31 fascists foiled in attacking idaho pride event

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: 31 fascists foiled in attacking idaho pride event

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

easyrider16 wrote: Jun 15th, '22, 09:09 You still don't seem to get it. Antifa is not a single group or organization, despite the right-wing media's attempt to paint it as such. Antifa just means anti-fascist. There are lots of groups that identify as anti-fascist, some good and some not so good.
I'd argue the majority of Americans are actually anti-fascism ... or at least the last election seems to indicate this is the case.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Ahhh, antifa is an organization that everyone, except hair splitters, attributes to violent, black mask wearing, idiots, who have no purpose in life but to create anarchy and eat hot pockets in their mother's basement apartment. So spare me your arguments to the contrary. Fool.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

throbster wrote: Jun 15th, '22, 09:30 Ahhh, antifa is an organization that Fox News and the sheep who watches them, attributes to violent, black mask wearing, idiots, who have no purpose in life but to create anarchy and eat hot pockets in their mother's basement apartment. So spare me your arguments to the contrary. Fool.
Fixed your post.
Don't Killington Pico
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

boston_e wrote: Jun 15th, '22, 12:04
throbster wrote: Jun 15th, '22, 09:30 Ahhh, antifa is an organization that Fox News and the sheep who watches them, attributes to violent, black mask wearing, idiots, who have no purpose in life but to create anarchy and eat hot pockets in their mother's basement apartment. So spare me your arguments to the contrary. Fool.
I support a facist organization and drag queens grooming kids.
Fixed your post.

- Simon and Garfunkel
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

throbster wrote: Jun 16th, '22, 10:45
I support a facist organization and drag queens grooming kids.
Fixed your post.
You from Canaan, VT throbster? This guy sure sounds like it could be you

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wcax.c ... utType=amp

Also, why not stay on topic and condemn the actions of the fascists in Idaho?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Right-Wing Groups Target Pride Events Amid Rising Anti-LGBTQ Rhetoric

https://time.com/6188059/pride-lgbtq-pr ... =207309822
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Um, nothing in that story mentions antifa. What makes you think this has anything to do with anti-fascisim?
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jun 13th, '22, 18:18
throbster wrote: Jun 12th, '22, 13:38 Now do Antifa
:Toast
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

throbster wrote: Jun 15th, '22, 08:13 It comes as no surprise that the lefties on this forum support antifa (probably members). They hide behind their black masks and commit violence against people who don't fall in line with their communist ideals. Much like the Brown Shirts of Nazi Germany.
i am openly and outwardly antifascist. in person conversation i make it quite obvious if the context is appropriate. the fact that being antifascist in 2022 is controversial (!!!) is making my father roll in his grave. and my grandfathers. and every allied veteran who fought in WW2.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

Fixed your post.
:Toast
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

a quick history lesson on how anti-LGBTQ rhetoric is nothing new for fascists: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institut_ ... ssenschaft

how being anti-fascist - even aggressively so - is not the same as being fascist (f*** toddler logic): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Morons. Antifa is anti-facist in name only. They are violent totalitarians. Get a freaking clue.

- Simon and Garfunkel
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

throbster wrote: Jun 20th, '22, 08:15 Morons. Antifa is anti-facist in name only. They are violent totalitarians. Get a freaking clue.
What words would you use to describe those engaged in the below? Fascists? Anti-fascist? Violent totalitarians?

asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

throbster wrote: Jun 20th, '22, 08:15 Morons. Antifa is anti-facist in name only. They are violent totalitarians. Get a freaking clue.
you accuse them of being anarchists, then totalitarians. which one is it? cant be both! the state is enacting violence against the people, therefore, responding with "violence" is self defense. funny how burned down buildings is "violence" but homelessness and hunger are acceptable. forced birth is acceptable and not violence, even if it kills the mother. you are onto something with the anarchism, some of us are anarchist. but that is literally the opposite of the boogeyman faux news told you to be worried about.

fascism: my enemy is both incredibly strong and weak at the same time.
8. The followers must feel humiliated by the ostentatious wealth and force of their enemies. When I was a boy I was taught to think of Englishmen as the five-meal people. They ate more frequently than the poor but sober Italians. Jews are rich and help each other through a secret web of mutual assistance. However, the followers must be convinced that they can overwhelm the enemies. Thus, by a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak. Fascist governments are condemned to lose wars because they are constitutionally incapable of objectively evaluating the force of the enemy.
https://theanarchistlibrary.org/library ... ur-fascism