Tyrolean skier ….

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

snowsprite
Post Office

Re: Tyrolean skier ….

Post by snowsprite »

My memories of Maria all involve fun, food, and family. She made you feel like a part of the family and always opened her heart and home to people. I loved to ski with Maria when our children were young.

Every weekend when I came up to ski, I sought her out because she was so passionate about skiing and would push me to test my boundaries. When it came to skiing--Maria was fearless and always wanted to keep going. Once I went down Double Dipper with her but struggled to make it down the volkswagon-sized bumps. She basically told me to get my act together and keep going! I loved that about her--she was a tough cookie, but with a heart of gold.

I can't count the times she pushed me to try something new, made me laugh when I was having a tough day, and welcomed me into her circle of friendship.

I will never forget this wonderful, sweet friend and the times we enjoyed. I send my love and condolences to the family and am thinking of them so much during these days.

Tyrolean Skier: you were one of a kind and will always be remembered, dear friend! <3

~ Sprite
I like wine.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

The Kzone and Killington communities have lost someone truly extraordinary. Like so many others, she was one of the earliest Killington people I met; a heart of gold spitfire with a generous soul impossible to forget. Her passion for skiing was unmatched; some called it an obsession, but who can fault anyone for discovering what they love and doing it out of sheer joy? Every day, long after the best snow was long scraped off and most had called it quits, she’d still be out there, looking for more trails and trees, and still finding hidden gems others had missed. And she always shared what she found. She was a peerless Killington ambassador without title. The opening day wine parties that she and Dork hosted are the stuff of legend. So many stories, like the time Dave Rathbunn showed up… Is it any wonder that she was often referred to as the “Kzone Mother”? She’s left a hole impossible to fill. I am grateful for the many kindnesses she showed me, happy to have been able to call her friend. Proud that she considered me a friend as well. I will miss her always.
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

Very sad news. My condolences to the family. May she be at peace.
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

I'm so sorry. Rest in peace. Although we never met, I feel as if I knew you . . .
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

I somehow missed this post before it was made a sticky. Rest in Peace Ty, you made a great impact on many peoples lives and you made the world a better place, what a great legacy. I only met you once or twice but that was enough for me to know that you had a beautiful heart and soul. Your passion for skiing was amazing. Prayers to Jeff and your son for peace and strength.
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Friends - Just realized I hadn't added anything to this saddest of K-Zone posts, though I knew of Maria's passing early on, and have been following this post since then.

My condolences to SkiDork [who I know pretty well], the family, and her K-Zone family who's lives she touched as much as anyone on this chat room.

Best I can/could do at the time was to play a song in her honor and memory last week at the Liquid Art open mike and at the Moguls Pig Roast Sunday. Not sure if any of the Zoners were there for either of these, but I tried to put out my best [Goodbye] Ruby Tuesday, by the Rolling Stones, for her. Aside from the obvious reference to her passing, I get a chill singing the lyric to this song, for her, with many of the other lines having a special meaning for me.

Rest In Peace our friend. Grateful Gary
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

My condolences on Maria's passing. She was a fixture at KZONE for years and years.

RIP Tyrolean Skier, Vinny
Pushgears
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Pushgears »

I first met Ty in 2003, who was incredibly inclusive to this new pass holder. She anchored the 10 AM meetup and led the way - often trailblazing memorable runs down the mountain. Her passion for skiing was infectious, inspirational, and knew no limits ; the definition of a diehard! RIP skiing sister....

I'd like to propose a K-ZONE HALL OF FAME sticky and to nominate Maria as its first member.
I spend a little time on the mountain, spend a little time on the hill.
pepperdawg
Black Carver

Post by pepperdawg »

Just saw this - RIP - So Sorry.
-Woof
Crazy Skier
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Crazy Skier »

Condolences to the family. RIP Ty. May you have powder days everyday now.
powday
Black Carver

Post by powday »

Maria is the reason why I started coming up to Killington back in 2002. I was 16 and only had a NY state learner's permit, a bright blue Nissan Sentra, and no ski friends. She welcomed me into the community with open arms at my first 10am meeting. Over the next 20 years, we built a close friendship that I will cherish forever. We spent so much time together on countless lift rides and ripping trails and tree runs. My condolences to SkiDork and Iceman. A fundamental piece of this community has been lost, and my heart continues to ache. RIP Maria, we love you.
Attachments
IMG_3133.JPEG
IMG_3133.JPEG (256.96 KiB) Viewed 4466 times
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

RIP Tyrolean Skier :sad:
Forever .. Goat Path
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

She was cool. I'll miss her presence.
May the awesome memories of her be a blessing to all!
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

B1CFE505-49A5-4F86-95D5-08996A537632.jpeg
B1CFE505-49A5-4F86-95D5-08996A537632.jpeg (127.28 KiB) Viewed 3741 times
Where is Happy Hour ?
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

RustyK wrote: Oct 6th, '22, 10:14 B1CFE505-49A5-4F86-95D5-08996A537632.jpeg