Tyrolean skier ….

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: Tyrolean skier ….

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Dork and family - My condolences on the loss of Ty. Praying that you will have peace and comfort.
RedRider
Postaholic

Post by RedRider »

So very sad, and heartbroken here, Ty was the first Zoner I met, (at the 10AM) and she introduced me to countless others, I never skied the trees with her, but we did ride the lift hundreds of times, I will miss her enthusiasm, and unwavering love for Killington. I will make a run for her every day I ski
Go that way, really fast.
If something gets in your way, turn.

Shortski is the Supreme Master of the Universe!!
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

RedRider wrote: Aug 11th, '22, 09:17 Ty was the first Zoner I met ...
Me too.

Before meeting some of you, I was pretty much a lifelong loner skier. Then about ten years ago, I began reading KZone, At some point, I started participating.

One spring day at the Ubar, I decided to just walk up to a table of people and ask "Are any of you KZoners?"

Ty raised her hand. She was literally the first friend I made at Killington. She was a welcoming presence. I always considered myself lucky in that regard. The first I met could have been one of you cranks. :wink:

She was such a ski trooper. The last time many of us saw her was this spring, when Mrs. G brought her to basecamp. (Thank you, Mrs. G!). It was a difficult day, but I am glad to have seen her. Still, I will prefer to picture her from another spring, methodically lapping Superstar with a broken arm.

My condolences to her family, as well as those here who I know were extremely close to her. I am very sorry for your loss.

Goodbye, Ty. You were amazing.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

MOST blessed memories. Baruch H'ashem. Heartfelt condolences to JL......nobody should shoulder such grief......
iriponsnow
Green Skidder

Post by iriponsnow »

Deepest condolences, thoughts, prayers.....
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

so sad to hear this. She was the heart and soul of this board/community and she will be greatly missed.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

a terribly sad day. condolences to skidork, iceman and family. she was a dear friend and a ski buddy. a kind, beautiful, giving soul with a big heart who touched so many and brought people together. she was the soul of this forum and as has been said, the entre for many into the kzone. her opening day wine parties were the best. she had an unmatched passion for skiing. winters won't be the same w/o her. rest in peace dear friend. will save you a seat on the next chair ...
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Condolences. Had the pleasure of skiing a few runs with her - remarkably determined with absolutely no fear. A good soul indeed.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

here's a foto of us enjoying a late season run down OL after bear had closed. she loved skiing closed trails and was quite the "outlaw." used to joke about there being a wanted poster of her in the ski patrol hut :lol: . really hard to accept that we were skiing together this winter and now she's gone. may there be endless pow runs for her ...
ty & me.jpg
ty & me.jpg (244.15 KiB) Viewed 2086 times
spoiled South American skiin' whore
hollywood
Black Carver

Post by hollywood »

So very sad. Ty was the heart and soul of KZone. Most of the Zoners I know are due to the 10 AM meetings she always advocated and attended in the early KZone days 20+ years ago.

RIP Ty. Condolances skidork and iceman
Happy hour's come and gone -
much too short and much too long
G-smashed
Official KZone Historian

Post by G-smashed »

Goodbye Ty and may you rip powder forever. This is a picture that hangs in my living room that made me think of you many times in the last couple of years...

Attachments
Best P to P pic.jpg
Best P to P pic.jpg (113.46 KiB) Viewed 2182 times
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

I am so sorry to hear this. I met Ty at the U-bar a few years ago, and though she was a wonderful human being. I wish there had been a different outcome. I do hope she is where there are powder turns anytime she wants. My heart goes out to her family.
SkiNutDave
Blue Chatterbox

Post by SkiNutDave »

So sad to hear even though we knew the time was near.
Memories of the kchat and 10 am meetings and helping pick up the kids when she dragged them into the woods and Iceman saying Mom can we go in yet and Ty saying no we're not going in yet! And her tiramisu.
Let your tracks be lost in the dark and snow.
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

Rest in peace Ty, Prayers to Skidork and Iceman. I have fond memories of Ty from the meet-ups/parties and the message board.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Ty took a fair bit of ribbing here on Kzone and took it in stride. There aren't many with her passion for skiing and generous spirit. Way too soon, and I am glad to have known her.