Election 2022

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Dickc
Postaholic

Election 2022

Post by Dickc »

Kind of surprised we do not already have this topic.
Dickc
Postaholic

Re: Election 2022

Post by Dickc »

Anyone in the Boston TV audience in Massachusetts a bit put off by the VERY negative NH ads?

Boston's TV 7, WHDH did a dive into them for their viewers to tell them what is what. Turns out one of the negative ads against a Republican is being paid for by a Democrat PAC that is worried about this politician facing Maggie Hassen in November. Dan Housley made it interesting.
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

Dickc wrote: Sep 12th, '22, 17:57 Kind of surprised we do not already have this topic.
Not much to talk about in Massachusetts. I was hoping Doughty would beat out Deihl in the primary, but it was not to be. Even in Massachusetts, the GOP is now the party of Trump. I can't support someone who has been a purveyor of election lies and conspiracy theories - not to mention most of his social positions are way to the right of anything one would consider mainstream. I'll cast my vote for Healy (although I would have preferred Doughty to provide some balance).

I am not even sure if anyone is running against Seth Moulton (although I've been a supporter of his since he ran against Tierney and he has done nothing that would make me vote against him), and neither of our senators is up for election.

No idea what is happening on other state offices, so I'll have to read up on those before Election Day.

I have not followed any of the New Hampshire ads.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Dickc wrote: Sep 12th, '22, 18:00 Anyone in the Boston TV audience in Massachusetts a bit put off by the VERY negative NH ads?
The focus on the border wall is beyond ridiculous. Do people in NH really care what's going on at the southern border, more than a thousand miles away? Is this really the most important to be pushing? In other times in our history, I would imagine being from the Northeast would mean you wouldn't want the government wasting your taxpayer dollars on building a wall a thousand miles to the south.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

We just spent a month on Cape Cod, where we were inundated with commercials for both Massachusetts and New Hampshire primaries. Amazing how much money must've been spent, and amazing how annoying all those commercials became. We probably even saw a few Rhode Island ads without even realizing it. Do the ads work? I don't know - I just kinda tuned them out after a few days and muted the TV when they came on. A few things I learned, however, include that Don Bolduc called Sununu a Chinese Communist sympathizer, Chris Pappas (along with Biden and Pelosi) runs Washington and Maura Healy looks remarkably like her mother and can shoot a basketball.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Low Rider wrote: Sep 12th, '22, 21:22
Dickc wrote: Sep 12th, '22, 17:57 Kind of surprised we do not already have this topic.
Not much to talk about in Massachusetts. I was hoping Doughty would beat out Deihl in the primary, but it was not to be. Even in Massachusetts, the GOP is now the party of Trump. I can't support someone who has been a purveyor of election lies and conspiracy theories - not to mention most of his social positions are way to the right of anything one would consider mainstream. I'll cast my vote for Healy (although I would have preferred Doughty to provide some balance).

I am not even sure if anyone is running against Seth Moulton (although I've been a supporter of his since he ran against Tierney and he has done nothing that would make me vote against him), and neither of our senators is up for election.

No idea what is happening on other state offices, so I'll have to read up on those before Election Day.

You are in my neighborhood as Moulton is my rep too. I'm next door to Salem.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Bubba wrote: Sep 13th, '22, 11:57 We just spent a month on Cape Cod, where we were inundated with commercials for both Massachusetts and New Hampshire primaries. Amazing how much money must've been spent, and amazing how annoying all those commercials became. We probably even saw a few Rhode Island ads without even realizing it. Do the ads work? I don't know - I just kinda tuned them out after a few days and muted the TV when they came on. A few things I learned, however, include that Don Bolduc called Sununu a Chinese Communist sympathizer, Chris Pappas (along with Biden and Pelosi) runs Washington and Maura Healy looks remarkably like her mother and can shoot a basketball.
Bubba, if you payed closer attention to what she promises, I am of the firm belief she cannot do it without tax increases, yet she talks of tax relief.
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

Dickc wrote: Sep 13th, '22, 13:00
Low Rider wrote: Sep 12th, '22, 21:22

You are in my neighborhood as Moulton is my rep too. I'm next door to Salem.
I don't remember the year but I supported Richard Tisei the first time he challenged John Tierney and planned to do so the second time, but when Moulton beat Tierney in the primary, I ended up casting my vote for Moulton (although I always viewed Tisei favorably - now that I think about it, he would have been a good candidate for Governor this year as well, IMO)
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Dickc wrote: Sep 13th, '22, 13:02
Bubba wrote: Sep 13th, '22, 11:57 We just spent a month on Cape Cod, where we were inundated with commercials for both Massachusetts and New Hampshire primaries. Amazing how much money must've been spent, and amazing how annoying all those commercials became. We probably even saw a few Rhode Island ads without even realizing it. Do the ads work? I don't know - I just kinda tuned them out after a few days and muted the TV when they came on. A few things I learned, however, include that Don Bolduc called Sununu a Chinese Communist sympathizer, Chris Pappas (along with Biden and Pelosi) runs Washington and Maura Healy looks remarkably like her mother and can shoot a basketball.
Bubba, if you payed closer attention to what she promises, I am of the firm belief she cannot do it without tax increases, yet she talks of tax relief.
I live in Vermont so really didn’t pay attention to all the details but, for the most part, I put no stock in political promises made during campaigns. Once someone wins and reality hits, most promises go out the window.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

MAGA strong even in NH. Will Bolduc beat Hassan? I don’t think so.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

I don't think Bolduc wins. His big mistake has been attacking our very popular governor. So, I don't see Sununu endorsing him in the general. Chris won't endorse Hassan, he will just stay neutral. That's a problem for him. Plus Bolduc has too many ridiculous publicly made conspiracy comments that will all get brought up in TV ads for the general when more money gets involved.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Also we should note that the lady who just turned 25 won the Republican primary to run against Chris Pappas. That woman was a member or Trumps cabinet. I see NH Republicans shooting their feet off this election cycle. MAGA Republicans should ALL GO AWAY!
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Fetterman wins the prize for the best ad of the campaign season:

https://twitter.com/johnfetterman/statu ... 74356?s=12
Don't Killington Pico
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Dickc wrote: Sep 14th, '22, 16:46 Also we should note that the lady who just turned 25 won the Republican primary to run against Chris Pappas. That woman was a member or Trumps cabinet. I see NH Republicans shooting their feet off this election cycle. MAGA Republicans should ALL GO AWAY!
I said it when Trump was first nominated - Trump is going to destroy the Republican party. It's happening before our eyes.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Leavitt won because she's an actual NH native. Mowers and Huff Brown are recent imports to the state from places a lot of NH people don't like: Mass and NJ. Lots of fear the state will be turned into high tax places like those. Mowers also voted in two states for the 2016 primary.

The general with Pappas will probably be pretty close. If she wins, it's a referendum on Democrats because of inflation.