Election 2022

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Election 2022

Post by easyrider16 »

deadheadskier wrote: Nov 8th, '22, 09:04 Democrats did a bad job pointing out that inflation is a global issue and there's a limit to how much US monetary policy changes will impact it.
Not really their fault. Start trying to explain the workings of international currency to anybody but an economist and eyes start glazing over.

The Democrats should have pushed to repeal Trump's tax cut on the top bracket. Soaking some of that money up would actually have helped with inflation. But so few people understand economics that it's hard to sell. Their decision to push more spending instead was not very smart, even if it would have had a minimal impact on inflation.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Looking more like a red ripple than a wave

Happy with the NH results, which is exactly how I voted. Glad the majority of our voters have similar common sense as I.

If like Sununu, you are a moderate Republican that shows respect for fellow man, exhibits intelligence, measured words and actions....even those who lean heavily Democrat like myself will vote for you.

If you are an abject moron Trump supporter, who thinks kids defecate in litter boxes in school like Bolduc? GTFO

If you are concerned with the rights and lives of women, you will also always vote blue in National elections as the Supreme Court mess has shown Republicans can never be trusted to seat SCJs. They only place extremist ideologues on the bench.

Good job fellow granite staters!
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Fetterman sure has a good story. He seems like a good guy and hopefully can be a McCain like figure for democrats.

Governor's race in PA seems interesting, too. The MAGA candidate got blown away. Maybe a sign to Republicans that you can't win in swing states with that voter fraud nonsense? Here's to hoping Republicans wake up to that idea.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

This is trending towards the best midterm cycle for an incumbent since Bush after 9/11, no?

Split ballot again for me yesterday. Held my nose and voted for Kathy Hochul. Lee Zeldin might have had a chance if it wasn't for Trump ... shame someone spends their life preparing for the moment and then flushes it down the toilet by swearing fealty to Trump/MAGA. Lindsey Graham was right.

It's Trump/MAGA. Republicans need to take this L and move on from him/MAGA.
easyrider16 wrote: Nov 9th, '22, 06:20Maybe a sign to Republicans that you can't win in swing states with that voter fraud nonsense? Here's to hoping Republicans wake up to that idea.
Narrator: They won't.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Nov 9th, '22, 06:48 This is trending towards the best midterm cycle for an incumbent since Bush after 9/11, no?
It really should have been an easy win for Republicans with inflation, a bear stock market, and Biden being a doofus. That it's not a landslide for Republicans should send them a wake up call, but I agree it probably won't.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Fox news even pushing against trump now

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/conser ... een-weaker
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

deadheadskier wrote: Nov 9th, '22, 06:16 Looking more like a red ripple than a wave

Happy with the NH results, which is exactly how I voted. Glad the majority of our voters have similar common sense as I.

If like Sununu, you are a moderate Republican that shows respect for fellow man, exhibits intelligence, measured words and actions....even those who lean heavily Democrat like myself will vote for you.

If you are an abject moron Trump supporter, who thinks kids defecate in litter boxes in school like Bolduc? GTFO

If you are concerned with the rights and lives of women, you will also always vote blue in National elections as the Supreme Court mess has shown Republicans can never be trusted to seat SCJs. They only place extremist ideologues on the bench.

Good job fellow granite staters!
Not in NH but would have been my feeling too. If Doughty had been in the race here in MA, I would have considered a vote for him to provide some balance (as I voted for Baker in the past), but no way I'm giving a MAGA Republican a vote.
Last edited by boston_e on Nov 9th, '22, 09:16, edited 1 time in total.
Don't Killington Pico
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

daytripper wrote: Nov 9th, '22, 08:04 Fox news even pushing against trump now

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/conser ... een-weaker
Fake news

Throbster has been saying for months that Ultra Maga is stronger than ever, Trump candidates would dominate in 2022 and MAGA represents the future of the Republican party.

Or were you wrong again throbster?
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

J.D. Vance snubs Trump in his victory speech:
Vance is among a number of high-profile Senate candidates in tight races who Trump endorsed, but he is the only one to have secured a victory on Tuesday night. The others either lost or are in races too close to call, as in Georgia and Wisconsin.

Vance's victory speech saw him thanking dozens of people involved either directly in his campaign or in assisting his win, but Trump wasn't among them.
And this is a Fox News report. Sure looks like Murdoch has turned on Trump.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jd-van ... ory-speech
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

easyrider16 wrote: Nov 9th, '22, 09:45J.D. Vance
He knows exactly what he’s doing. Watch him pivot back to being a more moderate republican and back to the roots of what he wrote about in Hillbilly Elegy.

McCarthy and the GOP really missed a huge opportunity to move on after Jan 6. I assume McCarthy regrets his Mar a Lago visit after Jan 6 that brought Trump back into the fold.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Nov 9th, '22, 09:53 McCarthy and the GOP really missed a huge opportunity to move on after Jan 6. I assume McCarthy regrets his Mar a Lago visit after Jan 6 that brought Trump back into the fold.
They're between a rock and a hard place. Trump is still very popular, and when he gets snubbed, he's not afraid to go after members of his own party. I see the 2024 campaign being very tumultuous for Republicans. There's already rivalry heating up with DeSantis. Trump called him "Ron DeSanctimonious" at a rally, and said this:
“I would tell you things about him that won’t be very flattering – I know more about him than anybody – other than, perhaps, his wife,” Trump said in an interview with Fox News Digital.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/08/politics ... index.html
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

After 2020 and now 2022, Republicans would be absolute morons to continue to support Trump.

It should be pretty obvious to anyone by now that he's a loser and bad for the party.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

easyrider16 wrote: Nov 9th, '22, 10:05
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Nov 9th, '22, 09:53 McCarthy and the GOP really missed a huge opportunity to move on after Jan 6. I assume McCarthy regrets his Mar a Lago visit after Jan 6 that brought Trump back into the fold.
They're between a rock and a hard place. Trump is still very popular, and when he gets snubbed, he's not afraid to go after members of his own party. I see the 2024 campaign being very tumultuous for Republicans. There's already rivalry heating up with DeSantis. Trump called him "Ron DeSanctimonious" at a rally, and said this:
“I would tell you things about him that won’t be very flattering – I know more about him than anybody – other than, perhaps, his wife,” Trump said in an interview with Fox News Digital.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/08/politics ... index.html
It would be great if Chris Sununu jumped in the race - let Trump and DeathSantis split the deplorables and Sununu wins the votes of all the smart republicans, independents and moderates.
Don't Killington Pico
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Holy crap... Boebart may lose, which would probably be the biggest upset in 2022. She was in what was considered a safe Republican district and highly favored to win.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA13Vg59
Last edited by easyrider16 on Nov 9th, '22, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

deadheadskier wrote: Nov 9th, '22, 10:39 After 2020 and now 2022, Republicans would be absolute morons to continue to support Trump.

It should be pretty obvious to anyone by now that he's a loser and bad for the party.
Lindsey Graham, May 3, 2016 wrote:If we nominate Trump, we will get destroyed.......and we will deserve it.