Election 2022

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: Election 2022

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

throbster wrote: Nov 11th, '22, 10:20Back on subject: They are still counting votes. Whatever process Florida has should be a model for all the other states. The delay undermines the integrity of our elections. No wonder people believe that elections are corrupt.
States have rights. Are you proposing that voting should be driven at the Federal level and States should not have a say? I know in PA, absentee ballots cannot be counted until Election Day is over. This was a bill passed by Republicans.
throbster wrote: Nov 11th, '22, 10:20Start by eliminating mail-in ballots (except for oversee military service members).
How should someone like my mother or father in law, who are incapacitated, vote?
Last edited by XtremeJibber2001 on Nov 11th, '22, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

I've voted absentee in every election since 2008. I travel for work and never know where I'll be that day.

My wife votes absentee too. Pain in the ass to drag the kids to the polls and wait in line.

There is no voter fraud problem in this country of any consequence. It is a myth believed by useful idiots.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Don't jump to conclusions fellas.

I said Florida should be a model.

Delays undermine confidence in the system. Fact. I am not saying they are corrupt.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

throbster wrote: Nov 11th, '22, 11:05 Don't jump to conclusions fellas.

Delays undermine confidence in the system. Fact. I am not saying they are corrupt.
Florida releases stuff too fast. Seems like they are not careful, don’t double check and seems ripe for a corrupt election official to alter results. Releasing too quickly undermines confidence in the system.
Don't Killington Pico
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

throbster wrote: Nov 11th, '22, 11:05I said Florida should be a model.
You said mail-in ballots should be eliminated. Mail-in ballots are permitted in Florida.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

boston_e wrote: Nov 11th, '22, 13:33
throbster wrote: Nov 11th, '22, 11:05 Don't jump to conclusions fellas.

Florida releases stuff too fast. Seems like they are not careful, don’t double check and seems ripe for a corrupt election official to alter results. Releasing too quickly undermines confidence in the system.
Like this or different?

easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

We all know why the elections are taking so long this year. It has everything to do with Trump's false claims of voter fraud in 2020. This bullsh!t about delays undermining confidence is so dishonest and disingenuous. It's the continuing false claims of the MAGA crowd that are undermining confidence in elections. Like Trump's post above - which is completely made up nonsense. See here: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA140sOi

The public has spoken. The majority of us think you MAGA clowns are full of sh!t with these bullsh!t claims of voter fraud. You can go away now, please.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

easyrider16 wrote: Nov 11th, '22, 14:54 We all know why the elections are taking so long this year. It has everything to do with Trump's false claims of voter fraud in 2020. This bullsh!t about delays undermining confidence is so dishonest and disingenuous. It's the continuing false claims of the MAGA crowd that are undermining confidence in elections. Like Trump's post above - which is completely made up nonsense. See here: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA140sOi

The public has spoken. The majority of us think you MAGA clowns are full of sh!t with these bullsh!t claims of voter fraud. You can go away now, please.
You might think that delays are not undermining confidence, but then again, you are a liberal.

The public has spoken and Republicans gained the House and maybe the Senate. Florida and Ohio are now Red. Yup, the public has spoken.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

I truly feel sad for you Throbster, that you are so deluded and misguided.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

I think its going to take another national election cycle or two to fine tune mail in voting. If nothing changes, the public will get riled up more and more at the delays. I would humbly suggest that mail in ballots need to be IN on the Sunday BEFORE election day so they can be sorted and verified in time FOR election day. I don't see a reason to have to wait for election day on the mail ins. The cut off should be two days before. It will not deny people the right to vote as they can go to the polls on election day if they do not return a mail in ballot.

OK people, flame me or agree with me. This is K Zone, and I'm sure we can come up with a way to make it work!
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Dickc wrote: Nov 11th, '22, 21:23 I think its going to take another national election cycle or two to fine tune mail in voting. If nothing changes, the public will get riled up more and more at the delays. I would humbly suggest that mail in ballots need to be IN on the Sunday BEFORE election day so they can be sorted and verified in time FOR election day. I don't see a reason to have to wait for election day on the mail ins. The cut off should be two days before. It will not deny people the right to vote as they can go to the polls on election day if they do not return a mail in ballot.

OK people, flame me or agree with me. This is K Zone, and I'm sure we can come up with a way to make it work!
The rational for not counting them ahead of time is in case early results somehow leaked out and could potentially discourage some from voting If they think it is already over.
Don't Killington Pico
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

I don't have a problem with mail ins postmarked election day and results coming later. Sure, it's nice to know the results quickly, but not 100% necessary for me. The reason why I think it's fair to wait until the final day is you never know if new information about a candidate comes out that might change your vote.

As an example, I may not have voted for Sununu because of his late positive comments about Bolduc. I didn't think Chris would cave to partisan behavior with that nut case and try to help him win. He did not support Bolduc in the primary and has spoken out against Trump's lies that Bolduc also spread. Perhaps a donor got the better of Sununu.
volklopposition
Green Skidder

Post by volklopposition »

deadheadskier wrote: Nov 11th, '22, 10:39 There is no voter fraud problem in this country of any consequence. It is a myth believed by useful idiots.
Voter fraud myths are probably the more dangerous of the two. Our belief that the system works is probably more important that it actually working perfectly.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

boston_e wrote: Nov 11th, '22, 21:52
Dickc wrote: Nov 11th, '22, 21:23 I think its going to take another national election cycle or two to fine tune mail in voting. If nothing changes, the public will get riled up more and more at the delays. I would humbly suggest that mail in ballots need to be IN on the Sunday BEFORE election day so they can be sorted and verified in time FOR election day. I don't see a reason to have to wait for election day on the mail ins. The cut off should be two days before. It will not deny people the right to vote as they can go to the polls on election day if they do not return a mail in ballot.

The rational for not counting them ahead of time is in case early results somehow leaked out and could potentially discourage some from voting If they think it is already over.
Please note I only mention the need to sort and verify they are valid. I implied, but did not say to count them on Election Day with all the others. My city has a pair of people opening verified mail in ballots, stacking them, and periodically going over to the counting machine and feeding them in.
G-smashed
Official KZone Historian

Post by G-smashed »

My message to the MAGA idiots that still defend Drumpf - YOU LOST! Read em and weep and then crawl back under your rocks. You can kiss me here.
Homerbutt small.jpg
Homerbutt small.jpg (17.89 KiB) Viewed 468 times