Midterms 2022

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Midterms 2022

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Imagine living in Pennsylvania and your vote doesn't count because you forgot to include the date or wrote the wrong date.

385 people forgot to include the date
618 people put an incorrect date

My quick Excel math tells me over half of these were submitted by people over the age of 70.

https://www.alleghenycounty.us/election ... llots.aspx
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Midterms 2022

Post by Bubba »

"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Nov 7th, '22, 14:12 Imagine living in Pennsylvania and your vote doesn't count because you forgot to include the date or wrote the wrong date.

My quick Excel math tells me over half of these were submitted by people over the age of 70.

Would be interested to see who these ballots are cast for even if unable to be counted.

Perhaps Pennsylvania laws need a little bit of tweaking.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Dickc wrote: Nov 7th, '22, 18:18
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Nov 7th, '22, 14:12 Imagine living in Pennsylvania and your vote doesn't count because you forgot to include the date or wrote the wrong date.

Would be interested to see who these ballots are cast for even if unable to be counted.

Agree the law definitely needs tweaking - nobody should have their vote discarded due to a date typo or meaningless technicality.

Democrats voted by mail 3x more than Republicans so these would likely be Fetterman votes by a 3:1 ratio. This suit was brought on by the Republican congressional committee and the Republican national committee, so you know who they think these votes would benefit more. Classic Republican voter suppression effort in order to try to steal an election.
Don't Killington Pico
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

boston_e wrote: Nov 7th, '22, 19:20

Agree the law definitely needs tweaking - nobody should have their vote discarded due to a date typo or meaningless technicality.
It’s not just PA. GOP is filing lawsuits across the nation with a focus on suppressing votes made via mail in ballots.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Nov 7th, '22, 19:43

It’s not just PA. GOP is filing lawsuits across the nation with a focus on suppressing votes made via mail in ballots.
Exactly - as mentioned it is a classic Republican voter suppression effort to try to steal an election.

Do you think they would be filing lawsuits like this if they thought that more Republicans voted by mail?
Don't Killington Pico
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

boston_e wrote: Nov 7th, '22, 19:49

Exactly - as mentioned it is a classic Republican voter suppression effort to try to steal an election.

Do you think they would be filing lawsuits like this if they thought that more Republicans voted by mail?
Making excuses already?? Can I remind you of "chads", same ole' playbook by the Dems this cycle. The Republicans did learn their lesson after 2020 and actually filed litigation early enough before the election to have rulings matter. PA is one such example.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Fancypants wrote: Nov 7th, '22, 22:16
boston_e wrote: Nov 7th, '22, 19:49

Making excuses already?? Can I remind you of "chads", same ole' playbook by the Dems this cycle. The Republicans did learn their lesson after 2020 and actually filed litigation early enough before the election to have rulings matter. PA is one such example.
Democrats are upset that it is harder to cheat. :barebutt: :lol:
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Fancypants wrote: Nov 7th, '22, 22:16 Making excuses already?? Can I remind you of "chads", same ole' playbook by the Dems this cycle.
Didn't work for them in 2000. I wish more Trump supporters would remember Bush v. Gore. You know, when a Republican president presented actual evidence in court and got the election overturned on legal grounds? Instead of just declaring victory and claiming fraud with zero evidence?
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Democrats voted by mail 3x more than Republicans so these would likely be Fetterman votes by a 3:1 ratio. This suit was brought on by the Republican congressional committee and the Republican national committee, so you know who they think these votes would benefit more. Classic Republican voter suppression effort in order to try to steal an election.
I asked that rhetorical question as XJ posted that over half of those discarded votes were from voters over 70 years old. That is usually a heavily Republican bloc, and I just kind of wondered if they cost the Republican candidate more votes than the Democrat.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

It would be hilarious irony if most of those votes were for Oz
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Dickc wrote: Nov 8th, '22, 16:30 I asked that rhetorical question as XJ posted that over half of those discarded votes were from voters over 70 years old. That is usually a heavily Republican bloc, and I just kind of wondered if they cost the Republican candidate more votes than the Democrat.
Given the results, this might have been prescient :lol:
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Elections should be held on one day. Photo ID should be required. Ballots should be cast in person with exceptions only for military and homebound. Results should be known on the night of the election.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

throbster wrote: Nov 14th, '22, 09:16 Elections should be held on one day. Photo ID should be required. Ballots should be cast in person with exceptions only for military and homebound. Results should be known on the night of the election.
My wife voted early this year. On election day she had to be at the hospital before voting started, 4 cases later she got home after voting closed. Should she have not been allowed to vote because her field of work is something other than military?
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Screw voting in person. Never again, thanks.

Same day results is also stupid. Did the forefathers have special supersonic carrier pigeons to get all the results in and counted same day? There's no need.

Instead of whining about process, worry about messaging. We already let you gerrymander the crap out of districts otherwise you wouldn't have squeaked out a House victory.

Republicans need to recognize their opinion is a minority one and that will only worsen as time marches on. Society becomes more liberal with each passing generation; not more conservative. Change your messaging. Trumpism isn't a winner. You got extremely lucky in 2016. That is it.