Tuesday 01/03/2023 Report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Tuesday 01/03/2023 Report

Post by Captain Hafski »

Morning Report: Not quite first chair, but real close, to beat the expected reign. Chose bubble to start and it was a great choice as Snowdon had the best "conditions" [grooming, snow surface, etc] overall from what we found on our 9-12 shift. Bunch of laps there, then over to Bear via Superstar lift, one down to Needle's Eye, then back to Snowdon with a NR coupla runs. Did I mention fog, mist, and drizzle ?

If it weren't for that, woulda been a superb day.

ROTD: LEF. I think we skied it 5 or 6 times through the day.

Other early Snowdon runs were also very good with a bit of fog, mist, etc. to contend with.

Only one run down to Bear, which though not bad, was not as good as Snowdon. Then, on our way back, Lower Cruise Control was really good. Butt, not worth another trip up to repeat. Bittersweet back to the other side was OK and, I suspect, better than Supe or Skyelark. Note: I thought Bear might be clearer re: fog, but it wasn't.

Back up the bubble, chose to ride up North Ridge once. Upper Rime, at that time of day [11:30] was really good so we went back up to do it again. Suspect it was chateroy earlier. Got to see the big dig on UEF - Wow. They were setting up an EZup tent to support the repair work. Had to move a lot of snow off the trail for the excavation.

Back down LEF one more time which was still very good. Got out before the real reign hit [it was South of K for the morning].

All in all, a very good day.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!