How's Elon Doing You Ask?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
throbster
Postaholic

Re: How's Elon Doing You Ask?

Post by throbster »

easyrider16 wrote: Jan 19th, '23, 07:04
throbster wrote: Jan 18th, '23, 21:04 Nah, he banned impersonation accounts.

What are you afraid of? The truth will set you free.
I guess you probably missed this one then:
https://www.theverge.com/2022/12/15/235 ... om-twitter

It is pretty comical how a guy who was so anti-censorship in his rhetoric so quickly left that thought in the dust bin the minute free speech became uncomfortable for him personally.
Oh, so doxxing is okay?

Bah bah is the clown who posted an obviously political topic on the chatter page.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

throbster wrote: Jan 19th, '23, 07:25
easyrider16 wrote: Jan 19th, '23, 07:04
throbster wrote: Jan 18th, '23, 21:04 Nah, he banned impersonation accounts.

What are you afraid of? The truth will set you free.
I guess you probably missed this one then:
https://www.theverge.com/2022/12/15/235 ... om-twitter

It is pretty comical how a guy who was so anti-censorship in his rhetoric so quickly left that thought in the dust bin the minute free speech became uncomfortable for him personally.
Oh, so doxxing is okay?

Bah bah is the clown who posted an obviously political topic on the chatter page.
Still need to update your avatar because you lost the Disney bet.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: Jan 19th, '23, 07:25 Oh, so doxxing is okay?
Oh, so you agree that some forms of speech should be censored?

By the way, what Elon's complaining about is not doxxing, and many of the journalists he banned never did anything more than criticize his handling of the situation. See here: https://nypost.com/2022/12/15/elon-musk ... urnalists/
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Bubba wrote: Jan 18th, '23, 22:33
daytripper wrote: Jan 18th, '23, 21:42 This is in chatter why?
Because it didn’t have to become political? Anyway, now it’s moving.
If you couldn't foresee this becoming political than I've got a nice bridge to sell you.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

A. Throbster prooving himself a tool with little sense of self control

B. Why hasn't his avatar been changed?

C. Elon Musk is overrated. Started on third base and certainly made some wise business decisions, but also had a lot of people who really made Tesla go. Once the major manufacturers catch up on EVs (and they will), Tesla is toast. Other than being fast, there's really nothing special about their vehicles. Pretty amusing to see his ego purchase of Twitter and he failing miserably at it. Probably ends up going the way of MySpace. Once dominant, now irrelevant.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

deadheadskier wrote: Jan 19th, '23, 09:48 C. Elon Musk is overrated. Started on third base and certainly made some wise business decisions, but also had a lot of people who really made Tesla go. Once the major manufacturers catch up on EVs (and they will), Tesla is toast. Other than being fast, there's really nothing special about their vehicles. Pretty amusing to see his ego purchase of Twitter and he failing miserably at it. Probably ends up going the way of MySpace. Once dominant, now irrelevant.
I used to think that there was nothing special about Tesla's vehicles until people I knew started buying them. Now, I acknowledge that there is a unique appeal to a Tesla based on its form and functionality. It reminds me of Apple - their competitor's products are every bit as capable, yet people happily pay twice the price for Apple. Part of it is style, part of it is usability, part of it is wanting to fit in with what other people are doing. I feel like Tesla has some of that kind of appeal.

While I also think that other auto companies are going to give Tesla a run for their money, Tesla is the current leader in the space and there's no reason why Tesla can't be a major manufacturer like GM or Ford. Tesla also has several other lines of business with potential that make its company more than just a car company. For example, see Tesla's energy storage systems (e.g. powerwall), as well as work on automation and robotics. I think this is why a lot of analysts value Telsa more like a tech company than a car company.

I will say I don't think Elon Musk has many original ideas. Most of his ideas come from fairly well-known sources, both science fiction and non-fiction, and his talent has been in assembling the people and resources to bring these ideas to reality.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

deadheadskier wrote: Jan 19th, '23, 09:48 A. Throbster prooving himself a tool with little sense of self control

C. Elon Musk is overrated. Started on third base and certainly made some wise business decisions, but also had a lot of people who really made Tesla go. Once the major manufacturers catch up on EVs (and they will), Tesla is toast. Other than being fast, there's really nothing special about their vehicles. Pretty amusing to see his ego purchase of Twitter and he failing miserably at it. Probably ends up going the way of MySpace. Once dominant, now irrelevant.
It's sad how leftist like dead weight, queazy and bah bah, who were once Elon fanboys, now hate the guy for exposing Democrat and deep state censorship.

- Simon and Garfunkel
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

daytripper wrote: Jan 19th, '23, 08:37
Bubba wrote: Jan 18th, '23, 22:33
daytripper wrote: Jan 18th, '23, 21:42 This is in chatter why?
Because it didn’t have to become political? Anyway, now it’s moving.
If you couldn't foresee this becoming political than I've got a nice bridge to sell you.
If people would only exhibit a little self-control…..oh, never mind……. :beat
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

throbster wrote: Jan 19th, '23, 10:16
deadheadskier wrote: Jan 19th, '23, 09:48 A. Throbster prooving himself a tool with little sense of self control

It's sad how leftist like dead weight, queazy and bah bah, who were once Elon fanboys, now hate the guy for exposing Democrat and deep state censorship.
Oh, how far we’ve come from reality. Small government conservativism is now called “leftist” by a Trumpist moron.

As for being “Elon fanboys”, please show ANY evidence of my support.

Finally, do the admins need to make you “pay up” on your bet or will you do what you committed to?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

I think it's pretty funny how I said good things about Elon and Tesla in the post right before Throbster alleges I "now hate the guy"

I don't hate Elon. I think he's a hypocrite on the censorship issue, but I agree that the government shouldn't be pressuring private companies to censor information, and I applaud whatever influence Elon had in disclosing any such pressure. As I've repeatedly stated, my stance on social media is that a private company has the right to do with its private property as it sees fit, and that includes censoring materials on the servers it owns and pays for, even if I may personally disagree with that decision. The government should have no involvement, either by pressuring a company to censor information, or by forcing them to publish information they do not want to publish.
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

Tesla's big advantage is their Supercharger network. Makes taking a road trip at least possible if still inconvenient. Once the charging infrastructure builds out, they will loose that advantage.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Racists and bigots deserved to be censored. Elon Musk disagrees.

False information deserves to be flagged and censored too. Giving your orange messiah a megaphone has resulted in tremendous harm to the country. Suckers who believe him end up shooting bullets at the homes of their political opponents. How is that good for anyone?

Lastly, pay up you welcher. Loud and proud Biden handle picture as you agreed to
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

deadheadskier wrote: Jan 19th, '23, 12:12

Racists and bigots deserved to be censored. Elon Musk disagrees.

False information deserves to be flagged and censored too. Giving your orange messiah a megaphone has resulted in tremendous harm to the country. Suckers who believe him end up shooting bullets at the homes of their political opponents. How is that good for anyone?

Lastly, pay up you welcher. Loud and proud Biden handle picture as you agreed to
I forget what the bet was about. Something about Disney Land attendance. And I am not even sure if I lost, but my avatar has been updated.

Have a nice day.

- Simon and Garfunkel
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

What a welching pussy
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

throbster wrote: Jan 19th, '23, 10:16 I forget what the bet was about. Something about Disney Land attendance. And I am not even sure if I lost, but my avatar has been updated.

Have a nice day.
Here's the wager. You're not holding up your end.

viewtopic.php?p=677179#p677179
throbster wrote: Apr 20th, '22, 08:49
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Apr 20th, '22, 08:45
throbster wrote: Apr 20th, '22, 08:49Disney is being led by woke fools. Their bottom line is going to take a big hit as the majority of Americans side with Densantis.
I don't know if they are or not, but why would it matter to the Governor? Aren't private businesses permitted to chose who they do / do not want to lead their organization?

I think you're wrong about this hitting Disney's wallet. We should place a wager. If Disney's park revenue increases in 2022, you keep Biden's presidential portrait (unmodified) as your avatar for the entirety of 2023. I will do the same, but with Trump, if park revenue decreases in 2022. Agree?
I'll take that wager.

https://tampa.cbslocal.com/2022/04/19/t ... s-mount-1/