Next Season's Ski Digs?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

Vinny Vincenzo wrote:
Hal U. Dewin wrote:
andyzee wrote:Not sure, been doing the Hotel/Motel route for the past few years. May look into joining a ski club with a lodge up in the area, or renting a house/condo with a friend that has just purchased his first pass for K, or back to the motel route.

and you're worried about sticky icky at my place? Bring your own sheets and towels and I'll give you a discount.....$300 a night.
That's mountain side at the 'Bush? What is your going rate? Will they give me a discount for my K Pass?
It's not mountainside...and the rate varies...lol, the bush charges double to k passholders, I rent privately and only give discounts to minorities.
shortski
:dis
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

Hal U. Dewin wrote:
It's not mountainside...and the rate varies...lol, the bush charges double to k passholders, I rent privately and only give discounts to minorities.
I'm a WASP with a bank balance. Is that enough of a minority to qualify for the discount?
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

Geoff wrote:
Hal U. Dewin wrote:
I'm a WASP with a bank balance. Is that enough of a minority to qualify for the discount?
lol..as long as you bring your mexican maid to clean the place when you're through, you're in!!
shortski
Dedo En Mi Chili
Black Carver

Post by Dedo En Mi Chili »

Hal U. Dewin wrote:
Vinny Vincenzo wrote:
Hal U. Dewin wrote:
andyzee wrote:Not sure, been doing the Hotel/Motel route for the past few years. May look into joining a ski club with a lodge up in the area, or renting a house/condo with a friend that has just purchased his first pass for K, or back to the motel route.

and you're worried about sticky icky at my place? Bring your own sheets and towels and I'll give you a discount.....$300 a night.
That's mountain side at the 'Bush? What is your going rate? Will they give me a discount for my K Pass?
Yo soy a minority. Are tacos included? I also require internet access so I can read the daily post on KAccess.
la cosa que me gusta más es panochita

Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

Hal U. Dewin wrote:
Geoff wrote:
Hal U. Dewin wrote:
lol..as long as you bring your mexican maid to clean the place when you're through, you're in!!
Do I get more of a discount for a French Maid?
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Geoff wrote:
Hal U. Dewin wrote:
Geoff wrote:
Hal U. Dewin wrote:
Do I get more of a discount for a French Maid?
HEY,speaking of Tress :lol: ....she'll be in costume the way the Yanks are playing.
snowsprite
Post Office

Post by snowsprite »

So you're saying what you do with uber-nice accommodations is "be seen" in them. And the dollar is what buys you a quality vacation experience. I love our plastic, shallow society!
:D

Not sure what latinos specifically have to do with the equation. I mean, I'm latino and we have an expensive house in fairfield county and live very comfortably. Then again, there is white trash in a trailer somewhere whose family has been here for 50 generations basically sittin' on the front porch spitting tobacco. Go figure!

Lotta racists in our society. I love them though, they are such morons that they make my IQ automatically go up like 100 points.

Sprite
Hal U. Dewin wrote: I dunno...why don't you poll the majority of americans (other than the ever increasing latino contingent, I think it's 5 to 1 now) and ask them? Of course there's something else involved...it's called the "experience". The vacation "experience" and people will pay more for them and their familes to ensure that thay have one in quality accomodations. C'mon sprite, this is america, look around you....you'll answer your own question. A lot has to do with seeing and being seen.

Take a look at the retail stocks that are propping up this listing economy....I'll give you a hint, it's not the redbacks spending their hard earned, untaxed dollars at Walmart.

Meanwhile the people on the other side of the equation (providing that experience) will enjoy greater investment appreciation, better rental income, increased flexibility to purchase other investments with their increased equity, and a reliable, qualified customer base.
I like wine.
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

snowsprite wrote:So you're saying what you do with uber-nice accommodations is "be seen" in them. And the dollar is what buys you a quality vacation experience. I love our plastic, shallow society!
:D

Not sure what latinos specifically have to do with the equation. I mean, I'm latino and we have an expensive house in fairfield county and live very comfortably. Then again, there is white trash in a trailer somewhere whose family has been here for 50 generations basically sittin' on the front porch spitting tobacco. Go figure!

Lotta racists in our society. I love them though, they are such morons that they make my IQ automatically go up like 100 points.

Sprite

Hal U. Dewin wrote: I dunno...why don't you poll the majority of americans (other than the ever increasing latino contingent, I think it's 5 to 1 now) and ask them? Of course there's something else involved...it's called the "experience". The vacation "experience" and people will pay more for them and their familes to ensure that thay have one in quality accomodations. C'mon sprite, this is america, look around you....you'll answer your own question. A lot has to do with seeing and being seen.

Take a look at the retail stocks that are propping up this listing economy....I'll give you a hint, it's not the redbacks spending their hard earned, untaxed dollars at Walmart.

Meanwhile the people on the other side of the equation (providing that experience) will enjoy greater investment appreciation, better rental income, increased flexibility to purchase other investments with their increased equity, and a reliable, qualified customer base.
actually no, what I'm saying is that I "accomodate" or "provide" the customer who wants to experience and "be seen", or whatever other individual decision it might be (maybe they just like the view), in really nice accomodations...and then I "vacation" modestly for 3x the price they paid for one.

A good percentage of the "ever increasing" latino contingent is here illegally and working tax free. It's not racist, it's an increasing problem in many states and is already starting to have a huge macroeconomic impact on this country. Not really sure you why you had to feel the need to explain that you have an "expensive" house in a "specific" county when you're basically denouncing that type of behavior by others everywhere else on this thread....in other words, being racist and stereotypical towards people who might just enjoy living a lifestyle different from yours....in other words, everyone who enjoys spending larger amouts of their hard earned money (what determines the threshold here, pricedrightbysprite.com?) on their personal vacation "experience" than the threshold set by pricedrightbysprite.com is a member of our "shallow, plastic" society...interesting...I'm sure there are a few on this board who have shelled out some decent amounts of cash to stay at some top notch accomodations in Killington through killingtonholidayrentals.com...are they automatically thrown into your plastic, shallow society? Because the dollar bought them a quality vacation experience? Isn't this america? Land of the free? Home of the ability to spend your money however you wish?

edit
Last edited by Hal U. Dewin on Jun 11th, '05, 12:18, edited 1 time in total.
shortski
SkiDick
Green Skidder

Post by SkiDick »

Hal U. Dewin wrote:A good percentage of the "ever increasing" latino contingent is here illegally and working tax free. It's not racist, it's an ever increasing problem in many states and is already starting to have a huge macroeconomic impact on this country.
Sounds like a political thread all of a sudden, BWAHHHHH!
Killington_Lover
Slalom Racer

Post by Killington_Lover »

motels in rutvegas. at the rodeway in we get in EXTREMLY cheap cause the owner's a great family friend. so yea? :roll:
Ski It If You Can!..
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

Killington_Lover wrote:motels in rutvegas. at the rodeway in we get in EXTREMLY cheap cause the owner's a great family friend. so yea? :roll:
that's awesome...different strokes for different folks, ain't America grand? You have a choice!!...and I'm sure you're well within the threshold for not being labeled "shallow" on pricedrightbysprite.com like all those other schmucks who pay big bucks to go on vacation or ski during holiday periods.

I wonder if anyone who rents out their homes...or who has rented in the past...feels guilty charging people rediculous amouts of money to give them the opportunity to ski Christmas or President's week...
shortski
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

SkiDick wrote:
Hal U. Dewin wrote:A good percentage of the "ever increasing" latino contingent is here illegally and working tax free. It's not racist, it's an ever increasing problem in many states and is already starting to have a huge macroeconomic impact on this country.
Sounds like a political thread all of a sudden, BWAHHHHH!
actually the original mention was a joke since it was recently mentioned in the press that the latino population is sustaining the fastest growth in this country and is growing at exponentional rates... I was implying that they would skew the poll.

The second response was a fact.

Closing tiiimmme...
shortski
snowsprite
Post Office

Post by snowsprite »

None of this has anything to do w/ your original response to AZ that he would not know what to do w/ nice vacation digs.

Why wouldn't he? What makes one person more able to enjoy or "appreciate" nice digs than another? Is there some kind of natural-born, or perhaps "purchased" pedigree that enables one to know what do do with nice digs? One that perhaps latinos and minorities (and AZ) do not have?

Just curious...

Sprite
I like wine.
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

snowsprite wrote:None of this has anything to do w/ your original response to AZ that he would not know what to do w/ nice vacation digs.

Why wouldn't he? What makes one person more able to enjoy or "appreciate" nice digs than another? Is there some kind of natural-born, or perhaps "purchased" pedigree that enables one to know what do do with nice digs? One that perhaps latinos and minorities (and AZ) do not have?

Just curious...

Sprite

Interesting you should be discussing pedigrees....

After a 1/2 bottle of tequila, I'm not sure AZ is housebroken. :mrgreen:
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

Hal U. Dewin wrote: actually the original mention was a joke since it was recently mentioned in the press that the latino population is sustaining the fastest growth in this country and is growing at exponentional rates...
I hope the Rican's aint growing that quick. Not sure if China can make enough little flags to hang from rear view mirrors of their sh*t boxes. They're some lazy bastards too. Chicanos on the other hand could rebuild the pyramids at Gaza in a weekend.

Neither of them ski so the lift lines won't get any more out of hand.