Sunday 02/05/2023

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

snoloco
Tree Psycho

Sunday 02/05/2023

Post by snoloco »

Something seems off this morning. None of the lifts are moving. It does not appear that they even finished putting the cabins on the K1. None of the webcams are working either. This suggests a power outage.
rower
Black Carver

Re: Sunday 02/05/2023

Post by rower »

I’m still in Connecticut but just got alert from GMP that I have no power at Pinnacle
rower
Black Carver

Post by rower »

Transformer failure. No power.
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

Does Pico have power? Wondering if it's worth it to head back there. They haven't updated the website at all for either mountain.
simpletwist
Blue Chatterbox

Post by simpletwist »

The power is back on at Pico.
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

Killington is delayed till 9 and Pico till 9:30, so it's no use heading to Pico. While the power outage was out of their control, it's going to be a total sh*t show. K1 parking lot is filling fast and there won't be any lifts open to spread people out for an hour.
Finn
Postaholic

Post by Finn »

Snoloco do you know me?
Finn
Postaholic

Post by Finn »

Hi everyone it’s great to be alive so make the best of this lovely day! Thinking of Maria Lanka in skiers heaven miss you girl.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

FYI, heard from a reliable source there are some bathroom issues at Pico as well. Sounds like ladies room is out of comission and they are using the Men's room. Men might have to use the loo in the ski club?
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

Thank you so much Finn. Heading out soon.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

Captain Hafski wrote: Feb 5th, '23, 09:34 FYI, heard from a reliable source there are some bathroom issues at Pico as well. Sounds like ladies room is out of comission and they are using the Men's room. Men might have to use the loo in the ski club?
Their Snow Report goes into detail on the pipes freezing.
Finn
Postaholic

Post by Finn »

Love your dork!!
Skiing okay windy and wind blown. The regular k skiers are ok but ikon clueless and over their ski level.
Boarders okay but clueless too.
K nice job closing off the top of mousetrap with a narrow openings prevents the clueless from going down it. Revisited my last years accident scene from a difference
Greedy but I am ok with it. Guess I will have to ski
It next time.Have a great day and be safe.
See some peeps are the The memorial for Hag later.
Did several runs for Wally, Pat and Dan too.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

yup transformer blow out at snowshed and shut everything down. lifts did start loading at 9 though ramshead hasn't turned and the SRT isn't gonna run today. a blustery affair that felt chillier than it was. 9-11:30 shift. felt like a saturday (although not like the last 2). skyeship lots filled. bear 75-80% full.

started at bear and the groomers there skied quite well on hard packed pow. GE to rt 4 was fun. panic was wind-swept clean and fasten your seat belts. needles & cruise good. bitter and lark were just ok as it was windier on the north side. a friend reported the supe hw also blown clean. mid only a little better. stayed off anything ungroomed and never got to snowdon or the canyon. between the crowds, the conditions and the fact that i'm not 100% called it a day.

didn't observe any snowmaking and if there was (supposedly on ovation), it was shut down by the power outage. supe hw is wired. they made a ridiculous amount of snow on dream hw (though closed).
spoiled South American skiin' whore
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

DMHW opened later and was run of the day. I actually caught the rope drop, but the ornery patroller wouldn't let me go down nor wait. Nastiest employee I've ever encountered at Killington. If I see the rope down I assume it's open but to this guy I might as well have ducked it. Later I took too many runs on it to count. East side seems to be better than the basin today. Wildfire also really good. Snowmaking on Dreammaker from Crossover down to and including Grizzly. Vertigo is fully wired but with Ratnicks, not the towers.

Today was a case in point of a day that turned out ok despite looking utterly miserable to start.
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

skiadikt wrote: Feb 5th, '23, 13:20 yup transformer blow out at snowshed and shut everything down. lifts did start loading at 9 though ramshead hasn't turned and the SRT isn't gonna run today. a blustery affair that felt chillier than it was. 9-11:30 shift. felt like a saturday (although not like the last 2). skyeship lots filled. bear 75-80% full.

started at bear and the groomers there skied quite well on hard packed pow. GE to rt 4 was fun. panic was wind-swept clean and fasten your seat belts. needles & cruise good. bitter and lark were just ok as it was windier on the north side. a friend reported the supe hw also blown clean. mid only a little better. stayed off anything ungroomed and never got to snowdon or the canyon. between the crowds, the conditions and the fact that i'm not 100% called it a day.

didn't observe any snowmaking and if there was (supposedly on ovation), it was shut down by the power outage. supe hw is wired. they made a ridiculous amount of snow on dream hw (though closed).
Yes Ovation was online last night but shutdown due to the power issue. There's the last guns being turned off that I caught this AM.
Screenshot_20230205_072636_Edge.jpg
Screenshot_20230205_072636_Edge.jpg (95.56 KiB) Viewed 691 times