Fox News - what we knew all along is true

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Fox News - what we knew all along is true

Post by easyrider16 »

For anybody who trusted Fox News, you should know that you've been played.
Billionaire media mogul Rupert Murdoch acknowledged in a deposition that several Fox News anchors “endorsed” former President Donald Trump’s baseless claims of fraud in the 2020 presidential election...

Murdoch said in the deposition—which took place last month, but snippets of which became public in a Delaware court filing by Dominion Voting Systems Monday—that he believes Fox executives should have taken a bigger role in toning down the claims frequently presented on prime-time Fox News programs following the 2020 election, saying: “I would have liked us to be stronger in denouncing it in hindsight.”
At one point, Murdoch explained the decision to let Lindell run ads for his company, MyPillow, as a strictly financial—rather than political—move, saying: “It is not red or blue—it is green,” according to Monday’s court filing.
A separate Dominion court filing earlier this month included text messages from Hannity, Ingraham and Carlson and other anchors apparently acknowledging they knew the election fraud claims were not true. “No serious lawyer could believe what they were saying,” Ingraham said of Giuliani and Powell’s appearances, calling Giuliani “such an idiot” and Powell a “complete nut.”
https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasre ... ud-claims/

I just listened to a Smerconish podcast that had even more details - like how Fox News execs sent Lindell a gift when he started whining about Fox being complicit in voting fraud, and how they invited him on the network to spread his BS basically because he was a big advertiser. And how Paul Ryan, a board member on Fox, was trying to push executives to take a more active role in quashing this nonsense, but that the on-air personalities were afraid if they did so they would lose their audience.

These news outlets make money by telling you what you want to hear. It's at least as prevalent on the right as it is on the left. I don't really want to hear about "mainstream media bias" until you're willing to acknowledge right-wing media bias, which in the above case included blatant misrepresentation.

Based on what I'm reading in this Dominion case, I suspect Fox is in for a rough time at the courthouse in the coming days. Btw, has there ever been a left wing media scandal as egregious as this? I can't think of one.
Last edited by easyrider16 on Mar 2nd, '23, 13:20, edited 1 time in total.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Re: Fox News - what we knew all along is true

Post by daytripper »

Fox, CNN, MSNBC are businesses looking to make money so they tell their viewers what they want to hear so they can get better ratings. The actual truth is irrelevant to ratings.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

They are, but this Fox/Dominion story is on another level. Fox was reporting literally baseless allegations. When's the last time CNN or MSNBC got caught doing something like that?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

easyrider16 wrote: Mar 2nd, '23, 13:06Based on what I'm reading in this Dominion case, I suspect Fox is in for a rough time at the courthouse in the coming days. Btw, has there ever been a left wing media scandal as egregious as this? I can't think of one.
Only thing I can remember was Dan Rather and GWB … was not remotely close to this magnitude. What Rather did is practically the norm on FOX these days.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

And Rather was fired for it. All those Fox personalities pushing the voter fraud crap are still working at Fox today.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Murdoch should receive a massive fine and Tucker , Hannity and others should be given two choices.

A. Stay off the air for five years

Or

B. Before every broadcast for the next five years, whether it be for Fox or anyone else, they should be forced to say , "Good evening everyone. I'm Tucker Carlson and I want to remind you folks that I lied to you about the results of the 2020 election. I lied to you to maintain my ratings and paycheck. There was no fraud. Donald Trump continues to lie to you on this subject."

Screw those Aholes. Scum of the earth
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

easyrider16 wrote: Mar 2nd, '23, 13:21 They are, but this Fox/Dominion story is on another level. Fox was reporting literally baseless allegations. When's the last time CNN or MSNBC got caught doing something like that?
Alex... Fake News for $1000.....What is Trump/Russia collusion.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Fancypants wrote: Mar 2nd, '23, 21:43 Alex... Fake News for $1000.....What is Trump/Russia collusion.
If this is true, how come Trump hasn't had any success against them in court? Where are all the emails from liberal reporters saying they think this story is bogus but they're going to run it anyway? Where are the depositions of executives saying they wish they had gotten more involved in quashing the story? Does Dominion just have better lawyers?

I think the difference is that there was some factual basis to the Russia collusion story that was newsworthy. Though I think it would be valid to argue that the media should have been more critical of the allegations against Trump, that's not in the same league as knowingly spreading outright misinformation about voter fraud.
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

You get the Golden Shovel award for that reply.......
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

A Trump veteran at Fox struggled to balance election lies with the network’s interests
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... fox-trump/
Shah advised that Carlson should mention the affidavit noting it was “not new info, not proof” but then quickly “pivot to being deferential.”

Pfeiffer, who has since left the network, answered that the delicate dance was “surreal.”

“Like negotiating with terrorists,” he added, “but especially dumb ones. Cousin f----- types not saudi royalty.”
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Fancypants wrote: Mar 3rd, '23, 22:29 You get the Golden Shovel award for that reply.......
Are you still subscribing to the election fraud lies? You made quite a few posts on here indicating your belief in those lies, and you could not have been more wrong. Based on that, I'm sure you'll understand if I take your opinion here with a very large grain of salt.
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

easyrider16 wrote: Mar 12th, '23, 13:05
Fancypants wrote: Mar 3rd, '23, 22:29 You get the Golden Shovel award for that reply.......
Are you still subscribing to the election fraud lies? You made quite a few posts on here indicating your belief in those lies, and you could not have been more wrong. Based on that, I'm sure you'll understand if I take your opinion here with a very large grain of salt.
Are they really lies..Does anyone really know what is true?
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Fancypants wrote: Mar 12th, '23, 19:42
easyrider16 wrote: Mar 12th, '23, 13:05
Are they really lies..Does anyone really know what is true?
So you're still wanting to believe them, huh? It's not surprising that you are now questioning the nature of truth given how badly you were deceived and how, apparently, you just don't want to admit it.

To many of us, Trump's election fraud lies were obvious from the outset. He started making them before the election was even finished, and thus before any evidence of fraud was even possible. All along the way, many of us asked, where's the evidence? To which people like you replied, just wait, it's coming. Well, it never came, and Trump lost every case, even in front of judges whom he appointed. The election results were confirmed by every recount and audit, even the ones entirely backed by the GOP and their minions. So yeah, I think we can pretty safely say we know the truth, and the truth is that he lied and you fell for it.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

With stories like this floating around, how can you fault the DOJ and left-wing media for investigating a possible Trump-Russia connection?
A federal criminal investigation into former President Donald Trump’s media company Trump Media has expanded to include potential money laundering violations linked to an $8 million loan with Russian ties, the Guardian reported Wednesday, potentially further threatening the ex-president’s media company and its planned merger with special purpose acquisition company Digital World Acquisition Corp (DWAC).
The payments came from Paxum Bank, which is registered in Dominica, and ES Family Trust, and the Guardian reports Paxum Bank is partly owned by Anton Postolnikov, an apparent relation of Aleksandr Smirnov, an ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin who worked for Putin’s government until 2017 and now runs the Russian-controlled maritime company Rosmorport.
I realize this is after the fact, but it's just one of many links between Trump's business activities and Russia, such as Trump's business looking into building a tower in Moscow in 2016. To suggest that the media reporting on Trump's links to Russia is baseless is really a stretch. I'm not saying there was direct collusion, but I think Trump definitely had a conflict of interest where Putin was concerned, and many of his decisions as President were colored by that conflict of interest (see e.g. Helsinki).

Compare that with the claims of election fraud - which, as time goes on, look more and more baseless.

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurk ... to-russia/
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Fox Producer Says She Was Set Up in Dominion Case
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/20/busi ... ssberg.htm
A Fox News producer who has worked with the hosts Maria Bartiromo and Tucker Carlson filed lawsuits against the company in New York and Delaware on Monday, accusing Fox lawyers of coercing her into giving misleading testimony in the continuing legal battle around the network’s coverage of unfounded claims about election fraud.

The producer, Abby Grossberg, said Fox lawyers had tried to position her and Ms. Bartiromo to take the blame for Fox’s repeated airing of conspiracy theories about Dominion Voting Systems and its supposed role in manipulating the results of the 2020 presidential election. Dominion has filed a $1.6 billion defamation suit against Fox. Ms. Grossberg said the effort to place blame on her and Ms. Bartiromo was rooted in rampant misogyny and discrimination at the network.

The new lawsuits, coupled with revelations from the Dominion legal fight, shed light on the rivalries and turf battles that raged at Fox News in the wake of the 2020 election, as network executives fought to hold on to viewers furious at the top-rated network for accurately reporting on President Donald J. Trump’s defeat in Arizona, a crucial swing state.
l