Fox News - what we knew all along is true

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Fox News - what we knew all along is true

Post by easyrider16 »

Here's an example of an extremely misleading headline on Fox News: "Garland refuses to examine civil rights claims of Jan. 6 defendants: ‘I don’t know anything’"

What Garland actually said, from the body of the article:
"I don’t know the specifics of individual cases," Garland said. "The beauty of the 6th Amendment is that each of those people is entitled to a lawyer, has a lawyer who can make a speedy trial argument in the court."

"Oftentimes lawyers ask for more time, oftentimes they ask for exceptions for discovery," Garland added. "There was an enormous amount of discovery in those cases. But I don’t know anything about those particular cases."

When Clyde asked whether a two-year wait meets the "speedy trial" clause of the 6th Amendment, Garland replied, "It can if the exceptions to the Speedy Trial Act are met. Those are the responsibility of the lawyers for those defendants."

"I would like you to look into that, because to me, I don’t think waiting two years for your trial complies with the 6th Amendment of the Constitution," Clyde said.

"This is an argument to be made before the judge," Garland replied. "The judge has the authority to dismiss a case for a violation of the Speedy Trial Act."
That headline borders on an outright lie. Garland didn't refuse to do anything. He pointed out that the defendants can raise a speedy trial argument at any time. There's also a big difference between the truncated quote, "I don't know anything" and the comments Garland actually made.

So you read this and you tell me - is there right-wing media bias? Because it sure seems that way to me.

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/garlan ... w-anything
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

The more remarkable part of all of this … is the GOP seems to be rallying around the perpetrators of Jan 6 and the leaders of the party are allowing it. Excited to see how this is received in the general election, especially now that folks like MTG are being amplified by their roles and any guardrails have been removed.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

The inmates are running the asylum in the GOP. The leadership doesn't have the votes to quash these idiots. McCarthy knows if he pushes too hard, the Freedom Caucus clowns are going to dethrone him. Nobody is listening to McConnell, who as minority leader has significantly reduced power, and the GOP's two leading presidential candidates may as well be chief of the crazies. It's a nightmare.

Realistically though, do voters care about Jan 6 anymore? It seems to me that the state of the economy is going to determine the outcome of the next election.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

easyrider16 wrote: Mar 30th, '23, 11:21 The inmates are running the asylum in the GOP. The leadership doesn't have the votes to quash these idiots. McCarthy knows if he pushes too hard, the Freedom Caucus clowns are going to dethrone him. Nobody is listening to McConnell, who as minority leader has significantly reduced power, and the GOP's two leading presidential candidates may as well be chief of the crazies. It's a nightmare.

Realistically though, do voters care about Jan 6 anymore? It seems to me that the state of the economy is going to determine the outcome of the next election.
The state of the economy generally determines the outcome, unless something or someone like Trump becomes singularly more important to voters.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Bubba wrote: Mar 30th, '23, 15:07
easyrider16 wrote: Mar 30th, '23, 11:21 The inmates are running the asylum in the GOP. The leadership doesn't have the votes to quash these idiots. McCarthy knows if he pushes too hard, the Freedom Caucus clowns are going to dethrone him. Nobody is listening to McConnell, who as minority leader has significantly reduced power, and the GOP's two leading presidential candidates may as well be chief of the crazies. It's a nightmare.

The state of the economy generally determines the outcome, unless something or someone like Trump becomes singularly more important to voters.

I think Trump is universally disliked and likely more so now after Jan 6. Will more or less independents vote for Trump in 2024? If you say less then the democratic nominee will be the winner. GOP would need a catastrophic issue for folks to want Trump in office again. Catastrophic being a US city is attacked by a foreign country.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Hannity ... Constitution should be shredded if country continues to hold people accountable when they break the law ...

https://twitter.com/AccountableGOP/stat ... 34401?s=20
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

It's amazing to see that even after this Dominion lawsuit, Fox is getting right back into bed with Trump and his bullsh!t. Kind of scary, actually.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

More evidence becoming available ...

Fox CEO Suzanne Scott says that after Fox's Arizona call for Biden "A trust has been broken and it's our jobs to help them through this to the other side ...and certainly speaking to the audience with respect is critical."

The Fox News Decision Team sent a memo to "Those Concerned" on November 3, 2020, laying out how many states with early Trump leads in the early hours would subsequently shift to Biden which "does NOT mean that there are problems with the integrity of the vote count."
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

easyrider16 wrote: Mar 31st, '23, 09:30 It's amazing to see that even after this Dominion lawsuit, Fox is getting right back into bed with Trump and his bullsh!t. Kind of scary, actually.
Yes, now leaving guest speakers to advocate for violence unchecked. It's remarkable, but not a surprise.
Jason Whitlock on Tucker wrote:I hope every other man out there watching this show, I hope you're ready for whatever's next. If that's what they want let's get to it.
https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/164 ... 44161?s=20
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Dominion gets ruling to take Fox News to trial — and then some

https://www.axios.com/2023/03/31/domini ... defamation
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Bubba wrote: Apr 1st, '23, 09:39 Dominion gets ruling to take Fox News to trial — and then some

https://www.axios.com/2023/03/31/domini ... defamation
Devastating for FOX. FOX seems certain the first amendment protects them and I don't see how that could possibly be true.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

That's not a legal argument. Defamation is not protected by the first amendment. All they are doing with that line of bs is trying to preserve their viewership. Sadly with how deluded their base is, they might see a verdict against Fox, if there is one, as a reason to rally. Fox I'm sure will try to spin this as some sort of left-wing conspiracy.

One thing is clear to those of us living in the real world - Fox news is not a reliable news source.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

It continues to go poorly for Fox ... Fox basically represented Murdoch as not being an officer of Fox News, when he was. Woof.

Judge chides Fox News over Dominion claim of ‘missing’ Murdoch documents
https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/20 ... x-murdoch/
G-smashed
Official KZone Historian

Post by G-smashed »

Fancypants wrote: Mar 12th, '23, 19:42
easyrider16 wrote: Mar 12th, '23, 13:05
Fancypants wrote: Mar 3rd, '23, 22:29 You get the Golden Shovel award for that reply.......
Are you still subscribing to the election fraud lies? You made quite a few posts on here indicating your belief in those lies, and you could not have been more wrong. Based on that, I'm sure you'll understand if I take your opinion here with a very large grain of salt.
Are they really lies..Does anyone really know what is true?
What is undeniably true is that Fancypants is either mentally deficient or a paid troll. There is no comparison between any of the MAGA talking points about Biden and the deliberate lies of Fox news hosts. I hope the lawsuit puts Murdoch and Fox News out of business. This is why I have Fancypants on ignore.

Don't Deer Valley Killington!
http://www.myeloma.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ffrf.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.keithrichards.com/
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Apr 12th, '23, 08:41 It continues to go poorly for Fox ... Fox basically represented Murdoch as not being an officer of Fox News, when he was. Woof.

Judge chides Fox News over Dominion claim of ‘missing’ Murdoch documents
https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/20 ... x-murdoch/
and .... now sanctions ...

Judge Imposes Sanction on Fox for Withholding Evidence in Defamation Case
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/12/busi ... ioned.html