Timing of Killington Forward

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Timing of Killington Forward

Post by KingsFourMan »

I see that the construction of The Killington Water System is currently out to bid with bids due on May 11th. Provided that the bids come in under budget, which is never a slam dunk, the water system project will be under way this summer.

There is nothing on the town of Killington website about the Killington Road project. I’m assuming that the design work that was done before the TIF passed was preliminary for budgeting purposes and that the Phase 1 design completion has now gone into full swing. I’m guessing that Phase 1 goes out to bid in late Spring/early Summer with construction starting Summer/early Fall but those are just guesses. Anyone have any solid info on it? Is that being handled by the Town of Killington or the State DOT? I didn’t see anything on the State DOT site about it either.

As far as the village itself goes, the milestones posted on the Six Peaks website are “SP Land looks forward to the town approval of the water and road infrastructure Tax Increment Financing in March 2023, and to Great Gulf acquiring Six Peaks Killington in April 2023. Great Gulf Sales are planned to begin with ski season 2023/2024.” That being said, I would anticipate construction of the actual residential units in the village to begin sometime in 2024 depending on sales and infrastructure progress with initial occupancy of the first units in late 2025 or early 2026. I’m guessing that the total build out would be in the 6-8 year range barring a major real estate meltdown in that period

Will be very interesting to see what Killington announces as far as mountain improvements for the 23/24 season. Will it be the new Snowshed/Rams Head base lodges and ski bridge which obviously wouldn’t be done for the 23/24 season? A new Rams Head 6-pack? Will the long awaited interconnect be announced along with the release of the first units offered for sale?

The next few years will be very interesting times in Killington for sure.
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Re: Timing of Killington Forward

Post by snoloco »

My understanding is that Superstar is the next lift replacement, and the first project directly associated with The Village will be the demolition and replacement of the Ramshead Lodge.
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

I can't see any new lifts happening in this off season if they haven't already been announced.

I would like to see more coin towards snowmaking. It's a big if, but IF the temps allow (and they don't all the time) then the River is going to eat their lunch getting terrain open next year. My good friend has been doing their build out and capacity expansion the past few years and it's impressive to say the least what they are doing. Next season they are going to be able to deliver a massive amount of water to every corner of that place. K needs to get there too.
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

The lift is not happening in 2023. 2024 at the earliest. They need to improve snowmaking capacity desperately. I don't understand why it's not a priority.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

KingsFourMan wrote: Mar 29th, '23, 09:53 I see that the construction of The Killington Water System is currently out to bid with bids due on May 11th. Provided that the bids come in under budget, which is never a slam dunk, the water system project will be under way this summer.

There is nothing on the town of Killington website about the Killington Road project. I’m assuming that the design work that was done before the TIF passed was preliminary for budgeting purposes and that the Phase 1 design completion has now gone into full swing. I’m guessing that Phase 1 goes out to bid in late Spring/early Summer with construction starting Summer/early Fall but those are just guesses. Anyone have any solid info on it? Is that being handled by the Town of Killington or the State DOT? I didn’t see anything on the State DOT site about it either.

As far as the village itself goes, the milestones posted on the Six Peaks website are “SP Land looks forward to the town approval of the water and road infrastructure Tax Increment Financing in March 2023, and to Great Gulf acquiring Six Peaks Killington in April 2023. Great Gulf Sales are planned to begin with ski season 2023/2024.” That being said, I would anticipate construction of the actual residential units in the village to begin sometime in 2024 depending on sales and infrastructure progress with initial occupancy of the first units in late 2025 or early 2026. I’m guessing that the total build out would be in the 6-8 year range barring a major real estate meltdown in that period

Will be very interesting to see what Killington announces as far as mountain improvements for the 23/24 season. Will it be the new Snowshed/Rams Head base lodges and ski bridge which obviously wouldn’t be done for the 23/24 season? A new Rams Head 6-pack? Will the long awaited interconnect be announced along with the release of the first units offered for sale?

The next few years will be very interesting times in Killington for sure.
Why are you guessing? Much of the timing is contained in the TIF application available on the town website or through the links at the top of Chatter.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

Bubba wrote: Mar 29th, '23, 13:10 Why are you guessing? Much of the timing is contained in the TIF application available on the town website or through the links at the top of Chatter.
I only skimmed the documents but i didn't see anything regarding the start date of the access road work, or the start date for the village housing units themselves, or the timing of the build out other than "several years in the future". Definitely not anything in there about the timing of the new Snowshed/Rams Head base lodge(s).
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
Bayfive
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Bayfive »

Yea , feeling good about the interconnect never happening, seems there’s a lot of blue spotted salamander and Bicknill thruch habitat in there and both are endangered species friends in the know said they have enough to tie evidence to tie it up in the courts for years , and I believe them
wtf021
Blue Chatterbox

Post by wtf021 »

Bayfive wrote: Mar 29th, '23, 14:46 Yea , feeling good about the interconnect never happening, seems there’s a lot of blue spotted salamander and Bicknill thruch habitat in there and both are endangered species friends in the know said they have enough to tie evidence to tie it up in the courts for years , and I believe them
Don't forget about the abundent finless brown trout. They migrate every day through the interconnect area, swimming up the Hershey Highway on their way to Rutland.
Bayfive
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Bayfive »

Running a 10” pipe line is a lot different then cutting ski trails and installing ski lifts , you will know me I’ll be the one chained to a tree if it ever moves forward , after all the court battles , I’ll see you around 2050 bicknill thruch out
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

You must also be one of those fine specimens that chains themselves to the railroad tracks south of Bow, NH trying to stop the coal trains from delivering to the generating station too?
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Bayfive is making me want the interconnect even more than I did.
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

Back on topic, is there any reason why Ramshead and Snowshed lodges will remain separate buildings? Is it a construction phasing thing? I would think it would be better to consolidate all services in one building so you're not unnecessarily operating two cafeterias, two ski school bases, and two rental shops.
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

Looking at the livekillington.com website - it sure seems like an awful lot of parking will disappear - oh please can we have to take a shuttle to get to the slopes. :dislike :dislike :dislike :dislike :dislike
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Bayfive wrote: Mar 29th, '23, 16:03 Running a 10” pipe line is a lot different then cutting ski trails and installing ski lifts , you will know me I’ll be the one chained to a tree if it ever moves forward , after all the court battles , I’ll see you around 2050 bicknill thruch out
Troll and obvious false flag. This guy is no environmentalist. He’s playing his demented stereotypical idea of an over the top eco warrior. Just ignore.
Bayfive
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Bayfive »

I’m a troll just because I’m against the interconnect typical Elitist , just dismiss someone if they don’t think the way you do