Timing of Killington Forward

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bumper

Re: Timing of Killington Forward

Post by 180 »

Regarding the interconnect, I was in the gondi and some guy said he worked for Vermont Fish and Game or something like that. He said that it would never happen due to bear habitat in the valley below the interconnect. I said i thought they traded Parkers Gore for that. He had no comment.
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

If they had the money they could go cut the interconnect tomorrow, it's permitted.
winter
Blue Chatterbox

Post by winter »

A lot of new details here about what is proposed:

https://anrweb.vt.gov/PubDocs/ANR/SPTem ... 230818.pdf
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

The master plan is frightening. I have long felt that the initial village will likely be the least of our worries, and this confirms it.

"Vale", "Snowdon Glades", "Yodeler's Run", "Snowshed Woods" (looks like an additional lift in the Snowshed/Northbrook area).

Even if the additional SEVEN development areas beyond the initial Snowshed/Rams development take another decade to actually happen, this place is going to be a giant construction zone for a very long time.

Although K1 parking appears to remain, Vale lots and SUPERSTAR ACCESS ROAD look to be gone.
Attachments
K Master Plan 1.JPG
K Master Plan 1.JPG (91.06 KiB) Viewed 482 times
Last edited by Southside_Bobby on Apr 30th, '24, 12:37, edited 1 time in total.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

Interesting document.

The schedule on the last page shows the phase 1 village construction starting in September of this year which assumes that the ACT250 amendment process will take 6 months as shown (Feb - Jul). Seems unlikely but they must have gotten some feedback from the ACT250 people about what to expect with respect to timing. There has been a lot of talk lately about speeding up the process to help ease Vermont's housing shortage. That being said, it's hard to imagine it starting that soon. Probably because it's been talked about for the past 4-5 decades.
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

winter wrote: Apr 30th, '24, 10:56 A lot of new details here about what is proposed:

https://anrweb.vt.gov/PubDocs/ANR/SPTem ... 230818.pdf
Is it even still valid? August 2023 document. A lot can change in 9 months on this thing.
GlenPLake
Green Skidder

Post by GlenPLake »

The photo of Pico on page six of the linked document seems to show an outline of the interconnect.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

GlenPLake wrote: Apr 30th, '24, 15:54 The photo of Pico on page six of the linked document seems to show an outline of the interconnect.
Which was taken from a promotion drawn up nearly 30 years ago...
ImageImageImageImage
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

KingsFourMan wrote: Apr 30th, '24, 11:49 Interesting document.

The schedule on the last page shows the phase 1 village construction starting in September of this year which assumes that the ACT250 amendment process will take 6 months as shown (Feb - Jul). Seems unlikely but they must have gotten some feedback from the ACT250 people about what to expect with respect to timing. There has been a lot of talk lately about speeding up the process to help ease Vermont's housing shortage. That being said, it's hard to imagine it starting that soon. Probably because it's been talked about for the past 4-5 decades.
Yup, lots of housing that people in the state of VT could use right now... NOT! Let's tie up the few trades people left on non-work force, common person housing. Sounds like it would have a negative impact on the housing crisis!
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
Skivt2
Bumper

Post by Skivt2 »

Interesting. I think they have vastly overestimated the number of working people with the income to live in the village who are able to work remotely full time. There seems to be quite a bit of roll back on that with the very highest paid people being unable to work remotely much at all. I’m sure those people do make up a market for some luxury condos for second homes like the pre-Covid days, but those folks have many options besides this development. The WFH quotes already sound out of date. Their timing may be off. I guess we all get a front row seat to the show either way.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Starting to look more like a city than a village.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Big Bob wrote:Starting to look more like a city than a village.
And an ugly one at that.....

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

As Killington plans for increased summer offerings, Attitash is shutting them down due to lack of interest...for the second year in a row.
Thanks to everyone who joined us on the slopes this season! It was great to see so many of you enjoying the mountain and riding the new Mountaineer lift to the summit. We know that you’re all here for amazing skiing and riding, and this summer, we’re going to focus our efforts on gearing up for next season by pre-emptively maintaining our snowmaking infrastructure and reconnecting snowmaking on Tightrope, maintaining lifts, trails, and buildings to minimize any disruptions or impacts during the winter season.

What this means though, is that we won’t be able to bring back public summer attractions this year, and we’ll be decommissioning the mountain coaster and zip lines due to aging infrastructure. With the removal of the mountain coaster, we will be bringing back the Hunky Dory trail for natural skiing and riding. We remain committed to reopening Attitash as a summer destination and want to make sure that when we do, we’re able to give it 100% and deliver an experience that will be most complementary to everything that the valley has to offer.

We are excited to formally announce the return of Oktoberfest on Saturday, October 12 – more details coming soon.

We have many great projects going on this summer including painting all our detachable lift terminals with Attitash blue, we will be putting new carpeting in our lodges, and we will be reconnecting the snowmaking on Tightrope.
ImageImageImageImage
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

hillbangin wrote: May 1st, '24, 08:02
Big Bob wrote:Starting to look more like a city than a village.
And an ugly one at that.....

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
Agreed, I'm not a fan either. Hopefully the village design isn't too far out there like a lot of other Safdie designs that we have seen.
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
wtf021
Blue Chatterbox

Post by wtf021 »

Southside_Bobby wrote: Apr 30th, '24, 11:38 The master plan is frightening. I have long felt that the initial village will likely be the least of our worries, and this confirms it.

"Vale", "Snowdon Glades", "Yodeler's Run", "Snowshed Woods" (looks like an additional lift in the Snowshed/Northbrook area).

Even if the additional SEVEN development areas beyond the initial Snowshed/Rams development take another decade to actually happen, this place is going to be a giant construction zone for a very long time.

Although K1 parking appears to remain, Vale lots and SUPERSTAR ACCESS ROAD look to be gone.
It looks like over half of K1 parking is gone too. No more Bay 1 and no more tailgating. You probably won't be able to get past the intersection of K Road and East Mountain Rd without some type of parking pass.