2024 Election

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: 2024 Election

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Low Rider wrote: Jun 20th, '23, 15:43
easyrider16 wrote: Jun 20th, '23, 08:22 I just saw an interview with Chris Christie. Why shouldn't we vote for this guy? I already like him better than Trump and DeSantis, although that admittedly is a low bar to set.
Christie would be a much better president than either Trump or DeSantis - but don't forget he shook Obamas hand after Hurricane Sandy so the deplorables don't like him. He is unlikely to get more than 2 or 3 percent of the primary vote.
It’s a shame, but you’re probably right.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

easyrider16 wrote: Jun 20th, '23, 08:22 I just saw an interview with Chris Christie. Why shouldn't we vote for this guy? I already like him better than Trump and DeSantis, although that admittedly is a low bar to set.
Christie would be a much better president than either Trump or DeSantis - but don't forget he shook Obamas hand after Hurricane Sandy so the deplorables don't like him. He is unlikely to get more than 2 or 3 percent of the primary vote.
It's more than shaking Obama's hand. That's incredibly small, in my opinion, and was relating to a natural disaster.. You're forgetting the bridge closure scandal, the beach embarrassment, and the poor showing in the debates when he and Rubio clashed. Can all that be in the past? Remains to be seen, as vision, composure and policy still matter to many voters.
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

Mister Moose wrote: Jun 21st, '23, 19:56
It's more than shaking Obama's hand. That's incredibly small, in my opinion, and was relating to a natural disaster.. You're forgetting the bridge closure scandal, the beach embarrassment, and the poor showing in the debates when he and Rubio clashed. Can all that be in the past? Remains to be seen, as vision, composure and policy still matter to many voters.
What are you talking about? Christie crushed little Marco in the debates. Calling him out for his 20 second memorized sound bites etc
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Mister Moose wrote: Jun 21st, '23, 19:56
I know I'm just nitpicking, but 74M people voted for Trump in 2020. That's nearly half the electorate that doesn't seem to care about a candidate's composure.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Mister Moose wrote: Jun 21st, '23, 19:56 You're forgetting the bridge closure scandal, the beach embarrassment, and the poor showing in the debates when he and Rubio clashed. Can all that be in the past? Remains to be seen, as vision, composure and policy still matter to many voters.
These issues seem to pale in comparison to Trump's lack of composure during questions about Putin's election interference in Helsinki, his lack of composure during the Covid crises, his bizarre performance in debates against Biden, and so many other examples of Trump's lack of composure. Yet as XJ pointed out, many still voted for him.

I don't think the MAGA crowd cares about composure, vision, or policy. I think they care about electing a guy they think will fight their perceived enemies. Christie's biggest problem in appealing to that crowd is that he is willing to work across the aisle to get things done.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Christies biggest problem and the reason he has absolutely 0% chance of winning the primary is that he has called out trump for all his sh*t.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

easyrider16 wrote: Jun 22nd, '23, 06:19
Mister Moose wrote: Jun 21st, '23, 19:56 You're forgetting the bridge closure scandal, the beach embarrassment, and the poor showing in the debates when he and Rubio clashed. Can all that be in the past? Remains to be seen, as vision, composure and policy still matter to many voters.
These issues seem to pale in comparison to Trump's lack of composure during questions about Putin's election interference in Helsinki, his lack of composure during the Covid crises, his bizarre performance in debates against Biden, and so many other examples of Trump's lack of composure. Yet as XJ pointed out, many still voted for him.

I don't think the MAGA crowd cares about composure, vision, or policy. I think they care about electing a guy they think will fight their perceived enemies. Christie's biggest problem in appealing to that crowd is that he is willing to work across the aisle to get things done.
Yup

The number one characteristic GOP voters want is someone who will own the libz. How effective they are at governing is of little concern.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

The strange new humility of Donald Trump
He’s pantomiming the same old manic exaggerations and empty boasts, but if you listen closely, you’ll hear the whisper of a deflating air bag.

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opi ... -rcna90479
To be fair, the 2024 campaign is still gearing up, and Trump has a penchant for pivoting. But right now, the public, self-narrated version of himself is starting to sound like the person many critics suspected was always at the core of Trump’s being: a tiny man inside a big suit, constantly pumping up his own ego while fearing the end of the charade is nigh. And maybe it finally is.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1680598 ... 46944?s=46
DeSantis: When people say we're going to somehow cut seniors' social security, that is totally not true. Talking about making changes for people in their 30s and 40s, that's a much different thing,
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

He actually doesn't sound unreasonable in that clip. I think he's right - social security is going to have to be cut for people who are now in their 30's and 40's. It's either that or we raise payroll taxes. In reality it will probably some combination of the two.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

"Dark Brandon" strikes again. This is trolling at its finest.

https://twitter.com/joebiden/status/1681424737384435713

No Democrat could possibly provide a better endorsement of some of the Biden administration's policies! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't Killington Pico
G-smashed
Official KZone Historian

Post by G-smashed »

daytripper wrote: Jun 22nd, '23, 07:41 Christies biggest problem and the reason he has absolutely 0% chance of winning the primary is that he has called out trump for all his sh*t.
The biggest problem with Christie is that he looks like Eric Cartman.

Don't Deer Valley Killington!
http://www.myeloma.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ffrf.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.keithrichards.com/
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Trump Truth Social post: “If you fck around with us, if you do something bad to us, we are going to do things to you that have never been done before.”

https://twitter.com/ronfilipkowski/stat ... 50401?s=46
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Image
Projection. He is saying what he thinks. And he thinks, that if he was president, he would do this exact thing against his opponent.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit