Smoke

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Re: Smoke

Post by asher2789 »

Mister Moose wrote: Jun 18th, '23, 09:16
asher2789 wrote: using younger generations to fuel their retirements through the social security ponzi scheme

i smoke for medical reasons. its discriminatory. i could take all the xanax or oxycodone i want with a prescription and thats perfectly legal and id have no trouble passing a DOT test with those drugs in my system. but weed? automatic fail.
I agree with Asher on these 2 things. Social security has been underfunding itself and therefore passing that burden onto future generations. It's all part of Washington's obsession with giving money away it doesn't have. Demand fiscal responsibility.

Weed has historically been linked to a gateway drug, and the inertia to change laws that reflect that is high. I hear far far more on Pride month, gun control, Ukraine, police injustice, price of eggs, electric cars, and the Kardashians. It's just not a priority. The move to legalization is steady in some states, but laws on drug use vs employment have not made progress, some for good reason. Pot does not have an established road test for intoxication, and until you get that test, not much will change. High safety conscious jobs will go on requiring drug tests. That's a choice you have to make.

asher2789 wrote: buying up property as an "investment" and then price gouging
Seriously? It's a resort community. EVERYONE who moves here to ski/ride does so as a choice. EVERYONE who rents short term at the biggest ski resort in the East and pays "Price gouging rates" does so as a choice. EVERYONE who chooses Killington over cheaper hills like Catamount or Berkshire East does so as a choice. People are willing to pay more money for a closer to the hill rental. That drives the price up. Too many people want to work at a ski resort for cheap. That drives the price down. Get on the train or get off, but as Bubba says, stop crying about it.

You chose to earn less and live close to K. The folks that chose to take a cubicle drone job in the flatlands to make more money consequently have it to spend on their ski weekend, and they outbid you for housing. That's capitalism, it lets you make choices.

asher2789 wrote: i made $17 an hour. working with a f*** helicopter.
You made $17/hr working at a ski resort doing lift construction. You don't get to make what the helicopter owner, pilot, helicopter mechanic, or lift manufacturer tech makes. Want to make field helicopter operator wages? Train for years and then work for a helicopter company and be away from home 4-7 days a week, or even 4 weeks at a stretch.

Own your choices.

PS. The helicopter pilot and mechanic probably get drug tested.

nice strawman. did i say i want helicopter pilot wages? no. did i say i want the mechanic or tech wages? no. (although the tech probably only makes a few dollars more than construction labor). what do i want? fair wages for hard work. guess what? i dont work for them anymore. the IRONY is the whole nObOdY wAnTs To WoRk AnYmOrE f*** whining while paying absolute garbage wages for some of the hardest most physically demanding work around in the worst possible weather conditions. and extremely f*** dangerous work, hence working with a helicopter being mentioned. go ahead and catch concrete out of a heli and tell me how easy it is. after working 65 hours already in the past 5 days... also, i worked for poma, not the mountain (nearly all of their construction work is subbed out). does it really build confidence knowing that the manufacturer is paying garbage wages for the installation of its lift? also, ive been drug tested for construction jobs, and always pass, because weed is no longer part of the testing. but that doesnt apply to federal licenses.

yOuRe JuSt An EnTiTlEd MiLlEnIaL fOr WaNtInG fAiR wAgEs OwN yOuR cHoIcEs In A sYsTeM wHeRe ChOiCeS aRe A fAcAdE aNd ExPlOiTaTiOn Of LaBoR iS gUaRaNtEeD

i literally build your lifts and lodges and yall double the f*** down and preach to me about my choices? is it learn a trade? is it go to college? what the f*** is it you f*** boomers? do you want your sh*t built or not? have some goddamn f*** respect for your local workforce you rich entitled f*** douchebag skiers.

what the f*** do you want people to do to get a fair wage in this f*** country?
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

Big Bob wrote: Jun 19th, '23, 18:22 So asher2789, what project at killington are you working on this summer?
i switched to residential, a private high end residence in killington. better pay, better crew, better hours, more respect, a decent job. i regret not asking for more pay but ill be revisiting that soon enough.

i will probably never work commercial again, too much sh*t, not enough pay. cant wait to see the next 10+ years of this village being built with no labor.
Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

:beat
asher2789 wrote: Jun 21st, '23, 17:45
asher2789 wrote: using younger generations to fuel their retirements through the social security ponzi scheme

i smoke for medical reasons. its discriminatory. i could take all the xanax or oxycodone i want with a prescription and thats perfectly legal and id have no trouble passing a DOT test with those drugs in my system. but weed? automatic fail.
I agree with Asher on these 2 things. Social security has been underfunding itself and therefore passing that burden onto future generations. It's all part of Washington's obsession with giving money away it doesn't have. Demand fiscal responsibility.

Weed has historically been linked to a gateway drug, and the inertia to change laws that reflect that is high. I hear far far more on Pride month, gun control, Ukraine, police injustice, price of eggs, electric cars, and the Kardashians. It's just not a priority. The move to legalization is steady in some states, but laws on drug use vs employment have not made progress, some for good reason. Pot does not have an established road test for intoxication, and until you get that test, not much will change. High safety conscious jobs will go on requiring drug tests. That's a choice you have to make.

Seriously? It's a resort community. EVERYONE who moves here to ski/ride does so as a choice. EVERYONE who rents short term at the biggest ski resort in the East and pays "Price gouging rates" does so as a choice. EVERYONE who chooses Killington over cheaper hills like Catamount or Berkshire East does so as a choice. People are willing to pay more money for a closer to the hill rental. That drives the price up. Too many people want to work at a ski resort for cheap. That drives the price down. Get on the train or get off, but as Bubba says, stop crying about it.

You chose to earn less and live close to K. The folks that chose to take a cubicle drone job in the flatlands to make more money consequently have it to spend on their ski weekend, and they outbid you for housing. That's capitalism, it lets you make choices.

You made $17/hr working at a ski resort doing lift construction. You don't get to make what the helicopter owner, pilot, helicopter mechanic, or lift manufacturer tech makes. Want to make field helicopter operator wages? Train for years and then work for a helicopter company and be away from home 4-7 days a week, or even 4 weeks at a stretch.

Own your choices.

nice strawman. did i say i want helicopter pilot wages? no. did i say i want the mechanic or tech wages? no. (although the tech probably only makes a few dollars more than construction labor). what do i want? fair wages for hard work. guess what? i dont work for them anymore. the IRONY is the whole nObOdY wAnTs To WoRk AnYmOrE f*** whining while paying absolute garbage wages for some of the hardest most physically demanding work around in the worst possible weather conditions. and extremely f*** dangerous work, hence working with a helicopter being mentioned. go ahead and catch concrete out of a heli and tell me how easy it is. after working 65 hours already in the past 5 days... also, i worked for poma, not the mountain (nearly all of their construction work is subbed out). does it really build confidence knowing that the manufacturer is paying garbage wages for the installation of its lift? also, ive been drug tested for construction jobs, and always pass, because weed is no longer part of the testing. but that doesnt apply to federal licenses.

yOuRe JuSt An EnTiTlEd MiLlEnIaL fOr WaNtInG fAiR wAgEs OwN yOuR cHoIcEs In A sYsTeM wHeRe ChOiCeS aRe A fAcAdE aNd ExPlOiTaTiOn Of LaBoR iS gUaRaNtEeD

i literally build your lifts and lodges and yall double the f*** down and preach to me about my choices? is it learn a trade? is it go to college? what the f*** is it you f*** boomers? do you want your sh*t built or not? have some goddamn f*** respect for your local workforce you rich entitled f*** douchebag skiers.

Seriously: seek mental health help. Weed ain’t cuttin it
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

A fair wage is one the employer offers and the employee accepts. (Subject to minimum wage law, obviously) You can vote with your feet... which apparently you did by finding different, better work. You can also go to a higher paying job in a different town. You may choose not to move for higher wages, but that validates to the Killington area employer that your wage is competitive in the local market place.

What is your definition of a fair wage?
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

Heywood jablowmee wrote: Jun 21st, '23, 18:43 :beat

Own your choices.

Seriously: seek mental health help. Weed ain’t cuttin it
f*** seriously bro? your response to being shown that yes i do in fact build your sh*t is that i need mental health help? for asking for fair wages? go look in the f*** mirror
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

Mister Moose wrote: Jun 21st, '23, 20:07

A fair wage is one the employer offers and the employee accepts. (Subject to minimum wage law, obviously) You can vote with your feet... which apparently you did by finding different, better work. You can also go to a higher paying job in a different town. You may choose not to move for higher wages, but that validates to the Killington area employer that your wage is competitive in the local market place.

What is your definition of a fair wage?
because vermont is a state of ski areas and second home owners, vermonters should just go f*** themselves? oh yeah, let me move with my feet. to f*** WHERE? the pay doesnt f*** cut it for most jobs in most places. f*** entitled shitheads throughout kzone.

enjoy riding the lifts i built and the lodge i built, i hope you think of the underpaid workers and how entitled we are for wanting living wages.

a fair wage is probably about double whats being paid to all trade positions across the board in vermont. nObOdy WaNtS tO wOrK aNyMoRe

also capitalism is coercive, employees dont have a choice. work or starve. employers collude on wages. source: see the past f*** 50 years you lead brained boomer.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

asher2789 wrote: Jun 21st, '23, 20:51 because vermont is a state of ski areas and second home owners, vermonters should just go f*** themselves? oh yeah, let me move with my feet. to f*** WHERE? the pay doesnt f*** cut it for most jobs in most places. f*** entitled shitheads throughout kzone.

enjoy riding the lifts i built and the lodge i built, i hope you think of the underpaid workers and how entitled we are for wanting living wages.

a fair wage is probably about double whats being paid to all trade positions across the board in vermont. nObOdy WaNtS tO wOrK aNyMoRe

also capitalism is coercive, employees dont have a choice. work or starve. employers collude on wages. source: see the past f*** 50 years you lead brained boomer.
I looked up a lot of information on median salary in VT, GDP by sector in VT, yadda yadda, and was going to demonstrate what various degreed and non degreed professions earn and how those better jobs are here in VT. And elsewhere.

What occurs to me though is how mostly you say "I can't", instead of "I can". With some anger thrown in.
Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

You’re the miserable a$$hole that’d be huckin lugies in peoples sandwiches at your brainless, well deserved employ. Glad I cook for myself. Again: seek help. Soon.
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

Its pretty clear she wants to live in Killington hell or high water, but at the same time bitch about not making enough money.

move to Rutland, probably A LOT more affordable and a short/normal commute by any standard. most of my employees that I manage drive at least 20 minutes to work. A few farther because they chose to live in a certain area and accept the commute as part of their lifestyle.

Should construction work pay more? Probably, but for whatever reason your former employer has chosen to do otherwise. Until they can't get anyone to work they'll likely proceed as is until the market dictates a change.
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

jimmywilson69 wrote: Jun 22nd, '23, 07:14

Should construction work pay more? Probably, but for whatever reason your former employer has chosen to do otherwise. Until they can't get anyone to work they'll likely proceed as is until the market dictates a change.
That’s capitalism. Bad.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

asher2789 wrote: Jun 21st, '23, 20:51 because vermont is a state of ski areas and second home owners, vermonters should just go f*** themselves? oh yeah, let me move with my feet. to f*** WHERE? the pay doesnt f*** cut it for most jobs in most places. f*** entitled shitheads throughout kzone.
Entitled? You are the one who sounds entitled. Many of the people you are arguing with here worked hard to earn college degrees and then worked for decades in a stressful corporate job with long congested commutes in order to be able to afford a home or a 2nd home in the Killington Area, how is that entitled? That's called hard work, dedication, commitment, sacrifice, and perseverance.
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Never clutter a discussion with the interjection of facts.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Why does asher get to promote hatred, bigotry, political anarchy and communism in chatter when it's not allowed here? Indoctrination, ignorance and being immature is no excuse.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

f.a.s.t. wrote: Jun 23rd, '23, 04:51 Why does asher get to promote hatred, bigotry, political anarchy and communism in chatter when it's not allowed here? Indoctrination, ignorance and being immature is no excuse.
That's rich coming from a guy who feels the need to crowbar in their politics in the chatter forum all the time
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

deadheadskier wrote: Jun 23rd, '23, 06:29
f.a.s.t. wrote: Jun 23rd, '23, 04:51 Why does asher get to promote hatred, bigotry, political anarchy and communism in chatter when it's not allowed here? Indoctrination, ignorance and being immature is no excuse.
That's rich coming from a guy who feels the need to crowbar in their politics in the chatter forum all the time
Go back to AZ where they promote the death of old white people.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!