Smoke

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Smoke

Post by Bubba »

LGA has flights to Canada. Flights from Canada to LGA clear US Customs at the Canadian airport.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

Big Bob wrote: Jun 9th, '23, 16:11
asher2789 wrote: Jun 9th, '23, 15:36
ANGUS wrote: Jun 7th, '23, 20:11 First world problems for aviation and travel. Nova scotia is taking it hard. Quebec too. The haze is bad here in NH. A member of my fire duty company was deployed last week, 1 of 20 sent north from New England task force. Imagine loosing your home?
just read this article and thought of your comment. vermont was only able to send two firefighters due to a lack of people. scary to think of, should we be hit with fires ourselves. not to veer too far into political but i cant help but wonder if the proliferation of short term rentals and second homes has led to people who would be volunteer firefighters / first responders to move out of state and volunteer elsewhere, or be unable to volunteer due to working longer hours to make it work here economically. i also wonder if this is a problem nationwide - less volunteers per capita than in decades past, due to the ever burdening squeeze placed on those who partake in wage labor where they dont have the time or energy to volunteer.
My town in NH had to hire 2 full time fireman to cover pretty much the whole week due to lack of volunteeres espically during normal working hours. Our chief is also now a paid position. The next town over is also hurting for volunteers and has to rely on mutual aid from surronding towns. They cannot send anybody during certain times of the day. Public works employees are also in short supply. If you have a CDL B and know how to drive a plow truck you can start at $25.00/ hour to lean on a shovel most of the year. So, yes it is also a problem in non resort areas in New England.
CDL requires a DOT exam, therefore, no weed allowed ever, despite it being legal in most states and people with CDLs being able to drink off the clock with no problem. can't imagine why there isnt enough workers...
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

asher2789 wrote: Jun 11th, '23, 22:32
ANGUS wrote: Jun 7th, '23, 20:11 First world problems for aviation and travel. Nova scotia is taking it hard. Quebec too. The haze is bad here in NH. A member of my fire duty company was deployed last week, 1 of 20 sent north from New England task force. Imagine loosing your home?
just read this article and thought of your comment. vermont was only able to send two firefighters due to a lack of people. scary to think of, should we be hit with fires ourselves. not to veer too far into political but i cant help but wonder if the proliferation of short term rentals and second homes has led to people who would be volunteer firefighters / first responders to move out of state and volunteer elsewhere, or be unable to volunteer due to working longer hours to make it work here economically. i also wonder if this is a problem nationwide - less volunteers per capita than in decades past, due to the ever burdening squeeze placed on those who partake in wage labor where they dont have the time or energy to volunteer.
My town in NH had to hire 2 full time fireman to cover pretty much the whole week due to lack of volunteeres espically during normal working hours. Our chief is also now a paid position. The next town over is also hurting for volunteers and has to rely on mutual aid from surronding towns. They cannot send anybody during certain times of the day. Public works employees are also in short supply. If you have a CDL B and know how to drive a plow truck you can start at $25.00/ hour to lean on a shovel most of the year. So, yes it is also a problem in non resort areas in New England.
CDL requires a DOT exam, therefore, no weed allowed ever, despite it being legal in most states and people with CDLs being able to drink off the clock with no problem. can't imagine why there isnt enough workers...
CDL requires a medical biannual or annual exam and signed up for random drug and alcohol testing. Your limit also gets dropped to .02 weather or not you are driving a commercial vehicle or your ride around car. You also cannot drink 24 hours prior to driving a commercial vehicle.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Weed is not legal in any state. Federal law supercedes state law.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

So why aren;t the feds shutting down weed shope in Maine selling recreational weed? There seems to be at least one in every town now.
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Because the law is not enforced.
GlenPLake
Green Skidder

Post by GlenPLake »

An unenforced law (also symbolic law, dead letter law) is a law which is formally in effect (de jure), but is usually (de facto) not penalized by a jurisdiction. Such laws are usually ignored by law enforcement, and therefore there are few or no practical consequences for breaking them.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

Big Bob wrote: Jun 12th, '23, 04:42
CDL requires a medical biannual or annual exam and signed up for random drug and alcohol testing. Your limit also gets dropped to .02 weather or not you are driving a commercial vehicle or your ride around car. You also cannot drink 24 hours prior to driving a commercial vehicle.
you still have to go through the federal DOT test, which bans weed in all forms. as you should know, weed lingers in the system for weeks if not months. so what i do off work which should be my business, especially in a legal state, would prohibit me from working anything that requires a DOT test since ill ultimately test positive even if im stone cold sober at work, just as somebody who enjoys the occasional alcoholic drink would be sober for work (and they'll test negative for alcohol on a test, unless they're an idiot or have a drinking problem).
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

daytripper wrote: Jun 12th, '23, 07:36
yes, stating the obvious. my point is that getting a CDL anywhere requires a DOT exam, and if you are a weed smoker even in a legal state you are sh*t out of luck unless you have someone pissing clean for you or youre using synthetic sh*t. i purposefully have avoided driving jobs - including heavy equipment operator stuff - for this reason my entire working career. because it doesnt matter if im sober on the job or not - the drug test will come back positive due to what i do outside of work, which is f*** sh*t and the only drug affected by this due to how the body metabolizes it in weeks/months rather than hours/days. over half of the states are legal states, its an absolute outrage that the feds won't legalize it.
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

I agree it's silly that it isn't legal, but outrage is a bit strong...
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

asher2789 wrote: Jun 13th, '23, 21:23
daytripper wrote: Jun 12th, '23, 07:36

yes, stating the obvious. my point is that getting a CDL anywhere requires a DOT exam, and if you are a weed smoker even in a legal state you are sh*t out of luck unless you have someone pissing clean for you or youre using synthetic sh*t. i purposefully have avoided driving jobs - including heavy equipment operator stuff - for this reason my entire working career. because it doesnt matter if im sober on the job or not - the drug test will come back positive due to what i do outside of work, which is f*** sh*t and the only drug affected by this due to how the body metabolizes it in weeks/months rather than hours/days. over half of the states are legal states, its an absolute outrage that the feds won't legalize it.
Feds have come up with a new test to replace the piss test since it was challenged in court from what I have read, I think it uses saliva. There are currently no labs certified to run the new test, I agree, what you do off the job is your business and I think this is a case of guilty till proven innocent.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

jimmywilson69 wrote: Jun 13th, '23, 21:53 I agree it's silly that it isn't legal, but outrage is a bit strong...
its an outrage because its effectively an unequal application of the law. you can be a total f*** tweaker but as long as youre off drugs for a couple of days before your test youre golden. but stop smoking three months ago and youll still piss positive. its discriminatory. and another reason why nOboDy WaNtS tO wOrK aNyMoRe im certainly not subjecting myself to invasive and discriminatory tests. if only we tested CEOs and politicians for drugs. bet few would piss clean.
Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

Those CEOs and such aren’t entrusted to busing your lil ones to school… or running a 53 ft trailer full of food and home goods over the interstate. You publically stats you ski 100 days… even with my owning a weekend k home behind the Foundry?… I only manage 40..50 days. Yup…. I run my own biz. Guessing your the actual lazy one you scream about…
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

I've never had a problem passing a drug test with not smoking for a week. Drink gallons of water and sweat as much as you can. 3 weeks under normal conditions, not 3 months but I agree mostly. it's ridiculous but discriminatory? Against who? Stoners?
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

daytripper wrote: Jun 14th, '23, 18:19 I've never had a problem passing a drug test with not smoking for a week. Drink gallons of water and sweat as much as you can. 3 weeks under normal conditions, not 3 months but I agree mostly. it's ridiculous but discriminatory? Against who? Stoners?
discriminatory against otherwise qualified people who won't risk losing their job if they can't piss clean given the bs standards currently in place.
*maybe* some testing will be developed showing current level of stoned-ness,(dui type stuff) but until then, we're losing a good bit of an otherwise qualified workforce willing and able to perform. heavy drinkers, 'tweakers' as mentioned and on and on, all good evidently. evening pot smokers, nfg. it's ridiculous. but i'm pretty sure you know that dt, so just ranting really.