Smoke

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Re: Smoke

Post by daytripper »

Just don't smoke pot if you need the job.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

Heywood jablowmee wrote: Jun 14th, '23, 18:13 Those CEOs and such aren’t entrusted to busing your lil ones to school… or running a 53 ft trailer full of food and home goods over the interstate. You publically stats you ski 100 days… even with my owning a weekend k home behind the Foundry?… I only manage 40..50 days. Yup…. I run my own biz. Guessing your the actual lazy one you scream about…
i built your lifts and lodges but go ahead and call me lazy :roll: sounds like school bus drivers and truck drivers should get paid more than CEOs since their job is more responsibility and more dangerous if something goes wrong. glad we can agree on something!
Last edited by asher2789 on Jun 15th, '23, 18:03, edited 2 times in total.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

daytripper wrote: Jun 14th, '23, 21:15 Just don't smoke pot if you need the job.
i smoke for medical reasons. its discriminatory. i could take all the xanax or oxycodone i want with a prescription and thats perfectly legal and id have no trouble passing a DOT test with those drugs in my system. but weed? automatic fail. regardless of if im high or not, if i smoked that day or week or not.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

twilkas wrote: Jun 14th, '23, 20:16
daytripper wrote: Jun 14th, '23, 18:19 I've never had a problem passing a drug test with not smoking for a week. Drink gallons of water and sweat as much as you can. 3 weeks under normal conditions, not 3 months but I agree mostly. it's ridiculous but discriminatory? Against who? Stoners?
discriminatory against otherwise qualified people who won't risk losing their job if they can't piss clean given the bs standards currently in place.
*maybe* some testing will be developed showing current level of stoned-ness,(dui type stuff) but until then, we're losing a good bit of an otherwise qualified workforce willing and able to perform. heavy drinkers, 'tweakers' as mentioned and on and on, all good evidently. evening pot smokers, nfg. it's ridiculous. but i'm pretty sure you know that dt, so just ranting really.
my point precisely.
Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

asher2789 wrote: Jun 15th, '23, 18:01
Heywood jablowmee wrote: Jun 14th, '23, 18:13 Those CEOs and such aren’t entrusted to busing your lil ones to school… or running a 53 ft trailer full of food and home goods over the interstate. You publically stats you ski 100 days… even with my owning a weekend k home behind the Foundry?… I only manage 40..50 days. Yup…. I run my own biz. Guessing your the actual lazy one you scream about…
i built your lifts and lodges but go ahead and call me lazy :roll: sounds like school bus drivers and truck drivers should get paid more than CEOs since their job is more responsibility and more dangerous if something goes wrong. glad we can agree on something!
Fact: you built neither. Be way careful throwin sh*t around ( people who’ve been here a few decades)
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

Heywood jablowmee wrote: Jun 15th, '23, 19:26
Fact: you built neither. Be way careful throwin sh*t around ( people who’ve been here a few decades)
i dont feel like doxxing myself, but if i did i can easily prove it. so easily. lets see, queer female, local to the area for a while now, snowboards a lot, and builds sh*t. im pretty much doxxed without giving it all away.

i dont want to be fired for my leftist views or my general hatred of the lead brained baby boomer generation who refuse to give up power and have been leading us off a cliff for decades now, using younger generations to fuel their retirements through the social security ponzi scheme and buying up property as an "investment" and then price gouging the generations following them. all the charts are there, all the data is there, the generational robbery is obvious, but point it out? youll get fired.

edit: f*** it. so sick and tired of the f*** disrespect of local workers who are struggling to get by yet make skiing possible for rich entitled assholes. sick of being gaslit about "not working hard enough" or "making bad decisions". when you enjoy the millions of dollars of capital improvements just know that i was barely surviving paycheck to paycheck to make it possible, busting rod in horrible conditions (in the case of the lift construction) you wouldnt last a day in. oh and PS the entire local labor for the south ridge and snowdon six was built by queer labor - a lesbian, a gay man, and a trans woman. of the three im the only one who's out, the gay man and trans woman are middle aged and grew up in a time where they couldnt be themselves and are just now coming to terms with themselves. another thing to think of during pride month. hopefully i didnt just ruin my life by doing this but im sick of being bullied.

south ridge
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Yiklkzh5qL4

k1
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/dWyJiUHn_lw

i dont think i have any video from snowdon six, but i did what was the craziest thing in my life and probably will forever be the craziest thing in my life: sending it full speed down chute in a side by side racing the heli when we flew towers with a generator in the back for the tools. i made $17 an hour. working with a f*** helicopter. building the lift you take for granted.

what have you built for the community, besides a history of trolling?
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

If it wasn't for those"rich entitled assholes" you wouldn't have the job you do. You are such a broken record always crying the same sh*t. Maybe you should do something about it instead of always crying.
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

My fellow brother was on the national news. We have a rule on our duty company. If you make the paper or local news. You buy us all ice cream. Never have we had a member make national news. The thought is we are going to demand steaks on the grill or Chinese food. Go Taylor!

https://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/americ ... -100126158 (https://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/americ ... -100126158)
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

asher2789 wrote: Jun 16th, '23, 20:32
Heywood jablowmee wrote: Jun 15th, '23, 19:26
i dont feel like doxxing myself, but if i did i can easily prove it. so easily. lets see, queer female, local to the area for a while now, snowboards a lot, and builds sh*t. im pretty much doxxed without giving it all away.

i dont want to be fired for my leftist views or my general hatred of the lead brained baby boomer generation who refuse to give up power and have been leading us off a cliff for decades now, using younger generations to fuel their retirements through the social security ponzi scheme and buying up property as an "investment" and then price gouging the generations following them. all the charts are there, all the data is there, the generational robbery is obvious, but point it out? youll get fired.

edit: f*** it. so sick and tired of the f*** disrespect of local workers who are struggling to get by yet make skiing possible for rich entitled assholes. sick of being gaslit about "not working hard enough" or "making bad decisions". when you enjoy the millions of dollars of capital improvements just know that i was barely surviving paycheck to paycheck to make it possible, busting rod in horrible conditions (in the case of the lift construction) you wouldnt last a day in. oh and PS the entire local labor for the south ridge and snowdon six was built by queer labor - a lesbian, a gay man, and a trans woman. of the three im the only one who's out, the gay man and trans woman are middle aged and grew up in a time where they couldnt be themselves and are just now coming to terms with themselves. another thing to think of during pride month. hopefully i didnt just ruin my life by doing this but im sick of being bullied.

south ridge
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Yiklkzh5qL4

k1
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/dWyJiUHn_lw

i dont think i have any video from snowdon six, but i did what was the craziest thing in my life and probably will forever be the craziest thing in my life: sending it full speed down chute in a side by side racing the heli when we flew towers with a generator in the back for the tools. i made $17 an hour. working with a f*** helicopter. building the lift you take for granted.

what have you built for the community, besides a history of trolling?
Cliff Notes version:

I’m a lesbian snowboarder. I put more economic value on my employment than my employer does. It’s the fault of capitalism and baby boomers. Waaahhh…..The end.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
G-smashed
Official KZone Historian

Post by G-smashed »

Let's get back on topic for a minute. It's starting to get smoky around here again.

Don't Deer Valley Killington!
http://www.myeloma.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ffrf.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.keithrichards.com/
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

G-smashed wrote: Jun 17th, '23, 19:13 Let's get back on topic for a minute. It's starting to get smoky around here again.
Put down the bong.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

Apparently Killington Resort was foreshadowing the future with their most recent trail map photo . . . .

"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

asher2789 wrote: using younger generations to fuel their retirements through the social security ponzi scheme

i smoke for medical reasons. its discriminatory. i could take all the xanax or oxycodone i want with a prescription and thats perfectly legal and id have no trouble passing a DOT test with those drugs in my system. but weed? automatic fail.
I agree with Asher on these 2 things. Social security has been underfunding itself and therefore passing that burden onto future generations. It's all part of Washington's obsession with giving money away it doesn't have. Demand fiscal responsibility.

Weed has historically been linked to a gateway drug, and the inertia to change laws that reflect that is high. I hear far far more on Pride month, gun control, Ukraine, police injustice, price of eggs, electric cars, and the Kardashians. It's just not a priority. The move to legalization is steady in some states, but laws on drug use vs employment have not made progress, some for good reason. Pot does not have an established road test for intoxication, and until you get that test, not much will change. High safety conscious jobs will go on requiring drug tests. That's a choice you have to make.

asher2789 wrote: buying up property as an "investment" and then price gouging
Seriously? It's a resort community. EVERYONE who moves here to ski/ride does so as a choice. EVERYONE who rents short term at the biggest ski resort in the East and pays "Price gouging rates" does so as a choice. EVERYONE who chooses Killington over cheaper hills like Catamount or Berkshire East does so as a choice. People are willing to pay more money for a closer to the hill rental. That drives the price up. Too many people want to work at a ski resort for cheap. That drives the price down. Get on the train or get off, but as Bubba says, stop crying about it.

You chose to earn less and live close to K. The folks that chose to take a cubicle drone job in the flatlands to make more money consequently have it to spend on their ski weekend, and they outbid you for housing. That's capitalism, it lets you make choices.

asher2789 wrote: i made $17 an hour. working with a f*** helicopter.
You made $17/hr working at a ski resort doing lift construction. You don't get to make what the helicopter owner, pilot, helicopter mechanic, or lift manufacturer tech makes. Want to make field helicopter operator wages? Train for years and then work for a helicopter company and be away from home 4-7 days a week, or even 4 weeks at a stretch.

Own your choices.

PS. The helicopter pilot and mechanic probably get drug tested.
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

Mister Moose wrote: Jun 18th, '23, 09:16

PS. The helicopter pilot and mechanic probably get drug tested.
Definitely get drug tested is more like it.

I think there needs to be a way to get an instant test done. Can't be that hard... but as Moose said there are bigger fish to fry.

Until then us adults have to make choices
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

So asher2789, what project at killington are you working on this summer?
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22