The Trials Of Donald Trump

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: The Trials Of Donald Trump

Post by easyrider16 »

Yeah it's a good point. As I understand it, it's pretty clear Trump falsified some records to try to cover up these hush money payments. I'm not an expert in NY corporate law but from what I've understood from the news clippings I've read, there might be some misdemeanor criminal liability there.

I think anyone who's being objective has to see that Trump has been conducting shady business practices in New York for a long time. You've got the charitable trust case, the Trump Org case, and now this one. Looking at the facts alone, there's a lot of evidence that Trump was not complying with the law. This sort of thing alone should disqualify him from high office. But there are so many things that should disqualify him... his sexual assaults, his constant and very obvious lying, his attempt to overthrow the government.. I mean just add it to the list. It's amazing that people are still willing to support this guy given the level of corruption he's shown.
G-smashed
Official KZone Historian

Post by G-smashed »

So another juror has withdrawn after being threatened by Drumpf and his cult of MAGA thugs. Why aren't they now prosecuting him for jury tampering?

Don't Deer Valley Killington!
http://www.myeloma.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ffrf.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.keithrichards.com/
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

It's a pretty thankless job. Limited upside with a ton of downside if the MAGA cohort gets a hold of your identity. Funny how the MAGA people were complaining they can't get a fair trial in a place like NY. Maybe the opposite is true - the prosecutor can't get a fair trial because of all this potential for intimidation.
Skid Mark
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Skid Mark »

"I want to tell you, Gorsuch, I want to tell you, Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions."

- Chucky Schumer on the steps of the Supreme Court
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Skid Mark wrote: Apr 22nd, '24, 15:45 "I want to tell you, Gorsuch, I want to tell you, Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions."

- Chucky Schumer on the steps of the Supreme Court
Do you find it appalling when elected officials make direct threats against other Americans?