The Trials Of Donald Trump

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: The Trials Of Donald Trump

Post by easyrider16 »

It's a difficult issue because he is a political candidate and it sure looks like he's being targeted because of his politics. And partly I think that's true. But this is how politics goes, and I think it's actually a healthy thing - you can't trust a party to investigate itself, so the only way corruption gets exposed is if the other side goes after it.

So for me the key question is not whether the prosecutor had some degree of political motivation. The key question is, is there a reasonable basis for this prosecution? Are there facts that support it? Look at the underlying facts of this case and it's pretty clear that Trump did some shady things here. There might be parts about this case that one can criticize, but it doesn't look like a sham case to me.

Now the Stormy Daniels criminal case - that one seems like it's on much shakier ground.
Skid Mark
Green Skidder

Post by Skid Mark »

Your analysis is wrong. It's straight up election interference led by the crook in the WH and his bitter AG "without fear or favor" Garland.

What are the Democrats so afraid of? Let the voters decide (without blatant cheating this time). Biden has been an unmitigated disaster for our country and the world, and he is way down in the polls. Just watch the dirty tricks they will unleash between now and November. They're panicking.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Skid Mark wrote: Feb 29th, '24, 09:47 Your analysis is wrong. It's straight up election interference led by the crook in the WH and his bitter AG "without fear or favor" Garland.
What about it is wrong? What's your basis for saying this?
Skid Mark wrote: Feb 29th, '24, 09:47What are the Democrats so afraid of? Let the voters decide (without blatant cheating this time). Biden has been an unmitigated disaster for our country and the world, and he is way down in the polls. Just watch the dirty tricks they will unleash between now and November. They're panicking.
I tend to agree that the voters should be allowed to decide, but I also think the justice system should be allowed to work and just being a political candidate doesn't exempt you from scrutiny. The GOP should have picked a better candidate. If they did they wouldn't be in this mess. See e.g. the Bushes, Romney, McCain, et. al - all presidential candidates who didn't have these problems. You could have had Haley or DeSantis, neither of whom had all this baggage. But the GOP went with Trump and all his skeletons, so you get what you get.

I don't think Biden's been a disaster. I think he's been pretty okay, though again he's not who I'd pick. But you know, the economy is good, inflation is all but gone, oil production is way up, you got the CHIPS act and infrastructure, and he's even moving on the border. That doesn't seem like a disaster to me.

I do think Trump was a disaster. You've got attempts to undermine the election, false claims of fraud that sowed distrust in the system, SCOTUS appointments resulting in taking away women's rights, his disastrous handling of Covid, trade wars, terrible foreign policy decisions, etc.
Killington_Lover
Slalom Racer

Post by Killington_Lover »

You can house bidens 7m+ illegals, pay 30% more for construction equipment, diesel still hovering at $4+. every last thing I build for you stupid liberals you can pay out your ass and complain about it. By the way when you try to import a new class of wage slaves to replace us we will be sure to stick it to you. Better learn to do your own work. I’m 32 and everyone I know in the trades isn’t riding the liberal union BS so get ready to lube up. You called us deplorables and we build this country. It’s too bad the Athens GA mayor wasn’t the victim of the crime committed in his neighborhood
Ski It If You Can!..
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Killington_Lover wrote: Feb 29th, '24, 12:38 You can house bidens 7m+ illegals, pay 30% more for construction equipment, diesel still hovering at $4+. every last thing I build for you stupid liberals you can pay out your ass and complain about it. By the way when you try to import a new class of wage slaves to replace us we will be sure to stick it to you. Better learn to do your own work. I’m 32 and everyone I know in the trades isn’t riding the liberal union BS so get ready to lube up. You called us deplorables and we build this country. It’s too bad the Athens GA mayor wasn’t the victim of the crime committed in his neighborhood
Dude. Are you okay?
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Feb 29th, '24, 13:27
Killington_Lover wrote: Feb 29th, '24, 12:38 You can house bidens 7m+ illegals, pay 30% more for construction equipment, diesel still hovering at $4+. every last thing I build for you stupid liberals you can pay out your ass and complain about it. By the way when you try to import a new class of wage slaves to replace us we will be sure to stick it to you. Better learn to do your own work. I’m 32 and everyone I know in the trades isn’t riding the liberal union BS so get ready to lube up. You called us deplorables and we build this country. It’s too bad the Athens GA mayor wasn’t the victim of the crime committed in his neighborhood
Dude. Are you okay?
Gaslighting victims never know when they are on fire......

This is the reason Trump gets called Hitler and Maga, Nazis. It's not their beliefs or actions; it's the gaslighting. Trump is a master of it, and MAGA cultists believe everything he says just like the Nazis believed Hitler.

It's not just embarrassing, it's downright scary we have so many among us with such poor logic skills.
Killington_Lover
Slalom Racer

No it’s the country you voted for and you can own it. Happy to stick it to all of you lib desk jockeys. You open up your doors to the illegals deadweight? You want a jib off “extremejibber?” As far as gaslighting I’m sure you two approve of the Athens mayors statement blaming Trump for the citizens death at the hands of another one of your beloved illegal scum
Ski It If You Can!..
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Killington_Lover wrote: Feb 29th, '24, 12:38[..] we will be sure to stick it to you.
Killington_Lover wrote: Feb 29th, '24, 16:53Happy to stick it to all of you lib desk jockeys.
Lots of 'stick it to you' talk. What does this mean? Is this a threat of violence?

I guess this is where I remind you that anonymity on forums like this one are an illusion.
Killington_Lover
Slalom Racer

It’s a threat of being able to jib and charge my MA liberal customers market rate for my services you dolt. When’s the last time you hit a rail ‘xtremejibber’? I clearly have stated I own a construction business, and am happy to stick it to you that wouldn’t know which end of a shovel to use. I’ve heard plenty of disdain for us red necks from the most of your lot. Funny my wife and parents immigrated legally and didn’t murder someone on their morning run. Funny they pay taxes and don’t get the handouts you like to give to these “asylum” seekers. Funny the libs talk about filling jobs Americans “don’t want to do”. Funny Biden wants to buy votes with bailing out students with sh*t degrees and us that worked for what we have don’t get sh*t. No I am not ok and I hate to see our country go down the fing tubes in my short years here. Liberalism is a disease
Ski It If You Can!..
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Killington_Lover wrote: Feb 29th, '24, 16:53 No it’s the country you voted for and you can own it. Happy to stick it to all of you lib desk jockeys. You open up your doors to the illegals deadweight? You want a jib off “extremejibber?” As far as gaslighting I’m sure you two approve of the Athens mayors statement blaming Trump for the citizens death at the hands of another one of your beloved illegal scum
There are things I like about how things are being run, there are some things I don't like. Yes, border security needs to be addressed by BOTH Biden and Congress. Have you called your Congressman on their failure to pass border legislation?

I in fact, have opened my doors to an immigrant family from the Dominican. I assume they were legal, but maybe not. Who knows. They lived in low income housing in town. There was a fire in the building and they lost almost everything. The building was a total loss. We had just bought a new home and hadn't sold outt prior place yet, when it happened. I took it off the market and let that family live there for free for three months until they found permanent housing. I would have done the same for asylum seekers.

I haven't read about the story in Athens to comment. Lotta murders in this country. I don't view migrants as any more of a security threat than our native born. But that doesn't mean I don't think work needs to be done about the border.

Sorry neighbor, I still vastly favor the ideas and equally as important, behavior, of the Democrats from Joe on down over Republicans by a WIDE margin.

MAGA ARE deplorables, from Trump on down. Morally bankrupt people.

Note: you can be blue collar and not MAGA. I have a family full of Democrat tradesmen

So, how are you going to stick it to me sir?
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Killington_Lover wrote: Feb 29th, '24, 17:15 It’s a threat of being able to jib and charge my MA liberal customers market rate for my services you dolt. When’s the last time you hit a rail ‘xtremejibber’? I clearly have stated I own a construction business, and am happy to stick it to you that wouldn’t know which end of a shovel to use. I’ve heard plenty of disdain for us red necks from the most of your lot. Funny my wife and parents immigrated legally and didn’t murder someone on their morning run. Funny they pay taxes and don’t get the handouts you like to give to these “asylum” seekers. Funny the libs talk about filling jobs Americans “don’t want to do”. Funny Biden wants to buy votes with bailing out students with sh*t degrees and us that worked for what we have don’t get sh*t. No I am not ok and I hate to see our country go down the fing tubes in my short years here. Liberalism is a disease
You do realize as a contractor if you "stick it to" a customer, no matter their political affiliation, word gets around quick online and off?

You do realize there are a lot of wealthy Mass people on these forums and maybe one of them someday is looking for a tradesman. Do you think they would hire you after reading this?
Killington_Lover
Slalom Racer

Then you put your money where your mouth is and I fully respect that.

I’ve housed my schizophrenic homeless friend for half a year when the state and his family failed him. I’m not Maga as much as I just fully detest the state and culture I’ve grown up in. As a person with ancient Persian - Zoroastrian non arab heritage am I allowed to call for freedom fighting of my people against the Muslim Arabs that decimated us? Or am I supposed to have white guilt and pay reparations for what my parents didn’t do in the US. We live our truths and unfortunately they often conflict.

I charge what the market will bear for my quality work. When a nuke sub engineer asks me for outdoor living and scoffs at the bid they can pound sand and cry to import millions of illegals to flood my line of work. I report every last company that hires illegals to the state. F them and f everyone that hires them.

To tie back into the topic- my problem is the left seems to treat the trials of DT with a guilty until proven innocent bent. I see plenty of my lib friends crying the SC is handing him a win by taking up the Jack Smith J6 case.
Ski It If You Can!..
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

What do you mean by "flood my line of work"?

Are you afraid of the competition or something?

I don't know what your particular specialty is, but your industry as a whole is 500k workers short and that number is growing, not decreasing.

Where's the flood?
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

You make a lot of assumptions. My father has been an electrician for 40+ years and taught me the trade. I'm also pretty good with a miter saw and nail gun. I did most of the renovation work on the house I currently live in, and that includes stripping it to the studs and building it back out. And by the way, everyone I know in the trades is killing it right now - more work than they've ever had at higher wages than ever. It seems like you're doing pretty OK after four years of Biden.

You know what I think? I think Biden suckered you Trump supporters. Ever wonder why it took so long for Biden's administration to move on Trump's indictment? Here's what I think happened. Someone told Biden that bringing charges against Trump will only make him more popular with his base. So they waited nearly three years to appoint the special prosecutor, and guess what? You guys fell hook, line, and sinker and gave Biden the one candidate he has a strong chance of beating.

Thanks to folks like you, we're all worse off. I actually think Biden should be replaced, but I can't in good conscience vote for someone who tried to overthrow the last election, threatens to refuse support for NATO allies, can't stand up to Putin, etc. So I have no choice but to vote for Biden because as bad as he might be, Trump is far worse.
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

easyrider16 wrote: Mar 1st, '24, 07:16
You know what I think? I think Biden suckered you Trump supporters. Ever wonder why it took so long for Biden's administration to move on Trump's indictment? Here's what I think happened. Someone told Biden that bringing charges against Trump will only make him more popular with his base. So they waited nearly three years to appoint the special prosecutor, and guess what? You guys fell hook, line, and sinker and gave Biden the one candidate he has a strong chance of beating.
If you say so, think this one is going to backfire on the democrats. The law-fare campaign is already starting too unravel at an increasing pace.The bias is becoming more and more evident as well as the hypocrisy of the media.
easyrider16 wrote: Mar 1st, '24, 07:16
Thanks to folks like you, we're all worse off. I actually think Biden should be replaced, but I can't in good conscience vote for someone who tried to overthrow the last election, threatens to refuse support for NATO allies, can't stand up to Putin, etc. So I have no choice but to vote for Biden because as bad as he might be, Trump is far worse.
I disagree but, who would you replace Biden with?? I suspect this person Is likely a further dive towards the progressive left.