US Women's soccer team

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

US Women's soccer team

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Pathetic showing in the World Cup by a bunch of spoiled rich kids, getting their asses kicked. Go woke-----go home.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: US Women's soccer team

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Got to do what they tell ya …

daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Politics and sports don't mix.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

daytripper wrote: Aug 7th, '23, 08:59 Politics and sports don't mix.
That's exactly why they lost, they mixed their politics and their identity with their sport and they got their asses beat. They were pathetic, blinded by ignorance, gloating-laughing-taking selfies after they tied Portugal to make the knock out round. The only reason they made the knock out round in the first place is because Portugal who outplayed the US hit the goal post instead of the net in the final minutes of their last first round match. Women's soccer became popular in the 90's when Mia Hamm and Brandi Chastain led the US to a World Cup win. The entire team were beautiful-patriotic Americans, the girl next door. They put their hands over their hearts and sang the National Anthem. They was nothing political about them. Chastain scored the winning goal and ripped her jersey off. All of America loved them. Today, half of America sees the current team for who they are, a bunch of spoiled, indoctrinated, ignorant rich kids with no heart. They had 3 penalty kick chances to win the game, and they missed all three.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-A1-Rz_pks
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Aug 7th, '23, 08:54 Got to do what they tell ya …

Ripone was laughing after she choked and missed the net by three feet. After the game she was still laughing and called losing a dark comedy. What a pathetic loser she is.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Yep..US controlled most of the game but, as in previous matches, couldn't put the ball in the net. Surely politics of wokeness was the cause. :roll:

https://time.com/6302113/the-u-s-world- ... =207309822
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Bubba wrote: Aug 7th, '23, 16:13 Yep..US controlled most of the game but, as in previous matches, couldn't put the ball in the net. Surely politics of wokeness was the cause. :roll:

They just plain suck then...............
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

f.a.s.t. wrote: Aug 7th, '23, 17:22
Bubba wrote: Aug 7th, '23, 16:13 Yep..US controlled most of the game but, as in previous matches, couldn't put the ball in the net. Surely politics of wokeness was the cause. :roll:

The criticisms of the team I saw and read were centered more on the coaching than the players. I honestly don't know enough about soccer to make my own judgement.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

There’s a World Cup going on now? I thought the women’s World Cup started in November. /s
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Bubba wrote: Aug 7th, '23, 19:15

The criticisms of the team I saw and read were centered more on the coaching than the players. I honestly don't know enough about soccer to make my own judgement.
Coaching has nothing to do with it, especially missing penalty kicks.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

f.a.s.t. wrote: Aug 8th, '23, 05:59

Penalty kicks may still be impacted by coaching, ie spotting a weakness or tendency in a goalie. Granted, some of the misses were way off the mark, seemingly having nothing to do with coaching.

As for the rest of the game, the players' overall strategy, game plan, etc. are dependent on coaching, as is the plan for player substitutions and more.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Bubba wrote: Aug 8th, '23, 09:30
f.a.s.t. wrote: Aug 8th, '23, 05:59

Penalty kicks may still be impacted by coaching, ie spotting a weakness or tendency in a goalie. Granted, some of the misses were way off the mark, seemingly having nothing to do with coaching.

As for the rest of the game, the players' overall strategy, game plan, etc. are dependent on coaching, as is the plan for player substitutions and more.
Blame the coaches, not the players. The US coaches told their players to lose. The Swedish coaches told their players win.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Yikes, blaming the political beliefs of the soccer team and coaches for their failure to win on the field? Pretty tenuous set of assumptions, there.

I'm guessing the primary person you must be talking about is Rapinoe, who is lesbian, outspoken, and socially liberal. Well, she has two previous world cup wins and an olympic gold medal, so I'm not sure how that means woke equals failure. In fact, she famously repudiated Trump following her world cup win in 2019. I guess woke equaled success back then?
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

For once, the LA Times gets it right. US team a bunch of spoiled rich kids.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/newslett ... rts-report
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

US women’s national team Coach reported to resign

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/ ... it-sources

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald