Biden mocks Maui wildfire victims again

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Biden mocks Maui wildfire victims again

Post by easyrider16 »

Human trafficking? WTF are you talking about? It's a natural disaster. Of course there are missing people, many of whom are probably casualties, and many others probably just displaced or in temporary shelters. The $700 is a FEMA assistance program designed to provide for immediate critical needs not long-term survival. There are other types of assistance for things like temporary housing, home repair, business repair, etc.
FEMA has approved more than $5.6 million in assistance to nearly 2,000 households in Maui as of Friday. The agency is offering a one-time payment of $700 per household for needs like clothing, food, or transportation. It will also pay to put survivors up in hotels and motels and has paid out $1.6 million in rental assistance as of Friday.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/fac ... -102383942

There definitely seems to have been some mis-steps, but I think that's unfortunately pretty typical of any crisis. I don't think we have the full picture yet, but this appears to be nothing like the fiasco following Katrina. Here's some balanced criticism:
https://abcnews.go.com/US/lingering-que ... =102395610
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

easyrider16 wrote: Sep 6th, '23, 06:36Human trafficking? WTF are you talking about?
This is a common fear among MAGA. Child trafficking is everywhere.

Was on the beach two weeks ago and a older man was talking to two teens about their volleyball hitting technique. My MAGA friend felt strongly this man was grooming the teens and was a human trafficker. The man left after speaking to the teens for ~2 minutes.

It's a cult.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

I would tire of such craziness and probably hang out with such a person less and less.
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

Wow. I guess I struck a nerve. I guess some of you keep children tied up in the basement. Visit prostitutes on a regular basis? Sorry but not sorry if I hurt your feelings. At least I know who you are. You queers won't be within 500' of my children.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

We queers, huh? Seems to me that you're the one whose feelings were hurt. You got called out and now you're lashing out. Well, sorry if I hurt your feelings, but I think it's really unfair to accuse people of heinous acts like human trafficking without any evidence.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

ANGUS wrote: Sep 6th, '23, 21:58 Wow. I guess I struck a nerve. I guess some of you keep children tied up in the basement. Visit prostitutes on a regular basis? Sorry but not sorry if I hurt your feelings. At least I know who you are. You queers won't be within 500' of my children.
Given your legal history, this is highly amusing to read from you

10-1 odds you were hammered making this post also
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

deadheadskier wrote: Sep 7th, '23, 07:15
ANGUS wrote: Sep 6th, '23, 21:58 Wow. I guess I struck a nerve. I guess some of you keep children tied up in the basement. Visit prostitutes on a regular basis? Sorry but not sorry if I hurt your feelings. At least I know who you are. You queers won't be within 500' of my children.
Given your legal history, this is highly amusing to read from you

10-1 odds you were hammered making this post also
Plaese pontificate.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Nah, I don't go for the throat like some people......