fast track pricing

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Re: fast track pricing

Post by Atomic1 »

jimmywilson69 wrote: Feb 8th, '24, 13:49 Does it really "sometimes sell out"?
Unless there’s invisible people skiing, you never know!
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Is there ever a line at the Fast Tracks entry?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
fdskier56
Blue Chatterbox

Post by fdskier56 »

I have 20 days in this winter and I haven’t seen 1
Person use fast track lane

Edit- nearly all wknds and holidays
Last edited by fdskier56 on Feb 8th, '24, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Can't say I've ever seen someone use fast track ever, but I try my best to avoid Saturdays.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

I am there almost every Saturday. I've seen people use it legitimately (i.e. they entered the gate and didn't duck the rope) on several occasions. Never have I seen a line, though.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Only times I've seen it used was by someone ducking the rope into it, mostly on the SD-6.

With that said, Killington ought to wake up with that configuration at the SD-6. For one thing, the two lane Fast Track RFID gate has one of the gates permanently open; there aren't even any 'arms' on it. So, have seen lots of peeps just going right through it and bypassing the RFID gates [i.e., skiing for free]. Secondly, it is super easy to get into the singles line and then duck under the rope into the Fast Track lane.

Thirdly, and not really a Fast Track thing, but also at the SD 6 I see lots of peeps just ducking under the "ski school" rope, that is up pretty high, and avoiding the RFID gates all together [and skiing for free].
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

I see Fast Track, at least at Killington, as a bit of a sucker's product. It's not often even on a Saturday that we can't find somewhere on the mountain with a minimal line. Add to that, the Fast Track only allows you to skip part of the line - it's not like ski school where they skip right to the front. It seems to me that it's more about making the buyer feel important than actually delivering something material.
simpletwist
Blue Chatterbox

Post by simpletwist »

easyrider16 wrote: Feb 9th, '24, 10:55 I see Fast Track, at least at Killington, as a bit of a sucker's product. It's not often even on a Saturday that we can't find somewhere on the mountain with a minimal line. Add to that, the Fast Track only allows you to skip part of the line - it's not like ski school where they skip right to the front. It seems to me that it's more about making the buyer feel important than actually delivering something material.
I love when there are people waiting in the Fast Tracks line and they keep calling singles from the regular line to load the chair.
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

simpletwist wrote: Feb 9th, '24, 11:53
easyrider16 wrote: Feb 9th, '24, 10:55 I see Fast Track, at least at Killington, as a bit of a sucker's product. It's not often even on a Saturday that we can't find somewhere on the mountain with a minimal line. Add to that, the Fast Track only allows you to skip part of the line - it's not like ski school where they skip right to the front. It seems to me that it's more about making the buyer feel important than actually delivering something material.
I love when there are people waiting in the Fast Tracks line and they keep calling singles from the regular line to load the chair.
That pretty much sums up the Fast Tracks program. Killington Resort, Mike S, and all Killington Staff should be ashamed.
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

ski wrote: Feb 9th, '24, 12:18
That pretty much sums up the Fast Tracks program. Killington Resort, Mike S, and all Killington Staff should be ashamed.
Ashamed of trying to make an extra buck off "suckers" who are willing to pay for essentially little or no benefit? No.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

Fast Tracks is a program driven by Powdr. Same program at Copper. I would bet Killington had no choice about putting it in. I do agree it is a solution looking for a problem.
Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

Bubba wrote: Feb 9th, '24, 12:25
ski wrote: Feb 9th, '24, 12:18
Ashamed of trying to make an extra buck off "suckers" who are willing to pay for essentially little or no benefit? No.
Just Barnum being Barnum. Bubba for the win
LINYbob
Bumper

Post by LINYbob »

Last year, on day 100, they loaded a Fast Track ticket onto our passes for that day. I seem to remember using the Fast Track lane for maybe two runs. It didn't seem like it really helped us, but I think it was a weekday anyway.

Tomorrow, 2/10, will be day 100 for this season. It might be more useful on a weekend day. We'll see.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

LINYbob wrote: Feb 9th, '24, 15:45 Last year, on day 100, they loaded a Fast Track ticket onto our passes for that day. I seem to remember using the Fast Track lane for maybe two runs. It didn't seem like it really helped us, but I think it was a weekday anyway.

Tomorrow, 2/10, will be day 100 for this season. It might be more useful on a weekend day. We'll see.
yeah probably on a saturday (like last weekend) at the k1, bubble, rams, snowshed, spq and supe.
spoiled South American skiin' whore