Expansion

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Re: Expansion

Post by newpylong1 »

Ovation offline and a whole lotta cold smoke coming from the Vertigo area, but could be Needles or blow over from SS due to how cold and dry it is.
Last edited by newpylong1 on Feb 6th, '24, 09:28, edited 5 times in total.
Skid Mark
Green Skidder

Post by Skid Mark »

Could someone please tell Mt Ops to stop ruining Great Bear (upper) with the terrible snowmaking? Ever since they added snowmaking to that trail, they have created a 200 yard skating rink with a 20 degree pitch. Throw out those shitty low-e guns!
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

guns off on lower ovation. still making snow ttb on supe and lower lark. that row of hkd on the supe hw were moved to launch pad and making wet snow there.

the stash looks ready to go. maybe tomorrow. grizzly groomed out but dream still has a ways to go.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

During this warm up it will be interesting to see if they move gear onto the Fiddle. I was looking back and they startes making snow on it 2/14 in 2006 so doing it this late is not unprecedented.

No Upper Wildfire and Pipe Dream is definitely weird though. The connector between South Ridge and Bear Cub (that they do while on Pipe Dream) is pretty brown.
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

South Ridge is likely done for the season, unless they make snow on Pipe Dream this week. They say it's closed today due to conditions.
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

Let's hope they make some there. If they don't and fire up somewhere else it's clear the inmates are running the asylum. There is still 8 weeks of skiing give or take for that side of the hill.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

snoloco wrote: Feb 11th, '24, 06:49 South Ridge is likely done for the season, unless they make snow on Pipe Dream this week. They say it's closed today due to conditions.
did you read the report?!? late openings on the east side for re-grooming. btw okemo is doing the same.

closing the SR today for conditions is legit. while fun, it was rather marginal over there on friday and what little snow there was, froze up. you wouldn't wanna ski it. could soften later.

agree they need to make snow on the south ridge and it would be a mistake not to. but SR done for the season? not. even if they don't make snow, we are coming into the snowiest part of the season. and the lift will run again conditions permitting.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

newpylong1 wrote: Feb 11th, '24, 07:12 Let's hope they make some there. If they don't and fire up somewhere else it's clear the inmates are running the asylum. There is still 8 weeks of skiing give or take for that side of the hill.
unfortunately this thaw might have put the kibosh on any expansion hopes. probably some resurfacing will need to be done and of course some base building.
Fluffhead
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Fluffhead »

I cant’t believe the morons at Killington ordered up consecutive 50 degree days (glorious though they were). And positioning the sun for a direct hit on South Ridge; so dumb. If everyone on KZone will rise up and let them know to make it cold and start making snow again, I bet we can make it happen tonight.
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

Fluffhead wrote: Feb 11th, '24, 08:46 I cant’t believe the morons at Killington ordered up consecutive 50 degree days (glorious though they were). And positioning the sun for a direct hit on South Ridge; so dumb. If everyone on KZone will rise up and let them know to make it cold and start making snow again, I bet we can make it happen tonight.
Hey phishface . .take your head out of the Resort's a$$
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Based on what I saw, I gotta believe they have to re-hit some of the popular trails that don't have much base including Lower Skyeburst and parts of Great Northern. Others as well.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

skiadikt wrote: Feb 11th, '24, 08:17
snoloco wrote: Feb 11th, '24, 06:49 South Ridge is likely done for the season, unless they make snow on Pipe Dream this week. They say it's closed today due to conditions.
did you read the report?!? late openings on the east side for re-grooming. btw okemo is doing the same.

closing the SR today for conditions is legit. while fun, it was rather marginal over there on friday and what little snow there was, froze up. you wouldn't wanna ski it. could soften later.

agree they need to make snow on the south ridge and it would be a mistake not to. but SR done for the season? not. even if they don't make snow, we are coming into the snowiest part of the season. and the lift will run again conditions permitting.
Not sure what to beliefve. I DO believe the report re: SR Quad closed today. Butt not sure if I believe the App showing Lower Pipe Dream, Breakaway, Roundabout, and Roundabout Glades Open. ??
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

Captain Hafski wrote: Feb 11th, '24, 09:19 Based on what I saw, I gotta believe they have to re-hit some of the popular trails that don't have much base including Lower Skyeburst and parts of Great Northern. Others as well.
Are they really that thin? I didn't notice any significant change in base on the snowmaking trails at Ragged at all this weekend. I would say unless they're down to dirt I would not expect a large scale resurfacing effort. I know Lower GE switchbacks needed it even before this warm up though...
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

I don't think they care much about lower skyeship. As long as they get thru February they don't really need the parking. Is the food and bar open down there yet? Right now it's just a parking lot.
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

They close Stage I because the snow down there melts, not demand. They not only need to get through February but most of March. It has become a critical entry point. Yes the Rollin' Rooster has been open inside with F&B since last weekend. It was excellent on Saturday when I had lunch.
Last edited by newpylong1 on Feb 11th, '24, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.