Expansion

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

wgo
Beginner On Rentals

Re: Expansion

Post by wgo »

Looks like they tweaked the report slightly:

"Our snowmaking team has guns firing on Upper Great Northern, Lower Great Eastern and Cruise Control. We will have a few isolated guns running in strategic sections of trail on Lower Skyeburst, Learn to Ski, Snowshed Slope, Mouse Trap and more. Our plan is to move back to the Superstar area and Outer Limits this weekend"
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

ozzy wrote: Feb 14th, '24, 18:05
newpylong1 wrote: Feb 14th, '24, 08:59 The snowmaking capital certainly isn't Pico even with double the pumping capacity for this year... I was there this past weekend and the only summit trail they hit was 49er. Can't remember the last time Upper KA, S71 and Pike weren't covered. I don't get it...
They made snow on upper KA this season as well as, like you stated, 49er.
Sunset 71 (and upper GK) haven't seen snowmaking in many seasons.
Upper pike hasn't seen any snowmaking yet, BUT with 8 weekends left, how much snow are they going to make?
I'd think they'd want to get the park on prospector going before upper pike?
Thank you I stand corrected on Upper KA.

As for Upper Pike, all hope is not lost:

"Looking ahead, we plan on making snow on Upper Pike and Mid Pike this weekend. There is more snow on the way and we are open 7 days next week, so we hope your appetite to shred is growing."
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

newpylong1 wrote: Feb 15th, '24, 11:57
ozzy wrote: Feb 14th, '24, 18:05
newpylong1 wrote: Feb 14th, '24, 08:59 The snowmaking capital certainly isn't Pico even with double the pumping capacity for this year... I was there this past weekend and the only summit trail they hit was 49er. Can't remember the last time Upper KA, S71 and Pike weren't covered. I don't get it...
They made snow on upper KA this season as well as, like you stated, 49er.
Sunset 71 (and upper GK) haven't seen snowmaking in many seasons.
Upper pike hasn't seen any snowmaking yet, BUT with 8 weekends left, how much snow are they going to make?
I'd think they'd want to get the park on prospector going before upper pike?
Thank you I stand corrected on Upper KA.

As for Upper Pike, all hope is not lost:

"Looking ahead, we plan on making snow on Upper Pike and Mid Pike this weekend. There is more snow on the way and we are open 7 days next week, so we hope your appetite to shred is growing."
yeah had heard that upper pike was one of the trails under consideration. glad to hear they're doing at least that. pike is a showcase trail there. hope springs eternal but not surprisingly the others have apparently fallen by the wayside. bummer about wildfire, pipedream and fiddle. unfortunately it's been a terrible season weatherwise with a number of major resurfacings necessary. they're over budget. happy to see what i'm guessing is a final push (though hopefully not on supe).
spoiled South American skiin' whore
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

Yeah I guess they aren't the only ones to skip some on the regular menu this year. Off the top of my head for the River:

-Quantum Leap
-Eureka <--this one has been a few years
-Blackhole
-3D
-Southpaw
-Shockwave (started but didn't finish)

Okemo didn't do their double blacks at all.
Mount Snow no Ripcord.

Plenty more all over.
Last edited by newpylong1 on Feb 15th, '24, 17:07, edited 1 time in total.
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

It took them a while, but Stratton got to everything except Lift Line.
Grmmtnhkr34
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Grmmtnhkr34 »

newpylong1 wrote: Feb 15th, '24, 17:01 Yeah I guess they aren't the only ones to skip some on the regular menu this year. Off the top of my head for the River:

-Quantum Leap
-Eureka <--this one has been a few years
-Blackhole
-3D
-Southpaw
-Shockwave (started but didn't finish)

Okemo didn't do their double blacks at all.
Mount Snow no Ripcord.

Plenty more all over.
There's only 3 double blacks with snowmaking at okemo. Big Bang is better without snowmaking anyway.
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

3 more than 0, which was my point. Especially considering their blacks are like Needles Eye, K didn't do too bad in the end.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Loon must be close to 100% of their snowmaking terrain open . Ripsaw has been open for awhile and Angle Street is now open. Skied them today.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

OL was winched last night ahead of the storm (about 2” so far) and the pending snowmaking.