$16+ for a beer?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Re: $16+ for a beer?

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

Bayfive”….. cause staff( yup… me too!)… are required to not park any closer than……Bay Five!….let’s hear if for locals and 100 day peeps.
Bayfive
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Bayfive »

Finn have a wine and go to bed anyone that hangs at the peak knows who I’m talking about , 100 day club members slow your roll tighten up your game , take your slippers out from under the couch at the peak , stop ducking ropes and act like you have been here before , with class and respect for the mountain
SlowChick
Beginner On Rentals

Post by SlowChick »

Bayfive wrote:Finn have a wine and go to bed anyone that hangs at the peak knows who I’m talking about , 100 day club members slow your roll tighten up your game , take your slippers out from under the couch at the peak , stop ducking ropes and act like you have been here before , with class and respect for the mountain
Drink elsewhere if you can’t afford Killington. It’s a resort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Buffalofrique
Green Skidder

Post by Buffalofrique »

Last year a 19 oz. can of Lagunitas was $18 and change, plus tip at UBS Arena (in beautiful downtown Elmont). Luckily, they don't take cash.
And I shall make it felony to drink small beer.
G-smashed
Official KZone Historian

Post by G-smashed »

SlowChick wrote: Nov 21st, '23, 00:48

Your name says it all! K is not a world class resort and it's not Manhattan. BTW I could probably afford to buy you.

Don't Deer Valley Killington!
http://www.myeloma.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ffrf.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.keithrichards.com/
Bayfive
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Bayfive »

Ok 100 day club members , yesterday’s class was on what not to do at the peak , for today’s class we will bring it down to the K 1 , Monday through Thursday if you walk through K 1 around 8:30 , half a hour before lifts open , you will see lots of people in there 60s and 70s walking around in there underwear , not a good look believe me , reason being they don’t want to put on there base layers and ski pants at home and drive to the mountain , why do that when you can get dressed in a public space , then do some personal Grooming , powder your feet that you never clean up after all in a place where people will be eating there lunch in a couple hours, then go duck some ropes because hey I’m not hurting anyone else and call it a day
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

The everyday crowd in Bay one boot up at the car like real skiers do. Lodge underwear prancers have been around for decades. Another reason to stay clear of the lodge. Judging the behavior of the customer base is one way to pass the hours of your workday.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Bayfive wrote: Nov 21st, '23, 20:35 Ok 100 day club members , yesterday’s class was on what not to do at the peak , for today’s class we will bring it down to the K 1 , Monday through Thursday if you walk through K 1 around 8:30 , half a hour before lifts open , you will see lots of people in there 60s and 70s walking around in there underwear , not a good look believe me , reason being they don’t want to put on there base layers and ski pants at home and drive to the mountain , why do that when you can get dressed in a public space , then do some personal Grooming , powder your feet that you never clean up after all in a place where people will be eating there lunch in a couple hours, then go duck some ropes because hey I’m not hurting anyone else and call it a day
Do you understand Venn diagrams? You clearly don’t.
There’s the set of people that read Kzone.
There’s a smaller subset that post on Kzone. This subset is fully contained in the first set.
Then there is a third set of people, members of the 100 day club. Some also read and/or post on Kzone, some don’t. The “and” function can be used to find the intersection of these sets. I suspect It’s smaller than you believe.
Now there’s this fourth set you’ve introduced, the set of unhygienic males wandering around K1 in their tighty whities at 7:30 in the morning. Now, I can offer no proof, but I suspect the intersection of that group with the group of Kzone denizens you find here is an empty or null set. You’re words are wasted here.

The point is, Killington was not built as a playground for the rich, but rather to bring skiing (and now riding) to the masses. Kzone doesn’t represent all Killington skiers, and isn’t even a reliable cross section. Your attempts to categorize people are deeply flawed and a bit offensive.

However, your point raises other questions, like, why don’t you call security on these individuals? Isn’t it your job to establish boundaries and prevent this sort of behavior? It speaks to deficiencies in your own job performance. Grow a backbone and put a stop to it, rather than anonymously complaining by on a forum.
Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

This is no way to treat the help…..
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

Bayfive wrote:Finn have a wine and go to bed anyone that hangs at the peak knows who I’m talking about , 100 day club members slow your roll tighten up your game , take your slippers out from under the couch at the peak , stop ducking ropes and act like you have been here before , with class and respect for the mountain

You are missing the point. Most of us can afford to pay $16 for a beer (if that is indeed the cost - not sure if it has actually been confirmed), but most of us will choose not to on a regular basis.

I still will likely have an apres ski beer at one of the lodges a couple of times this winter. But will do so much less often than if the price of a beer was somewhat more reasonable.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Low Rider wrote: Nov 22nd, '23, 13:18

You are missing the point. Most of us can afford to pay $16 for a beer (if that is indeed the cost - not sure if it has actually been confirmed), but most of us will choose not to on a regular basis.

I still will likely have an apres ski beer at one of the lodges a couple of times this winter. But will do so much less often than if the price of a beer was somewhat more reasonable.
Don't feed those two trolls! Highway star was much better than them.
G-smashed
Official KZone Historian

Post by G-smashed »

Don't forget the greatest troll of all. Bring back da diss!

Don't Deer Valley Killington!
http://www.myeloma.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ffrf.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.keithrichards.com/
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

I don't spend much time at all in the lodges. Butt, I am looking forward to splurging this weekend and buying a beer or two during the race festivities.

Of course, I'll be looking for a "call a friend" with the 50% discount.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

I can afford it. Don’t appreciate being treated by my local as a rube or a chump. And I’m not blaming the bartenders.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Crippity wrote: Nov 18th, '23, 13:41 im 99 percent certain it was 13 for the fiddlehead up top the other day. still insane but just wanted to post that out
This might answer the great beer price controversy. This is the menu at Prestons, wouldn't be too great a leap to think it's the same price at K1. Micro draft $13, micro pint can, $16.75.

Beer prices.jpg
Beer prices.jpg (91.42 KiB) Viewed 6298 times