$16+ for a beer?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

RustyK
Whipping Post

Re: $16+ for a beer?

Post by RustyK »

Bud lite is a deal here for 11.25

It’s 17.20 at the local concert venue near me.

I guess concert pricing has reached the K
Where is Happy Hour ?
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Not sure if it carries over to the lodge, but I can confirm a fiddlehead is $16.75 at the outside stand.

If those prices hold, this could be the last beer I buy this year.

That’s just crazy.
Don't Killington Pico
GlenPLake
Green Skidder

Post by GlenPLake »

They are still happy with you only having one beer. That is perfect for them, they make ~$15 dollars, less labor, less materials and less liabilities with you only having one and them not being the one serving you until you were intoxicated. It used to take 3 or 4 beers for them to make that money, and that was a liability, now they do it with one cashless exchange, and the money is straight in their bank accounts.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

GlenPLake wrote: Nov 24th, '23, 18:06 They are still happy with you only having one beer. That is perfect for them, they make ~$15 dollars, less labor, less materials and less liabilities with you only having one and them not being the one serving you until you were intoxicated. It used to take 3 or 4 beers for them to make that money, and that was a liability, now they do it with one cashless exchange, and the money is straight in their bank accounts.
And that’s fine. I went into this evening knowing I was having one beer - and part of my motivation was to confirm what pricing actually was. I was hoping it would be the $13 reported elsewhere in this thread.

At $16.75, I won’t be buying many, if any others this season.
Don't Killington Pico
Crippity
Green Skidder

Post by Crippity »

Wow thats crazy. i thought it would be standardized across resort since they have certain contracts. i was told they cant sell pbr becusue of their annheiser bush contract. just checked credit card recedipt. it was 13 at peak on nov 15. this is crazy
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Crippity wrote: Nov 25th, '23, 17:08 Wow thats crazy. i thought it would be standardized across resort since they have certain contracts. i was told they cant sell pbr becusue of their annheiser bush contract. just checked credit card recedipt. it was 13 at peak on nov 15. this is crazy
Maybe they bumped prices for World Cup? Or maybe the difference is draft at a bar vs can at a “pop up” beer stand / tent? Not sure?

Either way $16.75 is nuts… $13 is certainly more palatable (although still pricey)
Don't Killington Pico
fdskier56
Blue Chatterbox

Post by fdskier56 »

Craft beer can in tent next to stage Friday night at bib party was $13 and change
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

fdskier56 wrote: Nov 25th, '23, 19:03 Craft beer can in tent next to stage Friday night at bib party was $13 and change
What craft did you order? Fiddlehead was $16.75
Don't Killington Pico
fdskier56
Blue Chatterbox

Post by fdskier56 »

fdskier56 wrote: Nov 25th, '23, 19:03 Craft beer can in tent next to stage Friday night at bib party was $13 and change
Might have been tall boy can of long trail …
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

fdskier56 wrote: Nov 25th, '23, 19:55
Might have been tall boy can of long trail …
Zackly!
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Bayfive
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Bayfive »

A record number of fiddle head sold this weekend maybe leave setting the prices to the number crunchers out west and not the curmudgeon‘s booting up in bay one
SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by SPORE »

Bayfive wrote: Nov 27th, '23, 09:37 A record number of fiddle head sold this weekend maybe leave setting the prices to the number crunchers out west and not the curmudgeon‘s booting up in bay one
You don't say - you had a captive audience of 10,000 people in an controlled space and they sold a record number of beer?!?

See how it evens out when people can throw a few beers in their coat and sit on deck at K1 or don't have to pay $90 to park in the K1 lot and can tailgate.
Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

SPORE wrote: Nov 27th, '23, 10:46
Bayfive wrote: Nov 27th, '23, 09:37 A record number of fiddle head sold this weekend maybe leave setting the prices to the number crunchers out west and not the curmudgeon‘s booting up in bay one
You don't say - you had a captive audience of 10,000 people in an controlled space and they sold a record number of beer?!?

See how it evens out when people can throw a few beers in their coat and sit on deck at K1 or don't have to pay $90 to park in the K1 lot and can tailgate.
Gayfive sees Jack sh*t. Don’t feed this wacko troll…. Not a staffer….
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

$11 for a Fiddle at Okemo on opening day.

$9.75 for a Fiddle at Jiminy (Christianson's) on opening day. Nothing on the menu was particularly cheap, but $10 now feels like a steal compared to $16.75.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Southside_Bobby wrote: Nov 27th, '23, 11:58 $11 for a Fiddle at Okemo on opening day.

$9.75 for a Fiddle at Jiminy (Christianson's) on opening day. Nothing on the menu was particularly cheap, but $10 now feels like a steal compared to $16.75.
Something is wrong when bar prices are cheaper at Okemo than Killington, but we have always known that powdr wants to get rid of the clientele they inherited with K and replace it with the clientele that frequents Okemo.