thursday 11/23 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

thursday 11/23 report

Post by skiadikt »

happy thanksgiving!!! what a diff a day makes. yesterdays hero snow turned into this morning's hard pack & chunkey monkey. at least we could see what we were skiing as a hazy sun struggled to break through the clouds. some light flurrage as well.

certainly conditions today weren't a surprise. at the bell the upper GN drop was a sea of death brownies. eventually they got skied down a bit. rime a mixed bag was decent enough. reason sucked. the groomed flat, fast & firm UEF was my fave up there. the GN flats were fine. lower bunny was softening when i left. who knows maybe w some sun & warmer temps could turn out to be an ok day but by 10, was happy to leave to ski another day.

the "invasion" is in full swing. they'd get off at the peak and wouldn't have a clue. shipwrecks all over the place. they belong on the ramshead carpet.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
RustyK
Whipping Post

Re: thursday 11/23 report

Post by RustyK »

Out around 9:30 for a couple of hours. I thought that conditions were better than expected except for great northern near the tunnel and chute which were what I expected. Firm and no snow.

Stay on take piste as it was coral reef if you ventured.

Upper east fall groomed and the bump line was gone.

Lots of entertainment herbs everywhere. Prolly the high point of the day.

Happy Thanksgiving!
IMG_0379.jpeg
IMG_0379.jpeg (828.51 KiB) Viewed 984 times
Where is Happy Hour ?
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

Looks like they are resurfacing Rime while it's warm down low. Wonder if they'll hit up DDHW or Dip too.
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

Laps at Stratton this morning. Windy AF. CLoudy up high with sun down low.

Gondi running half speed. Ursa chair running full speed but too chilly to lap. Polar Bear had the best surface, generously scattered frozen granular on boilerplate. North American skied well early but got scaped. Light crowd.

Saw 2 occupied sleds going down. Not a good way to spend T-Day.Image

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Midwest Skier
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Midwest Skier »

If you thought there were shipwrecks by 10, Middle Chute at noon was the Bermuda Triangle. Time to watch my Lions lose, as is tradition, and then eat some turkey. Happy Thanksgiving all!
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

newpylong1 wrote: Nov 23rd, '23, 13:47 Looks like they are resurfacing Rime while it's warm down low. Wonder if they'll hit up DDHW or Dip too.
that is surprising for them to fire up before the close. maybe now they'll get serious w expansion. with WC snowmaking complete and no longer an "excuse", it'll be interesting to see how they proceed.

temps will remain marginal through the nite until daybreak tomorrow when they plummet throughout the day. absolutely right. hopefully in addition to rime, they can hit dip, dd and fis. then tomorrow hit upper snowdon and finish lower chute & mouse trap. mouse trap is close and lower chute does have some whales on it so they shouldn't need much. perhaps ttb on snowdon for sunday.
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

Not sure on DDHW or FIS but Upper Dip is online as well. I was told they'll be moving to Caper soonish too. Mouse Trap should be a go for tomorrow.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

newpylong1 wrote: Nov 23rd, '23, 16:32 Not sure on DDHW or FIS but Upper Dip is online as well. I was told they'll be moving to Caper soonish too. Mouse Trap should be a go for tomorrow.
yup confirmed in the report. upper dip shouldn't be far behind. shouldn't take more than a day. not skiing this weekend but maybe saturday.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Mid Day Stratton Report: Thought I was gonna get a second good day in a row there but it never warmed up and the Stratton version of the "K" cloud was there all day protecting the firm surface from the sun [except for the lower mountain].

So - Cloudy with frozen conditions with some Chunky Monkey thrown in now and then. Was three and done.

The "invasion" is down there as well. Several scared peeps trying to get down from the top with only icy "expert" runs down. Good to see some of them had the Turtle protectors on !

Stopped by and looked at K on my way home; From the parking lot I could see the carnage on Middle Chute.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Tomorrow's gonna be a real sh*t show !

Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

I know I am jumping the gun a bit, but K already claiming Mouse Trap will be ROTD tomorrow.

We don't even need to go out and report on it !

Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Captain Hafski wrote: Nov 23rd, '23, 20:15 I know I am jumping the gun a bit, but K already claiming Mouse Trap will be ROTD tomorrow.

And, you can lap it off the K1 gondola.

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Captain Hafski wrote: Nov 23rd, '23, 20:15 I know I am jumping the gun a bit, but K already claiming Mouse Trap will be ROTD tomorrow.

don't think i've had an rotd yet this season :lol: