Poaching

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

boston_e
Postaholic

Re: Poaching

Post by boston_e »

easyrider16 wrote: Dec 13th, '23, 12:00
asher2789 wrote: Dec 13th, '23, 10:49 YOU CANNOT HAVE WORKERS WITHOUT HAVING AFFORDABLE HOUSING WITHIN A REASONABLE COMMUTING DISTANCE.
You have yet to establish that workers can't afford housing within a reasonable commuting distance of Killington. Last time I checked, the place was fully staffed and still operating.
asher2789 wrote: Dec 13th, '23, 10:49 and for the record, i dont live in killington. i spent one season living there (rent in 2015: $600 a month all included for a room in a two bedroom, that same apartment is on airbnb for $600 a night + $400 cleaning fee of which the cleaners make $40), and then found somewhere else better to live. and the rents in rutland are not remotely what they used to be, i have a friend who just went through a bad breakup and is looking for a new spot and the rents for what youre getting are completely f*** outrageous.

"find somewhere else to live" ok where? where in the US is there affordable housing? every single f*** state is going through this crisis but yes keep gaslighting us. i forgot, vermont is a state thats only for wealthy vacationers, everyone else should f*** off and be grateful for the wealthy letting their money trickle down to us entitled poors who live in a wealthy vacationer state :roll:
Your problem is the same problem we all have. Lack of affordable housing is not unique to Killington or Vermont. You're conflating issues and blaming wealthy vacationers for a problem they didn't create and are not responsible for. Those same wealthy vacationers basically make your current life possible, so you should probably consider that when formulating your opinions.
I admit i don't know - what does a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment go for in Rutland?
Don't Killington Pico
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

boston_e wrote: Dec 13th, '23, 15:13
asher2789 wrote: Dec 13th, '23, 10:49 YOU CANNOT HAVE WORKERS WITHOUT HAVING AFFORDABLE HOUSING WITHIN A REASONABLE COMMUTING DISTANCE.
You have yet to establish that workers can't afford housing within a reasonable commuting distance of Killington. Last time I checked, the place was fully staffed and still operating.
asher2789 wrote: Dec 13th, '23, 10:49 and for the record, i dont live in killington. i spent one season living there (rent in 2015: $600 a month all included for a room in a two bedroom, that same apartment is on airbnb for $600 a night + $400 cleaning fee of which the cleaners make $40), and then found somewhere else better to live. and the rents in rutland are not remotely what they used to be, i have a friend who just went through a bad breakup and is looking for a new spot and the rents for what youre getting are completely f*** outrageous.

"find somewhere else to live" ok where? where in the US is there affordable housing? every single f*** state is going through this crisis but yes keep gaslighting us. i forgot, vermont is a state thats only for wealthy vacationers, everyone else should f*** off and be grateful for the wealthy letting their money trickle down to us entitled poors who live in a wealthy vacationer state :roll:
Your problem is the same problem we all have. Lack of affordable housing is not unique to Killington or Vermont. You're conflating issues and blaming wealthy vacationers for a problem they didn't create and are not responsible for. Those same wealthy vacationers basically make your current life possible, so you should probably consider that when formulating your opinions.
https://vermont.craigslist.org/search/a ... allery~0~0
ImageImageImageImage
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Stormchaser wrote: Dec 13th, '23, 15:27
boston_e wrote: Dec 13th, '23, 15:13

https://vermont.craigslist.org/search/a ... allery~0~0
OK so at a glance (and I admit i have not been apartment hunting) but 2 Bedrooms can be found in the $1200 - $1500 range in Rutland - that does not seem particularly outrageous.
Don't Killington Pico
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Seems to be a whole bunch of affordable apartments in Rutland. Not quite sure what Asher is crying about but that is nothing new. Is she saying that Rutland isn't an acceptable commute?
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

daytripper wrote: Dec 13th, '23, 17:28 Seems to be a whole bunch of affordable apartments in Rutland. Not quite sure what Asher is crying about but that is nothing new. Is she saying that Rutland isn't an acceptable commute?
Bless her heart. The poor thing is worrying about a 20-minute commute from a town with everything you need.
Meanwhile, Killington has no grocery store, CVS, or Walgreens. There is no High School, no post office, no hospital, and no movie theatre....it does have a few high-priced markets with limited selections consistent with a tourist destination.
Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

Pedro wrote: Dec 13th, '23, 19:31
daytripper wrote: Dec 13th, '23, 17:28 Seems to be a whole bunch of affordable apartments in Rutland. Not quite sure what Asher is crying about but that is nothing new. Is she saying that Rutland isn't an acceptable commute?
Bless her heart. The poor thing is worrying about a 20-minute commute from a town with everything you need.
Meanwhile, Killington has no grocery store, CVS, or Walgreens. There is no High School, no post office, no hospital, and no movie theatre....it does have a few high-priced markets with limited selections consistent with a tourist destination.
While you’re respectfully half correct….. you HaVE given her fodder for her profit driven , capitalist greedy mongers that torture her very soul. Bless your heart….
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

And on top of it there is public transportation that drops you off right at your job!
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

We are not a cultural backwater. We have a post office.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Bubba wrote: Dec 13th, '23, 21:14
We are not a cultural backwater. We have a post office.
I am guessing Asher doesn't buy a lot of stamps.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Ski_the_Moguls wrote: Dec 12th, '23, 16:19
asher2789 wrote: Dec 12th, '23, 09:37 the person with the highest ongoing bar tab in probably the history of killington was asked to not come back a few years ago due to their drunken misbehavior and harassment of management. pretty impressive if you ask me...

I always wondered what ever happened to Humpty.
Last active on the boards March 10, 2022.

Last post: viewtopic.php?p=674724#p674724
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Bubba wrote: Dec 13th, '23, 21:14 We are not a cultural backwater. We have a post office.
And a liquor store, a grocery store, and several, um, meat markets.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

rogman wrote: Dec 14th, '23, 06:22
Bubba wrote: Dec 13th, '23, 21:14 We are not a cultural backwater. We have a post office.
And a liquor store, a grocery store, and several, um, meat markets.
Calling any of those markets a grocery store is a bit generous.
Eddytheyetti
Green Skidder

Poaching

Post by Eddytheyetti »

If you’re complaining about rent prices in Killington, you aren’t prepared to shop at the Killington Markup. Stupid shortterm renters are buying up all the food in Killington each weekend and driving the prices up there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Eddytheyetti on Dec 14th, '23, 09:28, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

And the Topic of this thread is ???
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Captain Hafski wrote: Dec 14th, '23, 10:01 And the Topic of this thread is ???
Thread successfully poached!
ImageImageImageImage