Poaching

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bayfive
Blue Chatterbox

Re: Poaching

Post by Bayfive »

Rogman , people have had enough of you elitist A holes that think you own the mountain , acting like slobs in the lodges , ducking ropes because you don’t think rules apply to you , oh we’re the cool kids that park in bay one , you guys are a joke and a embarrassment tighten up your game folks you look like tools to the rest of us
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

List of locals that we know sitting on the sidelines for two weeks is growing. Perfect snow for poaching but a steep price to pay.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
Eddytheyetti
Green Skidder

Post by Eddytheyetti »

Can anybody confirm first hand. Was it a two week suspension, pass is gone for the year, or life time ban?

Locals? College bros? Off duty patrollers? Who makes up this group of 60? Or did the mountain make an anonymous on Facebook to get everybody online?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

In past years, it was a two week suspension for first offense… based on my experience.

What really sucks is skiing an off-map line with tremendous coverage and getting your pass pulled for two weeks… Only to subsequently have patrol open said line a few days later. I’m talking about K1 gondola line.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Bayfive wrote: Dec 2nd, '23, 20:45 Rogman , people have had enough of you elitist A holes that think you own the mountain , acting like slobs in the lodges , ducking ropes because you don’t think rules apply to you , oh we’re the cool kids that park in bay one , you guys are a joke and a embarrassment tighten up your game folks you look like tools to the rest of us
I know a lot of people on this board, but by no means everyone. What’s clear is that it’s a broad cross section of people, all different. Therefore, to liken KZone to an elitist cabal of lawless litterbugs that sneer at the rules is actually amusing. Or is it the hundred day club members? I’ve lost track. Either way, if you find everyone is a jerk, perhaps the problem is you. Your consistent labeling of large groups of people you don’t know as an “embarrassment” isn’t in and of itself racist, misogynistic, sexist, or classist, but it parallels the thinking of those that are. At minimum, you should be more cautious on a public forum, lest you get labeled yourself.
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

spanky wrote: Dec 2nd, '23, 23:42

What really sucks is skiing an off-map line with tremendous coverage and getting your pass pulled for two weeks… Only to subsequently have patrol open said line a few days later. I’m talking about K1 gondola line.
I'm with Spanky - if Patrol opens a trail 3 days later - or 3 hours later - with no subsequent snowfall - did you really poach it????????????

I get why K doesn't want Herbs and people that don't know the hill on closed trails - but they have to give a little slack on snowfall days.

It's not like anyone is going to die in an Avalanche or fall off a 100 foot cliff.

Only thing you have to be careful of is the headwalls and the stumps in Cathedral :beat :beat :beat :beat :beat :beat :beat :beat :beat
Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

Gayfive…. Did you always play the skool marm in high skool plays?
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Saw a guy that I've seen before, Wednesday afternoon, telling me he just had pass pulled for poaching Double Dipper. There was an employee [ski patrol?] on a snowmobile that nabbed him.

2-week loss of skiing privelege.

What I wonder about is there any difference in whether you have a K pass or an Ikon pass? Gotta believe the penalty should be the same.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Captain Hafski wrote: Dec 3rd, '23, 11:37 Saw a guy that I've seen before, Wednesday afternoon, telling me he just had pass pulled for poaching Double Dipper. There was an employee [ski patrol?] on a snowmobile that nabbed him.

What I wonder about is there any difference in whether you have a K pass or an Ikon pass? Gotta believe the penalty should be the same.
I would assume an ikon skier would just loose their K/pico privilege's and not their ikon privilege's.
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

hillbangin wrote: Dec 3rd, '23, 10:46
spanky wrote: Dec 2nd, '23, 23:42

I'm with Spanky - if Patrol opens a trail 3 days later - or 3 hours later - with no subsequent snowfall - did you really poach it????????????

I get why K doesn't want Herbs and people that don't know the hill on closed trails - but they have to give a little slack on snowfall days.

It's not like anyone is going to die in an Avalanche or fall off a 100 foot cliff.

Only thing you have to be careful of is the headwalls and the stumps in Cathedral :beat :beat :beat :beat :beat :beat :beat :beat :beat
While there is some logic to this argument, the other side is that until ski patrol has had a chance to check the trail there could be hazards there that need marking to make the trail safe. And I totally understand the crackdown from the resort's perspective. If they look the other way and someone gets hurt and sues, they would have issues with their liability insurance.
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Captain Hafski wrote: Dec 3rd, '23, 11:37 Saw a guy that I've seen before, Wednesday afternoon, telling me he just had pass pulled for poaching Double Dipper. There was an employee [ski patrol?] on a snowmobile that nabbed him.

The Dipper Poach is fraught with peril. NOT a great poach - plus it's full viz from the bottom of Crashcade.

Waterbars are way too big now - needs a bulldoze. Too much rock on the dropoff at the Downdraft intersection if it's a windy storm.

There is a way to do it - but there are way better ways down on a powder day.

If they made Dipper the early season way out I'd much prefer that to LEF...LEF would be a great natural trail.
fdskier56
Blue Chatterbox

Post by fdskier56 »

So ski patrol pulled passes midweek…

But ZERO speed/reckless skiing enforcement yesterday- Saturday?

In the fog, crowded trails, tons of crazy skiers who can’t turn or stop… most were racing down to north ridge quad from the Park..
Other crazies were on great northern … big bottle neck under the triple and no enforcement…
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

The same rules apply midweek as they do on weekends. Ducking a rope is very much cut and dry. You either did it or you didn't.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

I'm in total agreememnt with FD56, but how do you define reckless, et al - going under a rope is definitive🤷‍♀️
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

The whole notion of runs being "reserved" only for folks who think they are good skiers or that only herbs should get their passes pulled is something that I cant get behind. Things are pretty cut and dry, if you take the risk and get caught any patroller that lets you off the hook is a cool customer, but that should not be the expectation. If folks are that hard up to shred the gnar perhaps grab some skins and go off resort.