Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Benny Profane
Beginner On Rentals

Re: Is Killington insolvent?

Post by Benny Profane »

KingsFourMan wrote: Dec 6th, '23, 14:03
Bubba wrote: Dec 6th, '23, 12:25
Benny Profane wrote: Dec 6th, '23, 10:32 This is a company that spends a million dollars a year to host the wealthy world cup. But I'll bet all the 16 dollar beers will cover that.

Never forget that this corporation lost Park City to Vail Inc due to a whoopsie clerical error. Now they're planning a "village" that nobody wants but them.
Unless Powdr wanted to spend millions to buy out SP Land, the land for the village is neither owned nor controlled by the resort or its parent.
And I wouldn't say that nobody wants the village but them:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/russellfla ... 076acb4119

Maybe nobody on Kzone wants it but based on the new normal as far as work from home options go, and on the current status of the real estate market in Killington and the rest of VT, it would appear that sales of the new units in the village will be very strong barring any kind of economic disaster between now and when they actually get them on the market
Well, they're actually confident enough to turn a flat ice hill like Windham into a six figure private club, and that place already has Vail worthy MacMansions slope side, so, yeah, what do I know. Somebody should warn them that the Airbnb market at Breck and some other western resorts is crashing, but no doubt the salespeople will use short term rentals with management as a prime pitch. It will generally suck for the long term Killington skier, but they're dying off anyway.
It will look like a giant inflated Stratton village, with 25 dollar beers and Bogner. Sad.
Zed's dead, baby, Zed's dead.
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

Another sneaky budget cut: Fridays in May are no more. They aren't selling tickets for them. Only Saturdays and Sundays. Since midweek passes aren't valid on weekends in May, now those people can't ski after May 5th. Oh wait... they'll gladly sell you a 200 dollar spring pass upgrade so you can.
SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by SPORE »

snoloco wrote: Feb 27th, '24, 09:54 Another sneaky budget cut: Fridays in May are no more. They aren't selling tickets for them. Only Saturdays and Sundays. Since midweek passes aren't valid on weekends in May, now those people can't ski after May 5th. Oh wait... they'll gladly sell you a 200 dollar spring pass upgrade so you can.
Oh joy - now you're reposting the crap posted on the Killington Locals facebook page.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Looking at the website it looks true, they have tickets for sale only on Sat/Sun in May except for memorial Day Monday.
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

SPORE wrote: Feb 27th, '24, 10:05
snoloco wrote: Feb 27th, '24, 09:54 Another sneaky budget cut: Fridays in May are no more. They aren't selling tickets for them. Only Saturdays and Sundays. Since midweek passes aren't valid on weekends in May, now those people can't ski after May 5th. Oh wait... they'll gladly sell you a 200 dollar spring pass upgrade so you can.
Oh joy - now you're reposting the crap posted on the Killington Locals facebook page.
Really. I think we are fully capable of jumping to our own wrong conclusions, without need of help from that group.

Midweek passes have always been good on weekends in May.

The missing Fridays on the website could be an error. We need to see something more definitive than that.

Spring passes are now on sale. Pulling Fridays, without informing potential spring buyers, would be very wrong.

But I doubt they are pulling Fridays.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Southside_Bobby wrote: Feb 27th, '24, 10:56
Really. I think we are fully capable of jumping to our own wrong conclusions, without need of help from that group.

The missing Fridays on the website could be an error. We need to see something more definitive than that.

Spring passes are now on sale. Pulling Fridays, without informing potential spring buyers, would be very wrong.

Just spoke with guest services. They confirmed this is true. No Fridays after May 3rd.
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

daytripper wrote: Feb 27th, '24, 11:12

Just spoke with guest services. They confirmed this is true. No Fridays after May 3rd.
Wow. Just wow.

Even the Killington apologists amongst us are going to have a tough time defending this.
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

For 10 seasons, they had the same schedule. So what changed? And then we must assume that they will continue with these cuts. What's next? No early season weekdays? Not opening at all until Thanksgiving? Since they are willing to make sneaky budget cuts like this after spring passes are on sale, then who's to say that they won't do the same thing after full season passes go on sale.
SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by SPORE »

snoloco wrote: Feb 27th, '24, 11:28 For 10 seasons, they had the same schedule. So what changed? And then we must assume that they will continue with these cuts. What's next? No early season weekdays? Not opening at all until Thanksgiving? Since they are willing to make sneaky budget cuts like this after spring passes are on sale, then who's to say that they won't do the same thing after full season passes go on sale.
Why don't you email Mike and ask the questions instead of ASSuming.
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

snoloco wrote: Feb 27th, '24, 11:28 For 10 seasons, they had the same schedule. So what changed? And then we must assume that they will continue with these cuts. What's next? No early season weekdays? Not opening at all until Thanksgiving? Since they are willing to make sneaky budget cuts like this after spring passes are on sale, then who's to say that they won't do the same thing after full season passes go on sale.
Closer to 15 seasons. The exact same May schedule and pass arrangement. Like clockwork.

How the mighty is falling.

I blame Fast Pass.
2024 - Killington lied.
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

2013 was the first year of the extended season. So it was 2013 through 2023 with the same schedule, except for 2020. 10 seasons with the same schedule and pass arrangement, and now they cut a third of the days out of nowhere.
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

Southside_Bobby wrote: Feb 27th, '24, 11:23
daytripper wrote: Feb 27th, '24, 11:12

Wow. Just wow.

Even the Killington apologists amongst us are going to have a tough time defending this.
Cue skiadikt and the captain . .
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

I don't recall a mention of no Fridays back when I bought my midweek pass...
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

would certainly be EXTREMELY disappointed and pissed if that was the case but apparently it isn't. don't need to "apologize" for this.

while i personally have not received confirmation either way (did speak to someone in guest services and she had heard NOTHING about it), they are selling lift tickets for fridays in may. from the link below scroll through to may:

https://purchase.killington.com/s/lift- ... day-ticket

and here's the operating schedule on the website:

https://www.killington.com/plan-your-tr ... g-schedule

unless the above links are erroneous, we are skiing fridays in may. this whole "rumor" started because initially the website did not list tickets for sale in may (bad on them) and someone posted that on locals. looks like the mtn has updated the website.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

I spoke on the phone with guest services. She was not sure and asked her supervisor who confirmed that there will be no Fridays in May except the 3rd.