(Probably) Friday, Dec 1

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

rogman
Postinator

(Probably) Friday, Dec 1

Post by rogman »

Another day like the previous ones. The sun rose, the sun set, I had lunch. They opened Ramshead so I parked in Vale and skied down. I did not make opening bell. Caper was a nice change of pace for first run. Good snow t2b and through the tunnel. The carpet looks ready to go; but couldn’t get definitive info as to whether it would be open tomorrow, so my mission became find something else a four year old can ski. I do better when I have a task.

Caper to GN is okay but the tops a bit steep. Kids a lunatic, he’d be fine, but you know parents. Bubble to Killink to GN through the tunnel to Caper seemed promising, but crowds. You know. Anyway so how about frolic?? Holy sh*t: top was a luge run. I pealed myself off a metaphorical tree and continued. Dad would have to carry him there. Pay Dirt!! Not for four, me. Vagabond was open! Mostly untracked! Poor choice for four, but an excellent side quest. I clocked out of my mission and did it. Snow was a bit heavy, and needed good technique to turn. I got down it anyway. Beat, went back up and confirmed Northstar still closed. About 11AM. I skied a few nats, still good, but getting bonier. Peak. Coffee. Beer? In this economy? One more of the bub, finally Northstar open. It was worth the wait. Best of the day.

Currently r*ining this evening. The ungroomed naturals may be done tomorrow. It is what it is. Still hoping for Highline on thin cover. And the carpet!
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Re: (Probably) Friday, Dec 1

Post by Atomic1 »

Out at 9 , first car in Vale Lot , to the bubble , first 2 runs down Bunny skied like Bunny ! Then saw North Star was open . Did it 4 times ! My run of the day ! Skied everything open and was pleasantly surprised until around 2:30 the lower elevation started getting heavy.. wore me out , left at 3.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Snow-forecast has a foot of cement base building stuff in the forecast for all day Sunday!
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

we've been picking our spots alternating k and okemo - skiing a couple pow days at k earlier in the week. w fridays at k being the new saturday, off to okemo we went.

in terms of snowmaking they are blowing k away. while k was opening caper and lower GN this week, okemo opened a snowdon-like pod w 3 ttb trails and that's in addition to the 3 ttb trails off their bubble 6 dropping nearing 1700 vert ft. lots of uninterrupted hi-speed skiing on empty trails. so empty in fact, that late morning when one in our krewe needed to whiz, he pulled off to the side. said no one came down and he could have done it in the middle of the trail :lol: .

the trails themselves are generic. in terms of pitch i'll say skye lark (not lower) or needles but much longer. lots of fun just letting them rip. no nats open (if they even have any). interestingly there were a number of trails that looked very poachable and not a single track.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon K Report: Not too bad with generally softening conditions. So, the stuff that's been icy in the recent past was decent at least. Nats are still holding up OK but not sure how they'll be Saturday after the several hours of reign we got last night [Friday].

ROTD: North Star. If nothing else, one of my faves at K so gotta give it the nod.

In North Ridge, Ridge Run still holding on; worth a repeat. Rime bumps as good as they've been with the softer conditions. Upper Double Dip also good.

On Snowdon, everything skied good. Some of the best snow was on the newly blown/opened Lower Mouse Run [I think that's what they call it] that heads over to the triple one run below Lower Bunny. Even Lower Chute was decent today.

Rams Head opening !! Caper probably as good as it will be this season.

Very light crowds.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

Stratton was excellent. Lift Line on all natural skied beautifuly. Black Bear perfect groom and was still great for our last run at Noon.Image

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

Re: Lower Mouse yes it's the right turn below Lower Bunny. Used to be au natural until they rerouted GN to use the lower half of it. Nice having another option to get back towards K-1 besides Lower Bunny.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

liv4ski wrote: Dec 2nd, '23, 10:14 Stratton was excellent. Lift Line on all natural skied beautifuly. Black Bear perfect groom and was still great for our last run at Noon.Image

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Yeah - Guessing that's the URSA chair liftline. On the right day, Stratton can be great with that chair and the other two runs [Black and Polar Bear I believe] midweek.

The Snow Bowl chair liftline is also great when open.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!