Whistler’s Horstman Glacier to Open Saturday

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bling Skier
Postinator

Whistler’s Horstman Glacier to Open Saturday

Post by Bling Skier »

Geoff the sound a cat make as it coughs up a hairball.
Geoff
Whipping Post

Re: Whistler’s Horstman Glacier to Open Saturday

Post by Geoff »

It'll be a short season this year. Unlikely they'll make the end of July given how little snow they received this year.
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

Link don't Work
2pink1stink
Slalom Racer

Post by 2pink1stink »

camp of champions is sooo much fun. if i had $2,000 bucks lying around i'd go for a week.
Bling Skier
Postinator

Post by Bling Skier »

Pedro wrote:Link don't Work
your right sorry about the wrong/dead link.
Pedro check thier home page.
Geoff the sound a cat make as it coughs up a hairball.
Ballzout
Bumper

Post by Ballzout »

2pink1stink wrote:camp of champions is sooo much fun. if i had $2,000 bucks lying around i'd go for a week.
Yup. I had a good 'ol time hitting some of their terrain for free. Then going over and hitting all the other camp's sh*t too! Yeah, I was protesting in July '02. The website that year said that only the camps had access to the Horstman Glacier from 9am to noon, and that "the camps end sessions when the glacier is open to the public from noon to 3pm". So I flew my all the way there to ride the friggin' glacier! What did I see up there? Yes most of the camps were finished session, but the general public was (in a whiney voice) "not allowed on our exclusive terrain!!!" I'm like, "sh*t!" So I spend all day (which isn't many runs due to the efficiency of the T-bar) sampling every camps (whiney voice) "exclusive terrain". Sure I get yelled at a couple of times, no biggey. The stuff that was supposedly designated for the general public was like dookie compaired to the camps' hitz!
2021-2022 season total days: 18

Killington, VT: 2
Ski Roundtop, PA: 3..........Ski Whitetail, PA: 5............Ski Liberty, PA: 3
Jack Frost, PA: 0.......... Okemo, VT: 2............Stowe, VT: 3
ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by ozzy »

DRBallzout wrote:
2pink1stink wrote:camp of champions is sooo much fun. if i had $2,000 bucks lying around i'd go for a week.
Yup. I had a good 'ol time hitting some of their terrain for free. Then going over and hitting all the other camp's sh*t too! Yeah, I was protesting in July '02. The website that year said that only the camps had access to the Horstman Glacier from 9am to noon, and that "the camps end sessions when the glacier is open to the public from noon to 3pm". So I flew my all the way there to ride the friggin' glacier! What did I see up there? Yes most of the camps were finished session, but the general public was (in a whiney voice) "not allowed on our exclusive terrain!!!" I'm like, "sh*t!" So I spend all day (which isn't many runs due to the efficiency of the T-bar) sampling every camps (whiney voice) "exclusive terrain". Sure I get yelled at a couple of times, no biggey. The stuff that was supposedly designated for the general public was like dookie compaired to the camps' hitz!

True the public lanes and terain features pale in comparisson to the camps features.
LAst time i was there was in 2002 as well.
even with the reduced amount of snow Whistler recieved this winter, they'll "snow farm" enough around on the glacier to make it to Canada day
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
2pink1stink
Slalom Racer

Post by 2pink1stink »

ozzy wrote:

True the public lanes and terain features pale in comparisson to the camps features.
LAst time i was there was in 2002 as well.
even with the reduced amount of snow Whistler recieved this winter, they'll "snow farm" enough around on the glacier to make it to Canada day
canada day is july 1. most of the camps have sold out sessions through the end of july. intrawest makes too much money on those camps to force them to close early.