friday 12/8 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

friday 12/8 report

Post by skiadikt »

another fine day on the hill. comfortable temps, no wind and later in the session, sunshine won out over the fog. pretty good friday crowd on hand. 9-1 shift.

sorry to have missed out on the festivities yesterday on highline. at the bell only other "tracks" on it, if it were possible to make trax on the rather firm surface, were ski patrol's. same situation on LEF. both groomed flat and hard. neither warranted a repeat.

supe, some marbles developed but skied much better this year than last year. lark skied beautifully. great groom and snow. rotd was old supe>mid o>preston's left. skied in but snow held up well. earned a repeat. didn't quite understand why mid o was roped at launch pad yet the HW was open. hawk also good.

UEF closed for racing. upper dipper liftline always good. bumps on rime skied surprisingly well. rime also good. on new skis so stayed off ridge run & PL, though friends who had skied them yesterday, said they're pretty beat. both GB and flush earned repeats with the snow holding up well on both. vagabond good. deferred on both NS and conclusion - the new ski thing. cascade & DD closed but apparently opened later.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Re: friday 12/8 report

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: Another great day out there. Nice temps and very good viz. Empty.

ROTD: We have a split decision; Royal Flush or Conclusion, take your pick. Take you pick of Upper RF, Full House, or Upper Bunny to get to them as well; all were great.

Once I found these, didn't even head over to Supe side though I am sure it was pretty good.

Found out that the canyon runs were open, even if only for a litte while. From the App, looks like they closed them at day's end? Cascade very good up top [as well as Escapade I heard] and Lower decent but getting rockier at the turn.

For the new "groomers", Highline was crap compared to day before [though skiable, mind you]. LEF was better and actually pretty good on the right side [in the "Rogman" longer hang time zone !].

Fun day on two of my faves.

Bring on the Ikon mess for tomorrow [Saturday].
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!