Rte4 west accident in Bridgewater

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Finn
Postaholic

Rte4 west accident in Bridgewater

Post by Finn »

Hi all,
There is an accident on rte4 west in Bridgewater.
Traffic is stopped and Bridgewater Fire and Rescue responded. I turned around and went down 100a to rte100 west to rte 4.
Go around if you see this.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Re: Rte4 west accident in Bridgewater

Post by Captain Hafski »

Yep - My wife was the main witness for this one. She was heading West and almost home when someone pulled out to pass a line of cars that she was in going 45 mph. He passed two or three cars before her and kept on going though there was a bend in the road coming up. My wife slowed down to give him room to get back in the lane but he kept on passing and hit a Fedex truck head on.

The driver of the Fedex truck did not appear to get injured. She actually jumped out of the truck to assist the other driver who was in bad shape [not dead though]. Took them quite a while to get him out of the car while waiting for help to arrive. Coupla broken legs and pretty bloodied up.

Why someone passing blindly like that makes no sense.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Sounds like a candidate for a Darwin Award.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
G-smashed
Official KZone Historian

Post by G-smashed »

This is not just at K. The whole world is getting dumber and it's showing on the roads, slopes, in your neighborhoods. I think this started with MTV and went downhill from there. Maybe it's just that I'm old.

Don't Deer Valley Killington!
http://www.myeloma.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ffrf.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.keithrichards.com/
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

No, I'm 42 and agree. The Internet has made people both smarter and dumber. To be fair, I don't like people on my lawn though.
Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

G-smashed wrote: Dec 9th, '23, 12:00 This is not just at K. The whole world is getting dumber and it's showing on the roads, slopes, in your neighborhoods. I think this started with MTV and went downhill from there. Maybe it's just that I'm old.
“Maybe”?
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

newpylong1 wrote: Dec 9th, '23, 12:12 No, I'm 42 and agree. The Internet has made people both smarter and dumber. To be fair, I don't like people on my lawn though.
Poachers?
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Captain Hafski wrote: Dec 9th, '23, 09:25 Yep - My wife was the main witness for this one. She was heading West and almost home when someone pulled out to pass a line of cars that she was in going 45 mph. He passed two or three cars before her and kept on going though there was a bend in the road coming up. My wife slowed down to give him room to get back in the lane but he kept on passing and hit a Fedex truck head on.

The driver of the Fedex truck did not appear to get injured. She actually jumped out of the truck to assist the other driver who was in bad shape [not dead though]. Took them quite a while to get him out of the car while waiting for help to arrive. Coupla broken legs and pretty bloodied up.

entitled stupidity is running wild.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

Captain Hafski wrote: Dec 9th, '23, 09:25 Yep - My wife was the main witness for this one. She was heading West and almost home when someone pulled out to pass a line of cars that she was in going 45 mph. He passed two or three cars before her and kept on going though there was a bend in the road coming up. My wife slowed down to give him room to get back in the lane but he kept on passing and hit a Fedex truck head on.

fkn a-hole! good on your wife though. :(
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

G-smashed wrote: Dec 9th, '23, 12:00 This is not just at K. The whole world is getting dumber and it's showing on the roads, slopes, in your neighborhoods. I think this started with MTV and went downhill from there. Maybe it's just that I'm old.
long term effects of undiagnosed brain damage from covid is my best guess
LMR1212
Beginner On Rentals

Post by LMR1212 »

Am I the only one who wants to know the state the car was from? Just curious.
St. Jerry
Powderhound

Post by St. Jerry »

I blame the raps music.
Ron Paul 2012
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

LMR1212 wrote: Dec 9th, '23, 20:20 Am I the only one who wants to know the state the car was from? Just curious.
My wife thought it was a white plate [NH probably, or could be NY] but was so shaken up she really doesn't know for sure.

I forgot to mention that the car caught on fire right after the accident. Someone was able to put it out with a fire extinguisher but it flared up again. Good that the people that stopped to help were able to get the guy out by yanking the windshield out. One of the responders got cut pretty bad doing this and had to leave for medical attention himself.

My wife was on the phone with 9-1-1 wondering if she was about to witness a human barbeque.

Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

From the Valley News: Was a 28-year old Bridgewater man that caused this crash. Facing criminal charges including driving under the influence.

Sad - At least the other driver(s) weren't badly hurt. My wife is still shook up about it. Can't imagine how shook up the FedEx driver that got hit is.

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Captain Hafski wrote: Dec 14th, '23, 10:05 From the Valley News: Was a 28-year old Bridgewater man that caused this crash. Facing criminal charges including driving under the influence.

Sad - At least the other driver(s) weren't badly hurt. My wife is still shook up about it. Can't imagine how shook up the FedEx driver that got hit is.
don't blame her. sounds like a close call. kudos for what she did. 28 and driving under the influence really pisses me off. should be prosecuted to the fullest extent.
spoiled South American skiin' whore