Sunday 12/10

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

RustyK
Whipping Post

Sunday 12/10

Post by RustyK »

Out at 9 to beat the r*in. Sup was soup until half way down. Demo’d some black crows for no reason at all. Could not see the bumps.

Better at the bubble. Found SBF and tricks. Laps on a clear view Highline. Great bear too sticky. .

Also saw Boozetan, KnuckleDragger and Ozzy.

Back to social skiing. r*in started at 11:30, so I bailed.

Pray for snow.
Where is Happy Hour ?
rogman
Postinator

Re: Sunday 12/10

Post by rogman »

On time start at the bubble. Lot of damage. As we arrived at the top, North Star was being roped off, a muddy upper chute having already seen that fate. Eventually it would reopen. Not really sure why.

We stayed at Snowdon, the fog in the Canyon was pea soup, and on our one run off Superstar I could have used a guide dog. That run started down SS headwall then branched over to Skyelark, looking to hit lower Bittersweet. Already roped off. We headed back to greener pastures off the Bubble.

One trip down full house was enough. Grabby snow. Couldn’t decide if I should lean way forward or stay in the back seat. From that, an ungroomed Highline was surprisingly firm. Needed to be skied in.

By the time we left, place was surprisingly busy. K lot full, half of vale, half of Ramshead and half of upper Snowshed. Lots of lessons going on kept the lines at the lifts down.

TL;DR: Nats are toast, the rest seems like it will skate by. Hopefully tonight and tomorrow’s storm (NOAA calling for 17” at the peak) will allow resumption without much interruption.
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

RustyK wrote: Dec 10th, '23, 18:19 Out at 9 to beat the r*in. Sup was soup until half way down. Demo’d some black crows for no reason at all. Could not see the bumps.

Better at the bubble. Found SBF and tricks. Laps on a clear view Highline. Great bear too sticky. .

Pray for snow.
I bought the crows....Pedro Pequeño was asking where Rusty went at the bottom of Highline...
Skid Mark
Green Skidder

Post by Skid Mark »

UEF to LEF ROTD
ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by ozzy »

RustyK wrote: Dec 10th, '23, 18:19 Out at 9 to beat the r*in. Sup was soup until half way down. Demo’d some black crows for no reason at all. Could not see the bumps.

Pray for snow.

Same. Just wife and i today as kids had other things doing. 9:15-11:15 and out. Snow was great. Good seeing you, bud. Winter is finally here.
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Morning Report: Not a whole lot different than already posted [seeing as I was on the same 9:30-11:30 shift as most folks]. Guessing the fog was worse earlier as we enjoyed our "Supe" runs admittingly staying close to the trees for enhanced viz.

ROTD: Upper Royal -> Highline. Highline was excellent.

At Supe, very good snow conditions including the HW. Liked Supe better than Skyelark.

All of Snowdon was pretty good with Highline being the best. LEF OK but boring [and had to watch out for some kamakaze skiers]. Saw some peeps skiing Upper Chute and it actually looked pretty good even with the heavy brown tint. Mouse Trap very good as well.

Got away with it anyway before the NCP started.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

Nothing to add what was already said. Was great to get some turns in at Killington. Skied 8-10:30 as we wanted to beat the r*in and start our journey back to PA. Agree on Highline did it twice. Legs were cooked after my first 3 days on snow. Hopeful my mole hill in PA can open this weekend, but its not looking promising...
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs