Snow report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Scotchvalley
Beginner On Rentals

Snow report

Post by Scotchvalley »

How hard is it to provide an accurate snow report?
My grooming friends spend hours working on the trails to provide excellent skiing conditions.
UEF,LEF, High line, and Mouse Trap were beautifully groomed last night but snow report doesn't reflect that.
Has them only as "open"
ski
Wanted Poster

Re: Snow report

Post by ski »

Scotchvalley wrote: Dec 12th, '23, 13:01 How hard is it to provide an accurate snow report?
My grooming friends spend hours working on the trails to provide excellent skiing conditions.
UEF,LEF, High line, and Mouse Trap were beautifully groomed last night but snow report doesn't reflect that.
Has them only as "open"

Howdy Beast Fan !!
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

FWIW - As far as groomed trails go, they are [or should be ] all shown as 'groomed' on the App.

Personally, I don't want the "written report" to call out every trail they groomed the night before. There's too many.

On a more selfish note, as an afternoon skier, what was freshly groomed in the morning doesn't really matter to me.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Scotchvalley
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Scotchvalley »

Captain Hafski wrote: Dec 12th, '23, 18:44 FWIW - As far as groomed trails go, they are [or should be ] all shown as 'groomed' on the App.

Personally, I don't want the "written report" to call out every trail they groomed the night before. There's too many.

On a more selfish note, as an afternoon skier, what was freshly groomed in the morning doesn't really matter to me.
I agree with you 100%. I guess I was referring to the lift and trail report on the web site. I didn’t realize the app had different and accurate info.

You are not selfish….
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Scotchvalley wrote: Dec 12th, '23, 19:53
Captain Hafski wrote: Dec 12th, '23, 18:44 FWIW - As far as groomed trails go, they are [or should be ] all shown as 'groomed' on the App.

I agree with you 100%. I guess I was referring to the lift and trail report on the web site. I didn’t realize the app had different and accurate info.

You are not selfish….
Thanx !!

With that said, I repeatedly post that a lot of the key info [mostly closed/open status] on the App is piss poor this year. In past years I have mostly given Kudos to K for keeping it accurate most of the time. Not this year though. I hope they fix that soon.

Welcome to the Zone.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!