Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

snowsprite wrote:A fun personality disorder test

and one to test your level of narcissism

*note: all the narcis will take these :P

Here's a more concise version of "what is a Narcissist:"

An all-pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behaviour), need for admiration or adulation and lack of empathy, usually beginning by early adulthood and present in various contexts. Five (or more) of the following criteria must be met:

Feels grandiose and self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents to the point of lying, demands to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
Is obsessed with fantasies of unlimited success, fame, fearsome power or omnipotence, unequalled brilliance (the cerebral narcissist), bodily beauty or sexual performance (the somatic narcissist), or ideal, everlasting, all-conquering love or passion
Firmaly convinced that he or she is unique and, being special, can only be understood by, should only be treated by, or associate with, other special or unique, or high-status people (or institutions)
Requires excessive admiration, adulation, attention and affirmation -or, failing that, wishes to be feared and to be notorious (narcissistic supply).
Feels entitled. Expects unreasonable or special and favourable priority treatment. Demands automatic and full compliance with his or her expectations
Is "interpersonally exploitative", i.e., uses others to achieve his or her own ends
Devoid of empathy. Is unable or unwilling to identify with or acknowledge the feelings and needs of others
Constantly envious of others or believes that they feel the same about him or her
Arrogant, haughty behaviours or attitudes coupled with rage when frustrated, contradicted, or confronted.
holy crap...this is stormchaser to a 'T"... wait, wait...the last one could be andy...or vinny...crap...this is difficult...wait...what about the first one...damn, who was that again listing all their educational/linguist achievements?...and skiing/riding...oh, my...I could go on forever, like how people NEVER fall and stuff, incredible....man... it took shy, selfless, low self-esteem little me months to post a few pics of me riding (absolutely 0 TR's) after hearing of all the magnificent TR's and exploits in here....but I did...and it was a personal accomplishment to say the least...wait, now I'm confused, was there a question in there somewhere?
Last edited by Hal U. Dewin on Jun 13th, '05, 07:33, edited 1 time in total.
shortski
:dis
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

Hal U. Dewin wrote:
Vinny Vincenzo wrote:
andyzee wrote:In that case sorry, I'm giving credit to the wrong person. I thought it was good and hey you're good with that kind of stuff.
Not into the long winded stuff.
lmao...

like you toiled so long on it...then didn't spell insight right in the title...

Vinny's Sunday:

drink 4 cans of bud

think of another alias

grab a picture from 4 billion avatar inventory

take a swizzle from another bud

highlight

click file, click cut

click file, click paste

wipe brow

hit submit

wait for responses
No, that wasn't me. I would have went for something more tres chic like bipolar disorder. But Bud IS my brand. Sorry, can't take credit.
snowsprite
Post Office

Post by snowsprite »

No, I think you post a TR--or at least a "notice of travel" very often when you go somewhere to ride. You also post weather reports to show the weather will be prime for snow sports during the time you are going. There's nothing wrong with the fact that you do so, just pointing out that you do it sometimes.

There have been times when someone has posted a TR and you made comments about how it couldn't have been great due to weather conditions.

When someone posted photos of a friend skiing a bowl out west for the first time and you picked on their skiing technique.

You wouldn't be a bit envious now, would you?
:wink:

I am not sure I understand the bit about how people "never fall and stuff." I'm sure most of us have posted about falls we took. Even pics of the bruises to prove them. Don't think anyone here is purporting to be an olympic hopeful. We all fall down. So what's your point?

Sprite
Hal U. Dewin wrote:it took shy, selfless, low self-esteem little me months to post a few pics of me riding (absolutely 0 TR's) after hearing of all the magnificent TR's and exploits in here....but I did...and it was a personal accomplishment to say the least...wait, now I'm confused, was there a question in there somewhere?
I like wine.
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Schizotypal Personality Disorder
What is Schizotypal Personality Disorder?
Quick Summary:
Many believe that schizotypal personality disorder represents mild schizophrenia. The disorder is characterized by odd forms of thinking and perceiving, and individuals with this disorder often seek isolation from others. They sometimes believe to have extra sensory ability or that unrelated events relate to them in some important way. They generally engage in eccentric behavior and have difficulty concentrating for long periods of time. Their speech is often over elaborate and difficult to follow.
Symptoms of Schizotypal Personality Disorder:
Odd or eccentric mannerisms or appearance
Superstitious or preoccupied with paranormal phenomena
Difficult to follow speech patterns
Feelings of anxiety in social situations
Suspiciousness and paranoia
Odd beliefs or magical thinking
Appears shy, aloof, or withdrawn to others
snowsprite
Post Office

Post by snowsprite »

Sounds like a fun drinking companion Cappy!
:P
Sprite
I like wine.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Hal U. Dewin wrote:
snowsprite wrote:A fun personality disorder test

and one to test your level of narcissism

*note: all the narcis will take these :P

Here's a more concise version of "what is a Narcissist:"

An all-pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behaviour), need for admiration or adulation and lack of empathy, usually beginning by early adulthood and present in various contexts. Five (or more) of the following criteria must be met:

Feels grandiose and self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents to the point of lying, demands to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
Is obsessed with fantasies of unlimited success, fame, fearsome power or omnipotence, unequalled brilliance (the cerebral narcissist), bodily beauty or sexual performance (the somatic narcissist), or ideal, everlasting, all-conquering love or passion
Firmaly convinced that he or she is unique and, being special, can only be understood by, should only be treated by, or associate with, other special or unique, or high-status people (or institutions)
Requires excessive admiration, adulation, attention and affirmation -or, failing that, wishes to be feared and to be notorious (narcissistic supply).
Feels entitled. Expects unreasonable or special and favourable priority treatment. Demands automatic and full compliance with his or her expectations
Is "interpersonally exploitative", i.e., uses others to achieve his or her own ends
Devoid of empathy. Is unable or unwilling to identify with or acknowledge the feelings and needs of others
Constantly envious of others or believes that they feel the same about him or her
Arrogant, haughty behaviours or attitudes coupled with rage when frustrated, contradicted, or confronted.
holy crap...this is stormchaser to a 'T"... wait, wait...the last one could be andy...or vinny...crap...this is difficult...wait...what about the first one...damn, who was that again listing all their educational/linguist achievements?...and skiing/riding...oh, my...I could go on forever, like how people NEVER fall and stuff, incredible....man... it took shy, selfless, low self-esteem little me months to post a few pics of me riding (absolutely 0 TR's) after hearing of all the magnificent TR's and exploits in here....but I did...and it was a personal accomplishment to say the least...wait, now I'm confused, was there a question in there somewhere?
I'm deeply offended Hal...you're not my friend any more. Keep your rim jobs to yourself from now on.
ImageImageImageImage
KrisSkis
Black Carver

Post by KrisSkis »

wow, sprite....i just took the personality test and i seriously think i should be on the phone making an appointment with a psychiatrist...LOL...im not THAT crazy!!!!

:twisted:
Disorder/ Rating
Paranoid: High
Schizoid: Moderate
Schizotypal: Moderate
Antisocial: High
Borderline: Very High
Histrionic: Very High
Narcissistic: Very High
Avoidant: High
Dependent: Very High
Obsessive-Compulsive: Moderate
To hell with Utah...send the snow here :-)
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

snowsprite wrote:No, I think you post a TR--or at least a "notice of travel" very often when you go somewhere to ride. You also post weather reports to show the weather will be prime for snow sports during the time you are going. There's nothing wrong with the fact that you do so, just pointing out that you do it sometimes.

There have been times when someone has posted a TR and you made comments about how it couldn't have been great due to weather conditions.

When someone posted photos of a friend skiing a bowl out west for the first time and you picked on their skiing technique.

You wouldn't be a bit envious now, would you?
:wink:

I am not sure I understand the bit about how people "never fall and stuff." I'm sure most of us have posted about falls we took. Even pics of the bruises to prove them. Don't think anyone here is purporting to be an olympic hopeful. We all fall down. So what's your point?

Sprite
I'm feeling kind of warm and fuzzy inside knowing that you still read all my stuff(tyyyyy...are you reading this?)....thanks...or maybe it's just the McDonald's fruit and walnut salad, hmmm...anyway, when someone posted a picture and asked people to "critique" someone's skiing technique (which by the way, not everyone took offense to, and some even offered constructive advice) six different people, including you, had my login and password for obvious reasons. Because I can't control someone else using my name and password to possibly take a shot at someone they normally wouldn't do as thier own login, I changed the password soon after so no one would have access and I remember explaining that. And of course I'm envious, we're all envious of something. I'm envious that people get to live out in Utah full time and enjoy winters like the one that just passed, while I'm stuck with a mid-week pass to Brighton and too much time wasted traveling.

I'm not sure I understand the retort about how some people say they "never fall and stuff". Some people on this board, not just one...have stated on more than one occasion that they never fall. Others, when they do have a rare fall, that others witness, immediately blame it on something beyond their control...ice, flat light, whatever....rarely do they admit "well, ya know, I was skiing or riding beyond my ability" or I was kinda out of control" or "I really didn't belong on that trail". I fall in the park, sometimes hard...it's the price you pay for progression and trying new things.....doesn't mean others never fall, some probably don't....and those that live to tell about never falling fit into some of the italicized mumbo jumbo up top. Soooo...that's why I said some people say they "never fall and stuff". Thanks for taking the time to answer for "most" of the group....your efforts don't go unnoticed by upper level administration :wink:
shortski
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

Hal U. Dewin wrote: some people say they "never fall and stuff".
Wow! That's unbelievable. I forget what it's like having 20-something legs under me. When I get tired towards the end of the day I sometimes take a hellacious header. I haven't broken anything yet.
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

Vinny Vincenzo wrote:
Hal U. Dewin wrote: some people say they "never fall and stuff".
Wow! That's unbelievable. I forget what it's like having 20-something legs under me. When I get tired towards the end of the day I sometimes take a hellacious header. I haven't broken anything yet.
were you a maimed centipede or something at some point in your life?

lol...20-something legs under me...
shortski
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

Hal U. Dewin wrote: were you a maimed centipede or something at some point in your life?

lol...20-something legs under me...
Dood, you're no spring chicken. You know what I meant.

I need to lose weight for next season. Carrying the extra weight makes my legs very tired and then CRASH BOOM BANG.
snowsprite
Post Office

Post by snowsprite »

I had to stop reading Hal's reply after the 2nd sentence. Would anyone like to break it down into a bulleted list for me? You know, I have the attention span of a gnat. Tanks!

Dang Kris! See what kids and husband will do to you? :wink:

Me and Hal are the same: Paranoid Narcissists.

:::swak:::

Sprite
I like wine.
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

snowsprite wrote:I had to stop reading Hal's reply after the 2nd sentence. Would anyone like to break it down into a bulleted list for me? You know, I have the attention span of a gnat. Tanks!

Dang Kris! See what kids and husband will do to you? :wink:

Me and Hal are the same: Paranoid Narcissists.

:::swak:::

Sprite
Hey, that’s awesome, you’re getting it…..which would certainly lend some credence to the argument here that, although you have the attention span of a gnat, your brain is slightly larger. So we’ve almost conquered Step 1.…you don’t read my stuff! Two more sentences and you’re there!! In Step 2 we’ll work on you not getting upset…hopefully then, you won’t harbor angst for like a year… In Step 3, we’ll learn to control long-winded diatribes on Internet message boards telling people not to give sufficient thought to what you say, think, or do to even bother to put forth the effort to comment on it, then have you proceed to comment on everything they write…also in Step 3, as an added bonus, we’ll learn not to tell people the past is past, to forget about it and then one week later bring up stuff that happened over a year ago. Eventually, with some discipline, hard work and effort…now, I’m not saying it’s going to be easy…you’ll be a happy, productive member of the K-zone society again. I think I speak for everyone here…except maybe SPORE and 2pink…when I say we’re all pullin for ya. :P
shortski
snowsprite
Post Office

Post by snowsprite »

Noooooo!!!!! I don't want to be a productive, happy member of anything. I want to be more like you Hally. :P

And you know I tell it like it is. I think I did get upset and harbor a little angst. I'm a silly girl! I think it spooked me that you quoted stuff I said months & months and even a year ago. I thought it creepy that you seemed to enjoy bringing up my kid and harping on stuff I posted about him. But I know different now.

But I've come to realize you're really quite harmless. And entertaining! So expect major contradictions, mind-warps, back-stepping, and whatever other shenanigans I like to engage in.

Anyway, you've taught me to say and do whatever I want. And for that, I thank you. How liberating!
Sprite
I like wine.
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

snowsprite wrote:Noooooo!!!!! I don't want to be a productive, happy member of anything. I want to be more like you Hally. :P

And you know I tell it like it is. I think I did get upset and harbor a little angst. I'm a silly girl! I think it spooked me that you quoted stuff I said months & months and even a year ago. I thought it creepy that you seemed to enjoy bringing up my kid and harping on stuff I posted about him. But I know different now.

But I've come to realize you're really quite harmless. And entertaining! So expect major contradictions, mind-warps, back-stepping, and whatever other shenanigans I like to engage in.

Anyway, you've taught me to say and do whatever I want. And for that, I thank you. How liberating!
Sprite
crap...and we were doing so well...two sentences, two lousy sentences!!
snowsprite wrote:Noooooo!!!!! I don't want to be a productive, happy member of anything. I want to be more like you Hally. :P
I know, believe me, I'd be miserable having to work full-time....especially in the winter...
snowsprite wrote: And you know I tell it like it is. I think I did get upset and harbor a little angst. I'm a silly girl! I think it spooked me that you quoted stuff I said months & months and even a year ago. I thought it creepy that you seemed to enjoy bringing up my kid and harping on stuff I posted about him. But I know different now.
Weird, I figured you would have known different after bringing your family up to stay with me two different weekends last year at Sugarbush....or was it three? Oh, that's right, you canceled the third time cuz they were expecting a bit of r*in :cry: I bring crap up about everybody...you have the attention span of a gnat, I have the mammories of an elephant...
snowsprite wrote: But I've come to realize you're really quite harmless. And entertaining!
Everyone else has known that for five years, what took you so long!?
snowsprite wrote: Anyway, you've taught me to say and do whatever I want. And for that, I thank you. How liberating!
Sprite
You're welcome. And you've taught me something too...I just don't know what it is yet...oh, who am I kidding, no you haven't..lol...but I'm sure some day you'll return th favor :D
shortski