Escapade "open" ??

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

GSKI
Powderhound

Escapade "open" ??

Post by GSKI »

Escapade listed as "open" lol! If Cascade is not open that must mean that little bitty part of Escapade between those 2 cross over trails is what is open. That is my best guess or the very top little bitty. Trail count scam!
Eddytheyetti
Green Skidder

Re: Escapade "open" ??

Post by Eddytheyetti »

From the top where it splits off of helter shelter. Take what you can get right now, it’s going to get worse before it gets better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

GSKI wrote: Dec 14th, '23, 19:28 Escapade listed as "open" lol! If Cascade is not open that must mean that little bitty part of Escapade between those 2 cross over trails is what is open. That is my best guess or the very top little bitty. Trail count scam!
They do that with Skyehawk. The headwall is closed but the runout below is open so they mark it open.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Yep - I've been bitching about this for some time now.

A week or so ago, they also showed Cascade Open for the short stretch between High Traverse and Home Run !

Absolute BS. I went to the real SkyeHawk yesterday to ski it and was closed. Showed as Open / Groomed on the App. Come on K, that is only a corner cut, not a trail.

While I'm at it: Why has Upper Conclusion been show as Open last several days? Three ways to get to it [from Highline - this rope is always up, the real start under the Snowdon Triple, or from the Upper Mixing bowl above Mouse Trap] have all been roped off.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
wtf021
Blue Chatterbox

Post by wtf021 »

The way that Killington has evolved into its current operating philosophy makes me think that the analytic folks are running things now.
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

Bitty top of Escapade...OPEN! Tiny part of middle Cascade...OPEN! Bit of Skyhawk below the actual small shot...OPEN! tiny part of Conclusion you cant even get to because the trial is closed for racing..OPEN! That's 4 trails on the count. LOL! I'm sure there are others like the beginner top of Royle Flush. It's that time of year. Pray for snow!
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

I find it a bit amusing that people complain about trails being broken up into sections saying that just increases the trail count (even if sections can open separately) and then complain about issues like this. Lighten up folks.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Your missing the point Jim. The cases when they show Cascade, Escapade, and Skye Hawk OPEN, for the part of the trail no one cares about [they don't even get you anywhere], is BS.

With that said, yesterday:

- Upper Conclusion WAS open and accessible at least from Highline [rope was down] and the top of Mouse Trap. Did not very if it was open "from the top" near the Triple midstation. NOTE: This is not an UPPER/LOWER think - This is a piss poor Report [as shown on the App] with a trail being Open, yet completely roped off for several days.

- Skye Hawk was not shown as OPEN. Thanx.

- Cascade not shown as Open for several days now. OK. Pretty sure the report showed Escapade CLOSED yesterday, but I see it shown as OPEN today.

So - Maybe they are listening a bit ?

Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

rogman wrote: Dec 14th, '23, 20:06
GSKI wrote: Dec 14th, '23, 19:28 Escapade listed as "open" lol! If Cascade is not open that must mean that little bitty part of Escapade between those 2 cross over trails is what is open. That is my best guess or the very top little bitty. Trail count scam!
They do that with Skyehawk. The headwall is closed but the runout below is open so they mark it open.
OK - Back to showing Skye Hawk OPEN. Side Note: On the App, this is shown as Open, Groomed, AND a black diamond ! Be very careful on that expert corner cut off.

makemoreturns
Beginner On Rentals

Post by makemoreturns »

Weren’t you a skier before apps existed? Simply put your phone away and go skiing.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

makemoreturns wrote: Dec 18th, '23, 04:47 Weren’t you a skier before apps existed? Simply put your phone away and go skiing.
It’s about misrepresenting trail count and acreage to potential customers. If 5% of the trail is open it’s considered 100% open for statistical purposes.

Same issue applies to Bear Trax as well as Upper Pipe Dream, both are listed as open but are only open as far as Launch Pad. I mean come on.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

rogman wrote: Dec 18th, '23, 08:08
makemoreturns wrote: Dec 18th, '23, 04:47 Weren’t you a skier before apps existed? Simply put your phone away and go skiing.
It’s about misrepresenting trail count and acreage to potential customers. If 5% of the trail is open it’s considered 100% open for statistical purposes.

Same issue applies to Bear Trax as well as Upper Pipe Dream, both are listed as open but are only open as far as Launch Pad. I mean come on.
at least you won't get your pass pulled for skiing them ...

whether they're "padding" the run count or not is a minor issue (sure other areas do it to some extent). legitimately there's no rope so it's "open" no matter how little of the trail is actually open. guess they need to further break them down - upper upper PD, middle upper PD, lower upper ... damn at that rate they can double or triple their total trail count.

the bigger issue seems to be inaccurate or not up-to-date info on the trail report as the captain's pointed out. today upper & lower GB are listed as open but upper chute is closed. need to make sure my parachute is functional ...
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Mabel.... Mabel! - Look here. Ski areas are exaggerating and embellishing their conditions report! Can you believe it?
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Mister Moose wrote: Dec 18th, '23, 09:15 Mabel.... Mabel! - Look here. Ski areas are exaggerating and embellishing their conditions report! Can you believe it?
impossible!!! never!!!!
spoiled South American skiin' whore
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

They could alleviate the problem by aligning the trail divisions with how they actually open them. Or they could make it sooo much worse.

They actually got it right with upper Bittersweet; I had no idea it started below Launchpad. You can get a pretty good idea how much error there is by looking at the stubs on the interactive map.