saturday 12/16 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

saturday 12/16 report

Post by skiadikt »

stop the presses!! yes 2 saturdays in a row. very relaxing 3 hr tour at pico. definitely a day late. thought about it yesterday but the allure of needles sucked me in. the joke is never got to ski it. cruel ...

comfortable temps and the sun shining her ever-loving light. no complaints. for all of the shift skied right on the lift. at least for the 1st hr was rare to see another skier. hit all open terrain except the beginner area. groomers up top were 49'er & mid pike - flat & fast hard pack. by my last run 49'er was rather skied off. the lower mtn groomers were softer.

tip of the helmet to 180 for "skiing-in" the nats (maybe too well :lol:). best was birch glades w plenty of loose snow. the others were quite skied in. summit glades was mostly good, improving as you went down. upper KA & sunset rather beat, though lower they skied quite well with plenty of leftovers. interestingly when i left just after 11:30 the main lot was almost full. where were they?
spoiled South American skiin' whore
ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: saturday 12/16 report

Post by ozzy »

skiadikt wrote: Dec 16th, '23, 12:44 stop the presses!! yes 2 saturdays in a row. very relaxing 3 hr tour at pico. definitely a day late. thought about it yesterday but the allure of needles sucked me in. the joke is never got to ski it. cruel ...

comfortable temps and the sun shining her ever-loving light. no complaints. for all of the shift skied right on the lift. at least for the 1st hr was rare to see another skier. hit all open terrain except the beginner area. groomers up top were 49'er & mid pike - flat & fast hard pack. by my last run 49'er was rather skied off. the lower mtn groomers were softer.

tip of the helmet to 180 for "skiing-in" the nats (maybe too well :lol:). best was birch glades w plenty of loose snow. the others were quite skied in. summit glades was mostly good, improving as you went down. upper KA & sunset rather beat, though lower they skied quite well with plenty of leftovers. interestingly when i left just after 11:30 the main lot was almost full. where were they?
Sunset right to the first Knoll, than left was good. Decent natural snow bumps on upper KA and summit as well.
Lower KA and birch was fun too.
Sorry we missed you. My wife and daughter got there at 9. My son and I got there with the RV at 10.
We left by 1.
Good day overall.
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: Sadly, I can't tell the Pico'ers they missed anything.

Mostly glacial. Guessing it was certainly better at starting bell and then went downhill. Also guessing there might have been a portion of the day that some things, especially those facing the sun, were good [looked like Highline got soft at some point].

On Snowdon, LEF icy with a bit of sugar on the left side ridge. Highline was a mess. Mostly thin cover on the right, where the better snow was, and a mish mosh of ice, refrozen bumps, and beach sand in the middle. On the bright side, very easy on the exit to get to the Supe chair.

ROTD: Old Supe -> Supe -> High Road. Nothing special mind you.

Was so bad, I actually took the chair to nowhere, and down Snowshed to NorthBrook trail to see how it was.

The new toy Cruise Control was "normal" for this time of year at the start and then the lower pitch was very icy with a large patch or two of porcelin thrown in for good measure.

Yuck !
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Pretty much just like the morning K report on the App !

Bumper

Post by 180 »

Highline was real good in the sun for most of the day.
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Out at 8:30 to drop the kids off at 4241

Early laps on cruise with 180 not bad until the Gondi stopped.

Met SBF for frozen Sup that required race skis.

Highline the best run of the day for sure.

Low rider and Northstar not a do over.

Ovation and old sup loosened my fillings.

Good pickle happy with whiteout.
Where is Happy Hour ?
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

180 wrote: Dec 16th, '23, 22:24 Highline was real good in the sun for most of the day.
Thanx for confirming that. Just what I thought was the case though I missed it and caught the crappy follow-on refreeze.