Access Road Speed Limit

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Low Rider
Black Carver

Access Road Speed Limit

Post by Low Rider »

Curious on everyone's take of the new speed limit on the Access Road?

I'm fine with it - but I have now had 2 experiences of witnessing road rage from other drives as i have followed the spirit of the reduced speed limit. (driving maybe 5-6 MPH over the limit)

I admit that even going a few MPH over the limit seems pretty slow for the road, but it has been pretty well publicized so shouldn't everyone expect it at this point?
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Re: Access Road Speed Limit

Post by Stormchaser »

4 lanes and 30 mph is counterintuitive for many drivers.
ImageImageImageImage
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

Also been trying to stay within 5 or so of the limit. Everyone passes me, so not sure there is much compliance at this point. There is an article in the current Mountain Times about this. Says on Friday Dec 8 11 drivers were stopped and 7 tickets given out, all going over 50. Article also says they have ordered larger Speed Limit signs as there was feedback the current ones are too small.
Eddytheyetti
Green Skidder

Post by Eddytheyetti »

PinnacleJim wrote:Also been trying to stay within 5 or so of the limit. Everyone passes me, so not sure there is much compliance at this point. There is an article in the current Mountain Times about this. Says on Friday Dec 8 11 drivers were stopped and 7 tickets given out, all going over 50. Article also says they have ordered larger Speed Limit signs as there was feedback the current ones are too small.
There one up past the clinic that is still 35 mph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

Eddytheyetti wrote: Dec 18th, '23, 09:42
PinnacleJim wrote:Also been trying to stay within 5 or so of the limit. Everyone passes me, so not sure there is much compliance at this point. There is an article in the current Mountain Times about this. Says on Friday Dec 8 11 drivers were stopped and 7 tickets given out, all going over 50. Article also says they have ordered larger Speed Limit signs as there was feedback the current ones are too small.
There one up past the clinic that is still 35 mph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I noticed that too - wonder if that was an oversite or if the limit is really 35 up there?
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Doesn't change things much and doesn't really impact me though I always go home via the access Road [when it was 35 mph] as I have a hard time with the 25 mph E. Mtn. Rd speed limit in the downhill direction. So, it costs me maybe one minute longer, if that.

Have seen the K Police with people pulled over at the end of the ski day a few times this past week. So, they are out there.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Stormchaser wrote: Dec 18th, '23, 08:51 4 lanes and 30 mph is counterintuitive for many drivers.
It's only 3 lanes from Glazebrook north to Route 4. That's where the limit is 30 mph. South of Glazebrook there are 4 lanes but the limit there remains 35 mph. That portion of the road is resort rather than town road, although the town plows it for the resort.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
wtf021
Blue Chatterbox

Post by wtf021 »

Maybe the town can borrow the camera system from the mountain. The town can give out speeding tickets and the mountain will suspend your ski pass for speeding on the access road. Win win. Remember, big brother is watching.
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

wtf021 wrote: Dec 18th, '23, 16:37 Maybe the town can borrow the camera system from the mountain. The town can give out speeding tickets and the mountain will suspend your ski pass for speeding on the access road. Win win. Remember, big brother is watching.
All while they analyze your spending habits with the cashless system.
skidogg
Poster Child Poster

Post by skidogg »

the problem is not going 35/40 it was always folks going 50/60
fast is cool.
Faster is cooler. bring back the dis
ejrides
Black Carver

Post by ejrides »

Captain Hafski wrote: Dec 18th, '23, 10:52 Doesn't change things much and doesn't really impact me though I always go home via the access Road [when it was 35 mph] as I have a hard time with the 25 mph E. Mtn. Rd speed limit in the downhill direction. So, it costs me maybe one minute longer, if that.

Have seen the K Police with people pulled over at the end of the ski day a few times this past week. So, they are out there.
I believe with the access road change, they were also going to make EMR 30 for the entire length
ejrides
Black Carver

Post by ejrides »

Much ado about nothing. Real need is to slow down the 40+ drivers. I've noticed much more enforcement recently; that does more to slow things down than any other method. Personally I want the light back at Dean Hill to create some breaks in traffic for cars coming out of other streets and parking lots. Make it a flasher 90% of the time.
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

ejrides wrote: Dec 19th, '23, 08:09 Much ado about nothing. Real need is to slow down the 40+ drivers. I've noticed much more enforcement recently; that does more to slow things down than any other method. Personally I want the light back at Dean Hill to create some breaks in traffic for cars coming out of other streets and parking lots. Make it a flasher 90% of the time.
This would be great. No idea why they took it out in the first place. Sometimes it takes forever to turn left out of Dean Hill
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

ejrides wrote: Dec 19th, '23, 08:09 Much ado about nothing. Real need is to slow down the 40+ drivers. I've noticed much more enforcement recently; that does more to slow things down than any other method. Personally I want the light back at Dean Hill to create some breaks in traffic for cars coming out of other streets and parking lots. Make it a flasher 90% of the time.
Agree, I was just amazed at the road rage i experienced (twice) while going 5ish MPH over the speed limit.
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

Low Rider wrote: Dec 19th, '23, 08:35
Agree, I was just amazed at the road rage i experienced (twice) while going 5ish MPH over the speed limit.
Couple years back when I was coming thru Bridgewater I had this ass hat behind me. Now when the speed limit says 50, I will do 60, never had an issue. Even 40 or 45 I will go 5mph over usually. But when that drops to 35 or less, I set my cruise control for that. Coming up for so many years we all know where the sheriff likes to sit his fat ass to nab speeders. So as Im coming thru bridgewater heading to K this guy is riding my ass. Once we hit the 35 zone I dropped it down and I can see this guy losing it in my rear view mirror. Hes so close that I cant even see his headlights in my mirror. So I drop it down to 5 mph below. Obviously this guy is infuriated, passes me like an asshole making sure to cut in close to my car, and goes flying up the road. As I come around the corner, I can see the flashing lights already. As I drive by I roll down my window and just smirk at the guy....made my night....