Wednesday, December 27

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

MrsG
Whipping Post

Wednesday, December 27

Post by MrsG »

Out almost first thing and vis not as bad as appears on web cams now (1:00 pm)! No real moisture then. Best conditions on Gateway/Bear Claw/Skyburst - rest of open toward K1 very chunky monkey! Not much the crew could have done with what Mother Nature offering. Fog has eaten a lot of snow - even the Sup headwall has brown spots. Snowshed back to shuttle decent! Did not do other side!
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Re: Wednesday, December 27

Post by skiadikt »

good on you mrsg. my krewe hit it for a couple hrs.

yikes brown spots on the supe hw! saw rocks popping through yesterday. this mess continues until friday morning before the bleeding finally stops. mtn's gonna have a lot of work to do yet again. right now looks like negative viz on the webcam. lots of folks at snowshed.

my report: no alarm, blueberry pancakes, home fries, vegi-bacon, cappuchino whip cream :lol: . maybe out mid-day tomorrow.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Out for a few in the PM when the r*in let up. Did not need the reign gear.

High line getting very thin. Gotta pick ur line. Stay left.

Down draft headwall ok but the snow is getting hollow.

LEF good with some big turn bumps. Did the 180 run a few laps.

Never ventured to bear. Bars were empty. Kinda sad that the mountain is hurting.

At least the bumps are nice.
Where is Happy Hour ?
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Out a bit after eight, finished a bit before four, with a very very long break in between. Sometimes it was wet, sometimes it was wetter. Whettever. Snow was actually pretty good if you like hero snow, but some areas are getting thin: Upper Bitter (still ungroomed, and still reporting groomed; I’m starting to take it personally), Highline, SS headwall, and Viper Pit. I’m sure they’ll farm snow and make it reasonably presentable for tomorrow. The NCP is certainly unfortunate, and the problems are certainly impacting crowds. Too bad, because the skiing has actually been pretty good. People are missing it. East Fall (Doria’s nemesis) was probably run of the day. A SS run late in the day was better than an early Skyelark T2B (surprising). It’s those cat tracks. Much worse on the latter. Now, am I seeing the same cat tracks every day, or does Killington periodically refresh them? Are they a few days old or do they date back to November? Can they be carbon dated? Someone take some plaster casts. The curiosity is genuine.

Needles chair, which was promised for today was turning but closed. It makes no difference now, the exit onto Bittersweet is gone, got to use Stage 2 exit Needles. Didn’t get up top, but the C4 was running. Why? DIdn’t hit north ridge either; fog and the intermittent r*in. Overall, a brutal day for the mountain, what should be the busiest day of the year was dead. While everyone else has a few trails open, Killington has trails on 5 of 6 peaks, some with 2 or 3 T2B routes. They get a pass from me on Sunrise. They’ve staged guns for expansion. They need to redeploy for refresh.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Did not go out.

Wondering if anyone's hit up Grizzly anytime this past week? It's showing up all week as Open AND GROOMED !

Must be so good everyone's keeping it a secret.

Rusty: When I got back from an appointment I had, at about 1:30, the bars were packed. They were the ones on the access road !
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

rogman wrote: Dec 27th, '23, 17:33 Out a bit after eight, finished a bit before four, with a very very long break in between. Sometimes it was wet, sometimes it was wetter. Whettever. Snow was actually pretty good if you like hero snow, but some areas are getting thin
Same day and assessment...the kids were out all day with thier programs and they never complained about the NCP.
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

Captain Hafski wrote: Dec 27th, '23, 18:41 Did not go out.

Wondering if anyone's hit up Grizzly anytime this past week? It's showing up all week as Open AND GROOMED !

Must be so good everyone's keeping it a secret.

Rusty: When I got back from an appointment I had, at about 1:30, the bars were packed. They were the ones on the access road !
Grizzly looks mint from the Bear cam.
Finn
Postaholic

Post by Finn »

Finn passed on the fog and r*in too.
Thursday will be another short day but I will be out there.

Let’s all meet for a happy hour somewhere soon!