Operational Failures

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Operational Failures

Post by SPORE »

Anyone who thinks Mike and Tate are doing a good job are smoking some good crack.

6” of snow and all major lifts delayed. Same as last year.
Fluffhead
Beginner On Rentals

Re: Operational Failures

Post by Fluffhead »

I’d say job well done. Many lifts open at the bell and others came on line before 9:00. Despite the storm and wind.

But if only Killington had blown snow on wildfire 10 hours earlier or had Grizzly open earlier, today wouldn’t be so mediocre.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Fluffhead wrote: Jan 7th, '24, 08:55 I’d say job well done. Many lifts open at the bell and others came on line before 9:00. Despite the storm and wind.

But if only Killington had blown snow on wildfire 10 hours earlier or had Grizzly open earlier, today wouldn’t be so mediocre.
Does Killington pay you by the day or by the post?
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

wasn't just a k thing. here's okemo ...

Okemo at 0745: The Sunburst Six, The Evergreen Express and the Glades Peak Quad will start the day on hold due to weather challenges our team is facing. Thank you for your patience and more updates to follow.

the glades peak opened at 10:45 and the sunburst at 12:26.

at stratton - delayed start on the sunbowl and gondi still on-hold.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
makemoreturns
Beginner On Rentals

Post by makemoreturns »

Do Okemo skiers have a forum that they can complain on?
TheLurker
Bumper

Post by TheLurker »

They do not.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

I tried, but http://www.pokemonzone.com was taken.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

I am not sure if this is the best place to post this information, but one of the soap dispensers in the K1 Pub's men's room is not working correctly.
Bayfive
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Bayfive »

Pedro , that’s funny , P B R on me at the Angler
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

$6.50 cheeseburger at the Angler... see you there!
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

So Rutland has a dive bar. There’s a shocker. The least surprising thing is that BayFive, who wants to rid KBL of all the riff raff and 100 day trash, hangs out there. Nothing against Dive Bars, PBR is one of the better cheap beers, but I’d expect it would take more than cheap beer and a $6.50 cheeseburger to entice someone of your discriminating palate Mr. Moose. Besides, we have Mogul’s; we use to have KBL.

As for this thread, on the whole Killington did a pretty good job yesterday, given the challenges they had. Whatever else, the crew is hardworking and motivated. Superstar was loading 3 per chair due to problems at the top; lifties were seen pushing the chairs around the terminal. The Bubble was being recalcitrant again, they got it going and kept it running. It isn’t easy to work in a blizzard: just showing up is a challenge, but there they were. The mob scene in KBL was managed. Patrol dropped ropes on everything that was skiable (and a few things that weren’t, because why the hell not) I’m not setting a low bar, but it is important to adjust expectations to the circumstances.
Guy in Shorts

Post by Guy in Shorts »

SPORE wrote: Jan 7th, '24, 08:22 Anyone who thinks Mike and Tate are doing a good job are smoking some good crack.

6” of snow and all major lifts delayed. Same as last year.
Tait Germon is our director of mountain operations. Spelling counts if you are calling someone out by their first name.

The J1 work force do not have their own transportation so they're at the mercy of The Bus. Getting employees to the mountain on a bad weather day is the challenge.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

They knew the weather was coming. They knew they would need to get employees in earlier. Run the busses earlier. There's no excuse for the 2 most important lifts not to be ready at 8. There's also no excuse for the website not to state delays by 630 or 7 AM. They knew by then they would but be ready for 8AM
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

At least some of Killington’s housing is located on the far side of the pass. Kzoners have the choice at stopping at Pico; workers don’t. Regardless, the reduced speeds limit the number of workers that can be moved in a given period of time. KMS level of entitlement in this thread.
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

There are 2.5 icicles in the way of the Bear Webcam, can someone knock them down? Please and thank you.