Re: Operational Failures

Post by hillbangin »

rogman wrote: Jan 8th, '24, 13:39 I’m so mad so I’m going to use

ALL CAPS. THAT’LL SHOW ‘EM I MEAN BUSINESS

Sigh. Not doin’ it. Hit the showers, all caps, I’m bringing out

BOLD FONT. WHEN YOU NEED THOSE PIXELS TO HIT HARD

Hmm. Still not enough to convey my ANGER. Time to haul out the big cat,

GINORMOUS FONT

YES! Smells like victory. Or breakfast. Not sure. None of that namby pamby normal font stuff for me.
How about underlined italics?

Italic font, or italics, is a style of typeface in which the text appears slanted, like this. While italics are mainly used to draw attention to certain words or passages, the font also plays an important role in differentiating the titles and names of things—such as novels, movies, and even spaceships—from other text.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

hillbangin wrote: Jan 8th, '24, 13:55 the font also plays an important role in differentiating the titles and names of things—such as novels, movies, and even spaceships—from other text.
I had no idea distinguishing spaceships from text was such a big problem. Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind the next time I read a novel or watch a rocket launch.
Dude GFY
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Dude GFY »

˙ʎqqnɥɔ ɐ ǝɯ sǝʌıb ʇı ǝuozʞ ǝɥʇ uo ɥɔnɯ os uɹɐǝן ı
my poor knees
Green Skidder

Post by my poor knees »

I was there this past Saturday and Sunday, quite a few lift stoppages on K1,Skyship2 and Superstar.
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

rogman wrote: Jan 8th, '24, 14:00
hillbangin wrote: Jan 8th, '24, 13:55 the font also plays an important role in differentiating the titles and names of things—such as novels, movies, and even spaceships—from other text.
I had no idea distinguishing spaceships from text was such a big problem. Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind the next time I read a novel or watch a rocket launch.
That was from Grammerly - I thought you'd get a kick out of the spaceship comment - had to make sure I wasn't plagiarizing from Wikipedia.
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

my poor knees wrote: Jan 8th, '24, 14:19 I was there this past Saturday and Sunday, quite a few lift stoppages on K1,Skyship2 and Superstar.
Not sure if I have been on a lift ride this year that didn't stop . .
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

my poor knees wrote: Jan 8th, '24, 14:19 I was there this past Saturday and Sunday, quite a few lift stoppages on K1,Skyship2 and Superstar.
It was windy. They were loading 3 to a chair on SS for a while on Sunday because of problems at the top. But apparently it wasn’t a blizzard because, IDK, it’s trademarked by Dairy Queen? Weekends are worse anyway because of the increased out of town Jerry Factor, and finally, the regular rodents powering the lift have it off, and the weekend crew is a bunch of slackers. Lift ops has to regularly go up the ladder and give them what for to restart.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

ski wrote: Jan 8th, '24, 15:10
Yeah, stoppages on weekends is 100% guaranteed! The best is the 6 pack. Stops at least 3 or 4 times each trip. The best is when someone drops the bubble on your knees with no warning! :evil:

Just wanted to add some bitching to this thread... :P
Grmmtnhkr34
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Grmmtnhkr34 »

ski wrote: Jan 8th, '24, 15:10
That's because way too many people are certified "jerry's" nothing to do with killington.
Skivt2
Bumper

Post by Skivt2 »

Captain Hafski wrote: Jan 8th, '24, 09:43 Curious - Did any of the Pico'ers know about the Summit chair wind hold in advance?

Also, what's wrong with the Needle's Eye chair? There was at least one day where they advertised they were going to be running it. That's another important lift for those that don't want to wait in a line to ride a germ box.
Just here is say that of course every Pico’er knows that the summit quad is always on wind hold on a powder day whether there actually is wind or not (this time there was). We actually have a trail through the woods that has never had an actual trail sign but is unofficially known as “summit’s closed”. It takes you from Fools gold onto the bottom of Birch glade so you can get a tiny itsy bit of powder there. Or you can even, sort of, crash through a little stand of woods and get to Pike for 100 yards above the normal crowd. It’s amazing how creative us Pico’ers have become during all our summitless powder days.

Those with Pico only passes do get a consolation prize of the “Summit guarantee”. The summit guarantee entitles a Pico ticket holder to a Killington day pass that day, no questions asked, if the summit quad is not open by about 11am. In fact, if you are paying full price for a day ticket on a powder day, it might be worth just buying a pico day ticket. Changes are nearly 100% you will be skiing the afternoon at Killington if you want, for the price of a Pico ticket.

For those that tough it out hoping for a late summit open, the summit guarantee can be a beautiful thing. Once in a while, after all the “summit guarantee” people leave for Killington, the summit quad occasionally, and miraculously does open. In those cases, it’s Shangrala.
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

Skivt2 wrote: Jan 8th, '24, 17:36
Captain Hafski wrote: Jan 8th, '24, 09:43 Curious - Did any of the Pico'ers know about the Summit chair wind hold in advance?

Also, what's wrong with the Needle's Eye chair? There was at least one day where they advertised they were going to be running it. That's another important lift for those that don't want to wait in a line to ride a germ box.
Just here is say that of course every Pico’er knows that the summit quad is always on wind hold on a powder day whether there actually is wind or not (this time there was). We actually have a trail through the woods that has never had an actual trail sign but is unofficially known as “summit’s closed”. It takes you from Fools gold onto the bottom of Birch glade so you can get a tiny itsy bit of powder there. Or you can even, sort of, crash through a little stand of woods and get to Pike for 100 yards above the normal crowd. It’s amazing how creative us Pico’ers have become during all our summitless powder days.

Those with Pico only passes do get a consolation prize of the “Summit guarantee”. The summit guarantee entitles a Pico ticket holder to a Killington day pass that day, no questions asked, if the summit quad is not open by about 11am. In fact, if you are paying full price for a day ticket on a powder day, it might be worth just buying a pico day ticket. Changes are nearly 100% you will be skiing the afternoon at Killington if you want, for the price of a Pico ticket.

For those that tough it out hoping for a late summit open, the summit guarantee can be a beautiful thing. Once in a while, after all the “summit guarantee” people leave for Killington, the summit quad occasionally, and miraculously does open. In those cases, it’s Shangrala.
Have some more Kool-Aid
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
A_GUY
Beginner On Rentals

Post by A_GUY »

How about this operational failure at Pico today: absolutely zero snow making happening anywhere.

ski wrote: Jan 8th, '24, 17:56

Have some more Kool-Aid
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

A_GUY wrote: Jan 8th, '24, 19:16 How about this operational failure at Pico today: absolutely zero snow making happening anywhere.

Have some more Kool-Aid
that is a fail. skied there the last 2 sundays and other than some natural terrain, there no were new trails added. that was during the best snowmaking week of the season so far.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Had one of my best weekends of skiing this year, on a high from all that sweet pow, come to Kzone and what do I read.. bitch bitch bitch.... :banana:
Skivt2
Bumper

Post by Skivt2 »

Have some more Kool-Aid
Seriously curious why you would say that? I nicely just said Pico never opens the summit quad on a powder day. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of operations.