Make pot legal?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

What about that marijuana?

Legalize, Legalize, Legalize that dope! The government can't tell us no and neither can the pope!
83%
No, No, No! People should not be allowed to use it! Marijuana is a gateway drug!
No votes
No, No, No! Well, maybe if they have cancer, and a doctor prescribes it, and the source is regulated, and if it helps them, and...
17%

Total votes: 24

pizzamoose
Slalom Racer

Make pot legal?

Post by pizzamoose »

I'm just curious what the people here think.

Why didn't I talk about this in politics? Because talk about alchohol and its implications is not construed as political - so this shouldn't be either. Besides, legalizing dope is largely a non-partisan movement.
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

Make it legal, regulate it, tax it. I've been able to buy it since I was 14 or 15. Being illegal benefits nobody except drug dealers, cops, and the prison industry, until you have gunfire and a few cops end up dead. Smokes are legal, but more people die from them then weed.
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

legalize. actually I'm all for legalizing all drugs.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

This gonna be political. Should we move it to the woods?
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

BigKahuna13 wrote:legalize. actually I'm all for legalizing all drugs.
yup what kahuna and & capboy said. take the crime out of it.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Tony Hawk
Green Skidder

Post by Tony Hawk »

Hey, its time for dominoz.....
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

Someone else listening to Bloomberg radio?

I don't smoke, but I say legalize itif you have a solid plan to generate revenue and reduce crime....although it's a lot easier to grow at home than tobacco, so I'm not sure how easy it would be to regulate and tax it...and how would you enforce DWH's? That might be a toughie...
shortski
:dis
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Hal U. Dewin wrote:Someone else listening to Bloomberg radio?

I don't smoke, but I say legalize itif you have a solid plan to generate revenue and reduce crime....although it's a lot easier to grow at home than tobacco, so I'm not sure how easy it would be to regulate and tax it...and how would you enforce DWH's? That might be a toughie...
DWH - finger prick test, just like blood sugar tests for diabetes...could have results in seconds these days, and about as accurate as the breathalizers they use.
ImageImageImageImage
yeti
Powderhound

Post by yeti »

Classify as a controlled substance, leave the details to the states. Sort of like alcohol. Smoking age, laws regarding impairment, smoking in public, the whole 9 yards.

Other drugs are a bit stickier. Leagalization of crystal meth, for example - hmm. That is tricky, too tricky in my opinion.
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

Do I really need to say how I feel about this?
First, one acre of hemp can produce 4 times the paper that one acre of trees can.
Second, there is no reason not to grow hemp. You can grow only male plants and get the hemp products from them. Only the female plants produce THC.
Third, See CAPBOYS post.

Legalize it...its ridiculous that its on the same drug schedule as Heroin and Crack....

Oh, and my favorite thing is the anti pot commercials...
My favorite is the doctor who takes a hit and starts giggling saying lets see if I can still cut a straight line......Do you want your DR smoking pot? No, I d rather have him drunk on scotch, because thats legal.....
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

For being conservative....one of my controversial views are my views on Marijuana. I think it should be legalized....after all....how many deaths does Alcohol and Cigarettes provide compared to Marijuana?

E
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:For being conservative....one of my controversial views are my views on Marijuana. I think it should be legalized....after all....how many deaths does Alcohol and Cigarettes provide compared to Marijuana?

E
You're not controversial; rather, you are an annoyance to DMC.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

CAPBOY wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:For being conservative....one of my controversial views are my views on Marijuana. I think it should be legalized....after all....how many deaths does Alcohol and Cigarettes provide compared to Marijuana?

E
Well...maybe true....but look at things finacially for just one short moment. If pot was legalized...we could tax it...SS problem solved :D
snowsprite
Post Office

Post by snowsprite »

I would say that most responsible professionals do not smoke pot *or* get drunk on the job (perhaps I'm naive, but at least I'm happy). So that's a stupid commercial.

But you're right, I'm guessing the drug of choice for most people is the "legal" one: alcohol.

Sprite
BoozeTan wrote:Oh, and my favorite thing is the anti pot commercials...
My favorite is the doctor who takes a hit and starts giggling saying lets see if I can still cut a straight line......Do you want your DR smoking pot? No, I d rather have him drunk on scotch, because thats legal.....
I like wine.
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
CAPBOY wrote:

E
Well...maybe true....but look at things finacially for just one short moment. If pot was legalized...we could tax it...SS problem solved :D
You are overly optimistic. Think of all of the law enforcement officials that would be out of work and seeking unemployment. Not to mention, the dealers that would be seeking public assistance.