Make pot legal?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

What about that marijuana?

Legalize, Legalize, Legalize that dope! The government can't tell us no and neither can the pope!
83%
No, No, No! People should not be allowed to use it! Marijuana is a gateway drug!
No votes
No, No, No! Well, maybe if they have cancer, and a doctor prescribes it, and the source is regulated, and if it helps them, and...
17%

Total votes: 24

shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

snowsprite wrote:I would say that most responsible professionals do not smoke pot *or* get drunk on the job (perhaps I'm naive, but at least I'm happy).
Did you miss the story about the two airline pilots who were just found quilt y of operating an aircraft while under the influence? Given the responsibility of several hundered peoples live I would say this is a little worse than a DR. being on something in the OR.

(AP) Two former America West pilots were convicted Wednesday of being drunk in the cockpit after an all-night drinking binge.

They face up to five years in prison on the charge of operating an aircraft while drunk. Both men bowed their heads when the verdict was read after a two-week trial and jury deliberations over parts of two days.

Pilot Thomas Cloyd and co-pilot Christopher Hughes were arrested July 1, 2002, as their Phoenix-bound jet was being pushed back from its gate at Miami International Airport.

Police ordered the plane to turn back and arrested the pilots after security screeners smelled a strong odor of alcohol on Hughes, and Cloyd got in an argument over his attempts to bring aboard a cup of coffee.

The pilots had 14 beers between them at a bar the night before the flight, closing out their $122 tab at about 4:40 a.m. — roughly six hours before their flight was to depart. Hours later, they registered blood-alcohol levels above Florida's 0.08 legal limit.

The pilots maintained they were not operating the aircraft because it was being pushed by a runway tug and its steering was disengaged at the time it was ordered back to the terminal. They were fired by America West after their arrests and lost their commercial pilot's licenses.

©MMV The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

QUESTION: What's the most amount of MJ that anybody has ever seen?

I've seen 7,000 LBS of it at once.
subdude
Black Carver

Post by subdude »

Vinny Vincenzo wrote:QUESTION: What's the most amount of MJ that anybody has ever seen?

Wow that's some series amounts of MJ. Most I ever seen was like 4lbs.
W.F.O
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

subdude wrote:
Vinny Vincenzo wrote:QUESTION: What's the most amount of MJ that anybody has ever seen?

It took 8 crane loads to move it. It was some good herb too. Thai Stick.
subdude
Black Carver

Post by subdude »

Vinny Vincenzo wrote:
subdude wrote:

Thai stick must have been the 80s. Where did you deliver it too? :)
W.F.O
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

Stormchaser wrote:
Hal U. Dewin wrote:Someone else listening to Bloomberg radio?

I don't smoke, but I say legalize itif you have a solid plan to generate revenue and reduce crime....although it's a lot easier to grow at home than tobacco, so I'm not sure how easy it would be to regulate and tax it...and how would you enforce DWH's? That might be a toughie...
DWH - finger prick test, just like blood sugar tests for diabetes...could have results in seconds these days, and about as accurate as the breathalizers they use.
I should have been more clear...I meant threshold...now, if you have it in your system, it's an illegal drug, you can be arrested.....if it's legalized, what threshold will it be ok to drive on...08 THC?
shortski
:dis
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

subdude wrote:
Vinny Vincenzo wrote:
subdude wrote:

Thai stick must have been the 80s. Where did you deliver it too? :)
Anchorage Alaska. Yes, it was the 80's. It was straight from Singapore.