Needles Eye Quad status?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

daytripper
Wanted Poster

Re: Needles Eye Quad status?

Post by daytripper »

liv4ski wrote: Feb 1st, '24, 00:04 Red spinning nicely. Everyone come ski Magic. They need your money.Image

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
They need to not take 5+ years to install a lift.
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

Magic...went there one time years ago, bought lift tix, 4 of us, went out to the lifts, neither lift was running. went back inside to ask when they would spin. Guy said he wasnt sure. Asked for our money back so we could go elsewhere. The guy points to a sign that says no refunds. My buddy who is a big scary looking guy says you have 2 choices, give us back our money or Im coming over the counter and beating it out of you. Suddenly the no refund policy was no longer in effect....I think the guy may have sh*t his pants
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

skiadikt wrote: Jan 31st, '24, 20:22
Captain Hafski wrote: Jan 31st, '24, 19:41 Bunch of lift mechanics working on the top station today !

As I think I saw somewhere earlier in this thread, it will need to be fully load tested [with the barrels of water, etc. in the middle of winter] due to the nature of what is being repaired.
yup when we went by, there were 5 snowmobiles parked there, so progress is being made. did you see T?
No - I asked the mechanics if he was up in the station. Think he had the day off.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Bumper

Post by 180 »

water barrels were stacked at the base of the lift today
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

https://www.killington.com/culture/soci ... tus-update

Looks like the part they scavenged was back around New Years to repair the existing drive which was due to come out this summer. When it failed again they replaced it entirely which is what they are currently doing and why a load test is required.
Killington_Lover
Slalom Racer

Post by Killington_Lover »

Ah some insight. Was that so hard for them to get around to posting? Either way good on K for some transparency.
Ski It If You Can!..
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

Agreed

But they could've said that several weeks ago...

sh*t happens
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

We will be performing a load test today starting at 11 a.m., which is expected to draw out into the afternoon. Before it begins, we will be closing Panic Button, Stitch Line, Vertigo, Northbrook Trail and the lower portion of High Road in order to keep skiers and riders out of the way. We expect these runs to open up once the test is over, so we will keep you posted. The Needle’s Eye Express will be spinning as it undergoes further testing next week, but it is not expected to open for another week or so. There will be more updates to come on a projected opening date.
Leaddog
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Leaddog »

newpylong1 wrote: Feb 9th, '24, 07:48 We will be performing a load test today starting at 11 a.m., which is expected to draw out into the afternoon. Before it begins, we will be closing Panic Button, Stitch Line, Vertigo, Northbrook Trail and the lower portion of High Road in order to keep skiers and riders out of the way. We expect these runs to open up once the test is over, so we will keep you posted. The Needle’s Eye Express will be spinning as it undergoes further testing next week, but it is not expected to open for another week or so. There will be more updates to come on a projected opening date.
This was cancelled…
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Hope they do some celebratory mid week ops. Been avoiding Needles. Need to catch up on my Cruise, Needles, Bitter/High regimen.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Leaddog wrote: Feb 9th, '24, 11:01
newpylong1 wrote: Feb 9th, '24, 07:48 We will be performing a load test today starting at 11 a.m., which is expected to draw out into the afternoon. Before it begins, we will be closing Panic Button, Stitch Line, Vertigo, Northbrook Trail and the lower portion of High Road in order to keep skiers and riders out of the way. We expect these runs to open up once the test is over, so we will keep you posted. The Needle’s Eye Express will be spinning as it undergoes further testing next week, but it is not expected to open for another week or so. There will be more updates to come on a projected opening date.
This was cancelled…
saw the lift turning but no barrels on it. hopefully there wasn't a setback. probably can't run the test this weekend.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

I would imagine it had something to do with the state more than anything. Usually load testing is the very last item to do so it was surprising to me to see they still had a week's worth of work planned following the test. Even if the load test is pushed back they should be able to continue with whatever it is they still have to do and still open for next weekend following the test.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

spanky wrote:
skiadikt wrote: Jan 30th, '24, 16:48 and as reported by LINY, from the mtn's afternoon report ...

Thank you for your patience as we continue to work with Leitner Poma on resolving a drive issue with Needles Eye Express Quad. As of now, we are hoping to reopen the lift in mid-February. We apologize for the inconvenience and will keep you posted on a more specific opening date.
I wonder if Killington will get Needles back up and running before Magic gets their black chair up and running. No luck at that place. :(
I was only trying to be sarcastic here. Word is Magic will be load testing the black chair “this week”.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

spanky wrote: Feb 10th, '24, 18:52
spanky wrote:
skiadikt wrote: Jan 30th, '24, 16:48 and as reported by LINY, from the mtn's afternoon report ...

Thank you for your patience as we continue to work with Leitner Poma on resolving a drive issue with Needles Eye Express Quad. As of now, we are hoping to reopen the lift in mid-February. We apologize for the inconvenience and will keep you posted on a more specific opening date.
I wonder if Killington will get Needles back up and running before Magic gets their black chair up and running. No luck at that place. :(
I was only trying to be sarcastic here. Word is Magic will be load testing the black chair “this week”.
Awesome news for management and customers at Magic🤗
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

MrsG wrote: Feb 10th, '24, 19:49
spanky wrote: Feb 10th, '24, 18:52
spanky wrote:

Awesome news for management and customers at Magic🤗
From what I read elsewhere it looks like the investors in Magic have had enough and it may be for sale in the future. if you want to make a little money in the ski buisness, start with alot!
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22