Needles Eye Quad status?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

rogman
Postinator

Re: Needles Eye Quad status?

Post by rogman »

PinnacleJim wrote: Feb 16th, '24, 17:30 I would be willing to bet that if Powdr came in and replaced every lift on the mountain in one fell swope, people here would still find things to complain about.
Can we discuss the snowmaking system?
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

Sure. Completely replace that and what's next? Parking? Price of beer? Lack of free valet service to carry your stuff?
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Kzone would be a pretty boring place if we got rid of the complaining.
spanky
Site Admin

Needles Eye Quad status?

Post by spanky »

All the complaining here really sucks. I hate it more than Killington’s lift issues.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
Killington_Lover
Slalom Racer

Post by Killington_Lover »

PinnacleJim wrote: Feb 16th, '24, 18:08 Sure. Completely replace that and what's next? Parking? Price of beer? Lack of free valet service to carry your stuff?
We have been preemptively complaining about parking for years now. And I agree, screw killington for their village plan and base camp bear. Make the parking ski to with a lift instead of unreliable shuttles then we are talking. Beers are too expensive. Their bay 1 paid for always looks pretty empty every weekend we ski. Oh also we need more/better progression parks for us old folks. :banana:

Pres Smith had a village mock up that had a lift running through it. A visionary. Too bad the money grabbing POS powdr and great gulf are going to turn the basin into a mess for non property owners. I bet they start charging to park in the non remote lots.
Ski It If You Can!..
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Meh. By the time the village is complete cars will be obsolete. We’ll have flying donkeys or some such nonsense.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Killington_Lover wrote: Feb 16th, '24, 19:38
PinnacleJim wrote: Feb 16th, '24, 18:08 Sure. Completely replace that and what's next? Parking? Price of beer? Lack of free valet service to carry your stuff?
We have been preemptively complaining about parking for years now. And I agree, screw killington for their village plan and base camp bear. Make the parking ski to with a lift instead of unreliable shuttles then we are talking. Beers are too expensive. Their bay 1 paid for always looks pretty empty every weekend we ski. Oh also we need more/better progression parks for us old folks. :banana:

Pres Smith had a village mock up that had a lift running through it. A visionary. Too bad the money grabbing POS powdr and great gulf are going to turn the basin into a mess for non property owners. I bet they start charging to park in the non remote lots.
FWIW - Two weeks ago, on the really busy Saturday, the Bay 1 lot was sold out for the day. We drove up at about 11:30 just to see the situation and the parking lot attendent told us only a few spots were left and being saved in case anyone with a pass came up.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

rogman wrote: Feb 16th, '24, 20:22 Meh. By the time the village is complete cars will be obsolete. We’ll have flying donkeys or some such nonsense.
Donkeys are forbidden at the Mogul Challenge. That won't work.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Bubba wrote: Feb 17th, '24, 13:34
rogman wrote: Feb 16th, '24, 20:22 Meh. By the time the village is complete cars will be obsolete. We’ll have flying donkeys or some such nonsense.
Mine is an emotional support donkey. It’s permitted by law. Besides, no one has ever denied entrance to a flying donkey.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

rogman wrote: Feb 17th, '24, 22:38
Bubba wrote: Feb 17th, '24, 13:34
Mine is an emotional support donkey. It’s permitted by law. Besides, no one has ever denied entrance to a flying donkey.
Flying donkeys will be identified in advance of arrival by their upgraded camera system and brought down by laser technology recently added to their RFID system, all of this enhanced and coordinated through application of artificial intelligence in the phone app. The money from those $16 beers isn’t going to waste.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
skidogg
Poster Child Poster

Post by skidogg »

butt is the lift running?
fast is cool.
Faster is cooler. bring back the dis
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

skidogg wrote: Feb 18th, '24, 12:00 butt is the lift running?
rode it a couple times today in rather windy conditions.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

I find its stops disconcerting. Very abrupt and it triggers an oscillation in the line that bounces the chair a lot. Pretty much every time.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

And the Black Chair at Magic carried its first passengers today.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

spanky wrote: Feb 22nd, '24, 22:27 And the Black Chair at Magic carried its first passengers today.
And what do we have for the contestants, Johnny?