Thursday, Jan 18 ….

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

snoloco
Tree Psycho

Re: Thursday, Jan 18 ….

Post by snoloco »

No, that's not what I said. I just said I would like to see those trails in the next phase.
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

KingsFourMan wrote: Jan 19th, '24, 09:23
Southside_Bobby wrote: Jan 19th, '24, 08:27
KingsFourMan wrote: Jan 19th, '24, 08:19
MrsG wrote: Jan 19th, '24, 07:30
KingsFourMan wrote: Jan 18th, '24, 21:15
Thanks MrsG, did you see any snowmaking on anything new?
Spot guns on lower Great Eastern …. don't recall anywhere else! Maybe in the K1 to Rams area.
Wow, in years past, they would have had multiple trails lit up during a cold snap like this in mid to late January especially signature trails like Out Limits, Devils Fiddle, Double Dipper and others. The snowmaking effort seems to be getting less and less Beastly every year now. Something is definitely going on, probably a combination of factors.
It is much worse this year than any previous season I can recall.
Agreed
hmmph. for even a small local area, i've noted the same.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

KingsFourMan wrote: Jan 19th, '24, 08:19
MrsG wrote: Jan 19th, '24, 07:30
KingsFourMan wrote: Jan 18th, '24, 21:15
MrsG wrote: Jan 18th, '24, 20:23 Sorry, cannot let a day go by without a report - conditions from Sup to Bear were soft snow and enjoyable - another short day due to MrG’s struggle - longer today, but not going to push it!
Thanks MrsG, did you see any snowmaking on anything new?
Spot guns on lower Great Eastern …. don't recall anywhere else! Maybe in the K1 to Rams area.
Wow, in years past, they would have had multiple trails lit up during a cold snap like this in mid to late January especially signature trails like Out Limits, Devils Fiddle, Double Dipper and others. The snowmaking effort seems to be getting less and less Beastly every year now. Something is definitely going on, probably a combination of factors.
guess what, tonight running on OL and according to report dreammaker & double dip. like it or not, they've been running all week on timberline which takes a tremendous amount of snow. also ran on swirl which they never mentioned. they shut them down on bear cub today (friday). people don't consider that run as important but that's a long run and needs to be done. they revisited most of GE and maybe some on sunrise. they made snow on downdraft this week and the previous week - skyeburst, panic/needles & cascade.

yeah definitely "sluggish" this season. they've certainly taken a very methodical approach but are getting it done. tell you what, skiing has been pretty damn good lately. 149 trails open - most by far in the east.
spoiled South American skiin' whore